F**K Hip Hop Music, I Quit! (I'm Serious)

I can't take the bulls**t anymore!

The disbalance of music played on the airwaves, the blantant disrespect amongst artists and the fans, the drugs and violence overtly promoted in the songs, the deeveloution of the music as art, the rabid ignorance of the holier than thou attitudes of the backpackers who are actaully more ignorant than the so-called country bumpkins they openly hate on, the coprorate hand holding of the advertising and marketing companies that the labels are now are at mercy to because cats are stealing music via soulseek and ********, and the boring stiff dry souless beats that the indie kids call soulful just because it has a soul sample in it? WTF?

Man I'm throwing my hip hop card in the sand and pouring some fresh iraqi oil on it so I can light that b*tch up cause hip hop music officially sux to me now.

i feel ya in a way, im kinda the same, but i aint never been like **** hip hop, cause this isnt hip hop, its RAP, theres a difference...listen to old school, i do all the time, makes me feel better rather than listening to something on the radio, which theyve played probably 3 or 4 times in 2 hours

if you want to be a part of the music business (producing, whatever you do), you gotta be a lot stronger than this

dude youre crying out for attention, if you were seroius about this, you wouldnt of posted it, you would of just stepped away from hip hop for a while, you wouldnt of came to the HIP HOP FORUM to tell us you were through with it cause you know what our response would be

my guess is you'll be listhening to laffy taffy again tommorow

MOE925 said:
F**K you, ol emo ass nigga. Hip-hop don't need weak cats like you anyways.

Hey whipper snapper, at least I'm moving forward, your generation is still trying to catch up to where I've already been and done musically. Think about that for a moment before you come back with the propane torch you're holding on to right now, Because I got a huge fire extinguisher for that ass. It's called a discography with over two decades of experience Jr.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not attacking anybody on these boards, I'm Attacking the creative trap Hip Hop on a whole has allowed it's self to walk into. If you can't understand that then I pitty you like Mr. T because we need something fresh and new and I can't see it coming out of hip hop right now because of the system.

I'm 18 and I can see the trap that most have accepted and walked into, I'm just workin to find an artist and groom him/her to be that nextstep, cause I have some heat in the stash that's gonna change some things..Pete, holla at me man, I respect how you feel about this nonsense that's goin on. What we gotta do is make those soulful beats, get our area we live in on lock, pushin that new sound with an old soul so hard that trends will change, cause if we sway the public in our area, then move to important areas and sway them, we'll create a trend. It's all science man, lol..Stay up Pete..

fivestar said:
dude youre crying out for attention, if you were seroius about this, you wouldnt of posted it, you would of just stepped away from hip hop for a while, you wouldnt of came to the HIP HOP FORUM to tell us you were through with it cause you know what our response would be

my guess is you'll be listhening to laffy taffy again tommorow
In my very best John McLauglin voice possible: WRONG! I'm crying for hip hop because NY has officially destroyed the very thing it created and I'm deeply ashamed to be from there now. Yo in fact I'm a full fledge Hawaiian now. F**k NY they killed hip hop with all the beef and bulls**t.

A let it rain
A clear it out!

cosign on planethitz... holla at me (ignore the myspace)... im 17 and lookin to bring hip hop back to its essence

ASHOTACROSSTHEBOW said:
I can't take the bulls**t anymore!

The disbalance of music played on the airwaves, the blantant disrespect amongst artists and the fans, the drugs and violence overtly promoted in the songs, the deeveloution of the music as art, the rabid ignorance of the holier than thou attitudes of the backpackers who are actaully more ignorant than the so-called country bumpkins they openly hate on, the coprorate hand holding of the advertising and marketing companies that the labels are now are at mercy to because cats are stealing music via soulseek and ********, and the boring stiff dry souless beats that the indie kids call soulful just because it has a soul sample in it? WTF?

Man I'm throwing my hip hop card in the sand and pouring some fresh iraqi oil on it so I can light that b*tch up cause hip hop music officially sux to me now.

classic post, esp the iraqi part

true hip-hop heads know, shyt is beyond down hill, its in the fires of hell.

the hip-hop we known and loved will neevr come back, and thats the thing we have to realize

Last edited by a moderator:
Reign of Terror said:
classic post, esp the iraqi part

true hip-hop heads know, shyt is beyond down hill, its in the fires of hell.

the hip-hop we known and loved will neevr come back, and thats the thing we have to realize

WHAAAAAAAAT? I'm sorry but this thread and this post is some serious sissy sh*t? If everyone adapted this sh*tty attitude then yeah you're right true hip hop would vanish. Fortunately there are true heads that will deal with the struggles and keep pushing forward. I don't plan on letting hip hop die.

Cameron Thomas said:
WHAAAAAAAAT? I'm sorry but this thread and this post is some serious sissy sh*t? If everyone adapted this sh*tty attitude then yeah you're right true hip hop would vanish. Fortunately there are true heads that will deal with the struggles and keep pushing forward. I don't plan on letting hip hop die.

You're totally missing the point of this post and Rain of Terror totally got it. What's being said is there needs to be something new and it needs to be creative.

All the stuff the backpackers are glorifying right now with all of this revisionistic wannabee like the golden era S**t is really no different from when when the Bad Boy invasion came along with all of that sampling the 80's s**t.

I fondly remember a time when the music creatively moved forward every two years not backwards into another decade but somehow heads got too comfortable and can't let go. The ones who really disgust me are the ones who wern't even around to experience it like my generation trying to relive our time.

No I'm sorry to tell you kids this but you all got it very wrong this is your time bring us something fresh and new don't go backwards that's why everything seems dry like a chick with a serious yeast infection.

You really want to save hip hop music from it's comatose state then create something fresh and new and really be about it, I'm moving forward and pushing for the Soultronica movement because it's fresh and new.

Hip hop is not dead it's it's a coma because NY is f**king up bad!. If NY fell off like it has already then trust me on this, it's going to be a serious dominoe effect and guess what? Someone already pushed that first dominoe.

I can't count how many times I've seen this thread title. Just stop listening to it. Stop posting in this forum. But please don't announce it to us! We're wasting space with these outbursts! And it's rap music you're talking about, because you don't hear hip-hop that much anymore. Don't blame hip-hop in general, blame the niggas behind the music because they're the ones making these terrible modifications to it.

budda963 said:
cosign on planethitz... holla at me (ignore the myspace)... im 17 and lookin to bring hip hop back to its essence

That's what I'm talkin' about..It'll start with us young guys. We the motherf*ckin heartbeat of the hiphop sh!t!

Notice, bebop jazz, rocknroll, soul,rap...all this stuff was rebel music, sometimes for the worse as we see now..but we can be rebels to bringin this back to the essence, I'm trying to do so Malcolm X type stuff for hiphop in my area, cause niggas is wack around here, not dissin, just stating the truth..

too many bandwagon ass niggas around here, hoppin on the latest styles and trends just to be cool, but un original.. but, to all those who are goin against the grain, make sure yo **** tight, cause we dont wanna hear no wack experimental stuff either...it's a fine balance..

Don't fool yourself into believing that the rap or hiphop music and culture is fine..It's in a pretty bad state, don't believe it, turn on your TV, I know there is someone on here that's gonna say "TV doesnt reflect all points of view" But it sure reflects most of them partaining to black culture "in tha hoodz" Might be some one else who would say "You dont have to believe what you see on TV either" But tell that to the young cats comming up who see this ignorant **** on TV and hear it on radio and then think it's true and try to live that life..I knew a lil homie in the 6th grade, got kicked out of school, and held in juvenile for sellin crack in the school..had a bundle on him, dude wasnt poor, im a lot older than him, used to see him a lot, but now he's turned Blood, treats nobody with respect of any kind, already has his hands on 9mm pistols, been to a trap house, all this **** b4 the 10th grade.

I feel ya Pete, I see why you disgusted from rap, but, bump some old school jams, and try to find an artist with your same vision, and MAKE SURE HE'S HOT..I'm gonna find me a rapper with a soul like Tupac. Might say it isnt possible..but hey, could happen.

Last but not least. The greatest thing about 2pac was that he embodied both sides of every situation, think about it, most of his flow, he always talked about the "thug life" but he never did 4get to mention some of the consequences of that life...There is a whole lot of secrets hidden in Tupac's music. May he rest in peace.

Another problem with 'rap' is that artists arent doing reality.. I believe this started with the Puffy era of rap.. Puffy ****ed up a lot of ****.. Being parked outside of a club with 5 H2's, 2 Bentlys, and 5 Caprice Classics isnt reality, diamond studded chains that hang to your dick isnt reality..You in the club pourin champange on models, that aint reality, and it's in damn near every video, so much to the point that niggas wanna get signed just so they can experience those pleasures..I bet it would be nice, but it isnt my lifes goin, plus i got a model chick by my side anyways, and i aint leavin her 4 no video girl groupie. lol..This is also why Pete is mad, niggas arent hungry anymore, it's just rappin 4 a check now. That's why we listen to that old ****, those niggas were fightin for their lives for the music..

hiphop isnt dead. WE ARE HIPHOP.

I'm just venting, take it or leave it. Holla.

Back