tha truth hurts sample

M

mj milla

hey does anyone know who dr. dre sampled from for that drum sorta thing in 'tha truth hurts', the song with that cool drum part and then like arabian singing in it? i think busta has that sample in one of his tracks i dont know which. im not a fan or busta but i heard the track on the radio one day...

Truth Hurts - Addictive

truth hurts is the girl.....the artist. and the song is called addictive. and dre didn't produce it. he produced the remix. dj quik produced the song. plus....that's an indian girl singing in the BG as the sample.

i know its an indian girl, i found out the drum sample it's from al green.

mj milla - could u plz tell me which al green song its from?

first off pimp coat indian and arabian are too very different things. got it? thats like me calling you croatian just cuz your white. now then the sample of the woman is asha bhonsle and old indian soundtrack which quik found somwhere. just for your 411 though quik's company is being sued for more the a mil for not clearing the sample from an indian company. which sucks cuz finding the company would have been damn near impossible since the song was a flop back in the 70's.
some real knowledge for that azz.

actually the **** was a big hit.....my pops (from trinidad) and his side of the fam know her music. anytime he throw a party.....i hear that shit. oh well......but they suin aftermath and interscope for $500 mill

Clear shyt up

Ok let me break it down...

I personally dont think its from any al green song..if so give me the name of it.

More like = Bt express - do it till you're satisfied...

do it..do it..do it...anyway

ok the indian girl...how about old woman...amazing how filters and time stretches work.

Her name is Lata mangeshkar...very popular recorded over 4,000 songs...atleast growing up..aint that some ish ?

The name of the song (on kazaa) would be "Thoda Resham"
It wasnt sampled..it WAS STOLEN entirely thats why the suit is 100 million..wtf is that about.

He was watching some tv show..must of been high (2 am)..and idiotically he didnt kno..but if he was watchign a tv show how he get the song or find the name of it ?..without typing it in or knowing...ANYWAY thats another story.

And many argue that he only sampled the drums from bt express..and made his own beat..but u take a listen to the song and tell me how u feel..cuz it sounds verbatim to me...

Basically there was no effort involved at all...except mathcing 2 different songs....

I am dissapointed in DJ quik...and Dr dre for not doign anything about it..im quite sure they kno thats illegal after being in thins business for HOW LONG ?

And some other guy...knocturnal is rumored to have made the beat....(drums)..i dunno

Well one more thing...look up umi-10 and or Shashwanti <<<name of track...is either a remix AFTER addictive or actually the original track he stole and just tweaked.....either way it sounds pretty cool also...

REMEMBER LATA MANGESHKAR IS THE SINGER of "THODA RESHAM"...

my 2 cents is up...

Dskillz

holla front

REACT

i checked out some of those hindi beats pretty damn tight but this topic has gotten me thinking..... i dont know if that new erick sermon track sampled hindi music as well but anyone know who he sampled? sounds similar and just as good as addictive.

out

Re: REACT

Vertigo said:
i checked out some of those hindi beats pretty damn tight but this topic has gotten me thinking..... i dont know if that new erick sermon track sampled hindi music as well but anyone know who he sampled? sounds similar and just as good as addictive.

out

that eric sermon track (react ft. redman), was produced by Just Blaze. sounds like hes mixed a sample and his own production in that one. dunno what it samples, but i think its egyptian music (i aint sure tho!)

That drum part is from an old Tevin Campbell CD Back to the World QWEST RECORDS distrubuted by Warner brothers song called I need you produced by the boom boom brothers!!! ASCAP!!!!!

wussp

tstar
"but i think its egyptian music (i aint sure tho!)"
its hindi music again b. maybe crica 50s or 60s this time.
it seems dre's company tried for quite some time to clear the copyright but the indian company changed its name several times. which is now saregama company.
lata mangeshar the singer is in the guiness book of world records for the most recordings in the world. so shes not small timer.

that my 2 .

Yo all !!
Get ready for some real info - the rumour goes that erick sermon like dre stole the indian sample - yes - IT IS AN indian sample - it is from a movie called Taj mahal released in the 1960's - the original song is called "Chandi ka Badan" which means you gotta a body like silver - the indian singer is noneother than Asha - she is latas sister (lata was the one dre stole on addictive)
and wonders of it all - the sample in react also belongs to saregama - now erick sermon cannot say he tried contacting them but didnt know them - everyone knows saregama now!!
i think guys at bmg and j records must start sweating !!!

hows that for knowledge

i checked that tune you said its from petleo, and yea thats it.

but most of that track just blaze made himself, its just that little vocal sample, but i guess theyed still sue as long as they reckonize it, but how u know they didnt get the sample cleared anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
truth hurts sample/erick sermon sample

Hey guys, nice to meet you all. Just wanted to let you know that both samples are from soundtracks of hindi films. The language of the samples is hindi, the main language of India.
If you have any questions about any other samples from indian films feel free to ask - I have tons of Indian film soundtracks. You know who else collects them on vinyl ? rick rubin, lol!

Anyhooo, the truth hurts sample is actually a tiny portion of an old song from the indian film Jyoti , the song's title is "thoda resham lagta hai" (on the hmv/saregama label which is owned by emi ) which translates to: you need a little silk ( you have to have heard the entire song to know the full meaning) feel free to ask for translations too lol. Singer: Lata Mangeshkar. Universal Music in India put out a remix of the old track with entirely new lyrics, keeping only the verse used in the addictive sample, plus they stole back dr dre's music, lol! You can find this one on an album called UMI-10 volume 3 track: "kaliyon ka chaman"

As for the erick sermon sample, it is from an old film called "taj mahal" the song is a qawwali called "chandi ka badan". This is also on the hmv/saregama/emi label. The sample used "kisi ko khud khushi ka shauq ho to kya kare koi" is only a 5 second part of this song ( not a repeated verse). Singer: Asha Bhosle (check out the cornershop song brimful of asha - its a tribute to her) It translates to "if someone fancies suicide, what is one to do?"

Hope this was helpful. Feel free to ask anything else in this thread. Happy Holidays folks.

Anyone have a clue which sample Missy uses in Get ur freak on? Some sites mention Panjabi MC's 'Mahi' as the original but I believe the're way off with that one.

Since I heard Sean Paul using a sample from the same song on his album track 'Shout (street Respect)' I am going nuts not being able to find the original...!

Jay

Back