Is FL Studio Overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Drake and Lana Del Ray have had numerous tracks produced in FL. I thought you were being clever until you continued to type. :cheers:

Please provide links as proof of this. Because the only information online is the Video Games article from Sound on Sound which shows it was made in Ableton, Cubase and vocals recorded in Pro Tools.

You get a C for effort, son.

Nothing that will stand the test of time will be made in that crap software. People will grow up and move on and refuse to admit that their signature sound came from "fruity reverb" or "fruity limter" or whatever condescending names that software places on it's plugins.

In case you're too lazy:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr12/articles/it-0412.htm

^^^ See, those are PROS. I know you're not used to seeing that breed of human, same as everyone else on FP forums, but it's true. The real world doesn't revolve around Fruity "anything". It's professionals with a message and a story to tell. Not this garbage wanna-be nonsense that will end up in Walmart's $1 bin.

A Ford Focus will get you from point A to B the same as a Mercedes will, there's a reason why people still pay for that Mercedes.

And a Reason why Pro Tools is still the standard unfortunately.

Last edited:
^^^Now you're typing is illegible, so let me get this straight....maybe you mistyped or misquoted...are you telling me your "research" showed you every track from Drake and Lana Del Ray ever is summed up to only being made in a few pieces of software?

If so, I know how removed from the conversation you are and have no reason to waste any more of either of our time.

Last edited:
^^^lol. I get it, FL Studio must've raped your mom and gave you cancer.

I thought Avicii had a song he produced with Lana Del Rey, after looking it up I realize she wasn't on it, so you win that on...but as for Drake, 40 and Boi 1da as wall as Cardiak have all produced numerous songs on his albums as well as features on other albums using FL.

Wale's entire "Ambition" album was produced in FL. Will I Am, Britney Spears, Pitbull, Eminem, Jennifer Lopez, Kelis, Ke$ha, MGK, Diddy, I could go on forever... have all had records produced in FL. What is the problem, lol?

Last edited:
^^^lol. I get it, FL Studio must've raped your mom and gave you cancer.

I thought Avicii had a song he produced with Lana Del Rey, after looking it up I realize she wasn't on it, so you win that on...but as for Drake, 40 and Boi 1da as wall as Cardiak have all produced numerous songs on his albums as well as features on other albums using FL.

Wale's entire "Ambition" album was produced in FL. Will I Am, Britney Spears, Pitbull, Eminem, Jennifer Lopez, Kelis, Ke$ha, MGK, Diddy, I could go on forever... have all had records produced in FL. What is the problem, lol?

I kind of feel bad for you.

This one's for you kid. Even if you win the special olympics, you're still a retard.

Applause.gif

Last edited:
FL Studio is totally overrated. You think someone like Drake or Lana del Rey wants to work with someone using software with plugins called "fruityEQ" or "fruitycompressor".

Ok...so i guess I'm the slow one...but did I not just debunk this "fact" by providing you multiple producers from Drake who use FL Studio and then go on to name other "artists like Drake" who've had production done in FL?

You win?

Ok...so i guess I'm the slow one...but did I not just debunk this "fact" by providing you multiple producers from Drake who use FL Studio and then go on to name other "artists like Drake" who've had production done in FL?

You win?

So much fail. Want to know what the Pros really use? Not noob dickheads, but real pros. Here you go, since you obviously can't back up anything you say with proof --which is what I've been doing--.

UA DAW Poll.png

You see FL Studio on there? I can guarantee that it's on there even though it's barely noticeable.

You can stop embarrassing yourself now.

Last edited:
I think is is very user friendly and is good for beginners. But as they release new versions, the capabilities that fl studio offers, is enough to satisfy even advanced music producers such as myself. No, I think it is great. I like maschine more tho..

FL Studio is good for beginners and advanced producers. It at this point to me its all what you have running your system and what you know, or what your capable of, as a producer yourself. You can have the so called "best Daw" and still make "decent" music, yet you can have a very basic program and pull of a nice sounding product.

After knowledge is gained, its all just what you perfer. So, no its not overrated, its just what people usually go to when they first start off and most just stick with it as the years go by, like me :)

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

I think he was just saying that pros even use the program, not just the rookies. But hey on the major popular list, it isn't gonna top much of the comp...

So much fail. Want to know what the Pros really use? Not noob dickheads, but real pros. Here you go, since you obviously can't back up anything you say with proof --which is what I've been doing--.

View attachment 39838

You see FL Studio on there? I can guarantee that it's on there even though it's barely noticeable.

View attachment 39838

UAD forums? That's the "pros" now? Lol. I was using UAD plugs back when no one knew much about them. The old PCI set(before PCIe). I doubt many people run those in FL, only thing surprising about that thread is I woulda thought more Pro Tools users relied on UAD plugs than anything. That's what I used mine in to take weight off the CPU(something that's not much of a factor the last half a decade). What make's the polls on their forum any more "professional" than the polls on Gearsluts, KVR, NI, Propellerhead, Waves, or here. Common sense should tell you the product being discussed is gonna weigh on the responses to the polls. But there goes your "proof"? LMAO.

I didn't see Reason up there at all(duh). Could it be UAD plugs target audio editors above...PRODUCERS?

So now you're saying all "professionals" use UAD?

And according to that same poll under your guidelines, Vegas, Acid, Audition and Digital Performer are all as "unprofessional" as FL? Sequoia? Lol. Really? Sequoia? As much as you surf the net looking for who uses what, I'm sure you're aware the lack of Sequoia users has no reflection on the ammount of commercial albums it's been used to master and how "professional" it is? "Embarrassing myself" with more logic I guess.

Sometimes the guy who's thinking he's winning the debate while making the opposing viewer look like the idiot is pulling a better job of defeating himself than the guy he's debating with ever could. I've been there before myself. :cheers:

Last edited:
UAD forums? That's the "pros" now? Lol. I was using UAD plugs back when no one knew much about them. The old PCI set(before PCIe). I doubt many people run those in FL, only thing surprising about that thread is I woulda thought more Pro Tools users relied on UAD plugs than anything. That's what I used mine in to take weight off the CPU(something that's not much of a factor the last half a decade). What make's the polls on their forum any more "professional" than the polls on Gearsluts, KVR, NI, Propellerhead, Waves, or here. Common sense should tell you the product being discussed is gonna weigh on the responses to the polls. But there goes your "proof"? LMAO.

I didn't see Reason up there at all(duh). Could it be UAD plugs target audio editors above...PRODUCERS?

So now you're saying all "professionals" use UAD?

And according to that same poll under your guidelines, Vegas, Acid, Audition and Digital Performer are all as "unprofessional" as FL? Sequoia? Lol. Really? Sequoia? As much as you surf the net looking for who uses what, I'm sure you're aware the lack of Sequoia users has no reflection on the ammount of commercial albums it's been used to master and how "professional" it is? "Embarrassing myself" with more logic I guess.

Sometimes the guy who's thinking he's winning the debate while making the opposing viewer look like the idiot is pulling a better job of defeating himself than the guy he's debating with ever could. I've been there before myself. :cheers:

How many people do you know, or actually, how many people on this forum use UA products? Don't like that poll? Ok, here's gearslutz poll. They are the undisputed kings of pro audio.

daw poll.jpg

You see FL Studio on there? I can guarantee it's on there. You can stop embarrassing yourself now.

1.63%

Do you know that? 1 point motherfuggin 63 percent of pros use that sorry ass piece of shit.

Please stop now. I'm really feeling bad for you.

Last edited:
FL had 8 users. It has more users than Reason on PC and is equal to the amount using Reason in both OS. It has more users than Sequoia. More users than Soundforge. Mixbus? Audition? So it's 'more professional than those programs, right?

And apparently some of those "pros' were so compitent they voted in the headers they weren't supposed to vote in. :rolleyes:

Lol @ your "facts". Please, continue.

FL had 8 users. It has more users than Reason on PC and is equal to the amount using Reason in both OS. It has more users than Sequoia. More users than Soundforge. Mixbus? Audition? So it's 'more professional than those programs, right?

And apparently some of those "pros' were so compitent they voted in the headers they weren't supposed to vote in. :rolleyes:

Lol @ your "facts". Please, continue.

picard-facepalm.jpg

So now your only move is to ramble a bunch of nonsense in hopes that it will confuse the audience...

I'm guessing you were never captain of the debate team in high school.

^^^I'm guessing if you were, you went to a shytty school, lol. :cheers:

No nonsense was rambled, I used your own views and logic to display how ridiculous your views and logic were. That's kind of "debate 101" is it not? Or are we in 2 different threads right now?

Last edited:
^^^I'm guessing if you were, you went to a shytty school, lol. :cheers:

No nonsense was rambled, I used your own views and logic to display how ridiculous your views and logic were. That's kind of "debate 101" is it not? Or are we in 2 different threads right now?

Point them out. I've provided proof to back up my facts. You've provided absolutely nothing to back up your assumptions.

Last edited:
^^^You provided me with the charts I used to clarify you have no sense of what a "fact" is.

You seriously so confused you missed all that? It's cool, you're the only one.

To recap...you said an artist like Drake would not accept anything coming from FL Studio, the FACT is producers Boi 1da, Cardiak(sp), and 40 have produced songs for Drake within FL.

You posted polls from UAD and Gearslutz forums as proof "professionals" don't use FL. This is all kinds of stupid, because forums aren't a meeting ground for everything "professional" in the 1st place, FL is a software that targets producers while UAD plugs target audio editors. The polls reflected as much. Yet, if i use your idea that the polls are an accurate display of what pros use, FL still beat out programs like Acid, Mixbus, Sequoia, Reason, Digital Performer, and Soundforge. Does that not indicate by your view that FL is MORE professional than these programs?

Again, by your view...my view is that's the biggest crock of shyt your net wielding, pie chart havin, not a fact in your entire bullshyt ramble, wanna be fact claimin' azz could have.

You can't really be that dumb...yet manage to call others retards, lol.

Both Drake and Lana Del Ray have had numerous tracks produced in FL. I thought you were being clever until you continued to type. :cheers:

I can't even respond to your prior posts because they're so void of anything sensible. How is Avicii and Afrojack not "real musicians?" Because they use a program you don't endorse and you are entitled to the final say on who is and isn't? Millions of consumer fans disagree. How is FL any less worthy of being considered a professional tool than Logic or Ableton Live...Reason for that matter? And how backwards incompatable is your brain to think in 2013 programs like Pro Tools and Cubase are "more professional" simply because of who uses them?

Only thing that speaks for your professionalism is the final product...THE MUSIC.

If what you were saying is true, we'd all still be using Gigastudio, Pro Tools, and Samplitude/Sequoia since they used to be the go to tools for "professionals" and nothing beyond who uses the software counts.

I couldn't agree more. I don't think anyone can even hear in which DAW something is made without knowing it. appart maybe from some samples that are stocked in DAW's which pro's barely/don't use

^^^You provided me with the charts I used to clarify you have no sense of what a "fact" is.

You seriously so confused you missed all that? It's cool, you're the only one.

To recap...you said an artist like Drake would not accept anything coming from FL Studio, the FACT is producers Boi 1da, Cardiak(sp), and 40 have produced songs for Drake within FL.

You posted polls from UAD and Gearslutz forums as proof "professionals" don't use FL. This is all kinds of stupid, because forums aren't a meeting ground for everything "professional" in the 1st place, FL is a software that targets producers while UAD plugs target audio editors. The polls reflected as much. Yet, if i use your idea that the polls are an accurate display of what pros use, FL still beat out programs like Acid, Mixbus, Sequoia, Reason, Digital Performer, and Soundforge. Does that not indicate by your view that FL is MORE professional than these programs?

Again, by your view...my view is that's the biggest crock of shyt your net wielding, pie chart havin, not a fact in your entire bullshyt ramble, wanna be fact claimin' azz could have.

You can't really be that dumb...yet manage to call others retards, lol.

Mommy, Why they no like FL Studio?

crying-baby.jpg

I used FL studio as a stepping stone into making music, i used it to learn the basics then took the leap to Cubase and never looked back, the work flow is so slow in FL studio.

Some say it is,but i disagree,thoughts?

Hmmmm, ask 9th Wonder, Jahlil Beats, Ayo The Producer, Lex Luger, Mike Will, Boi-1da, Hitboy, Johnny Juliano, and a slew of other SUCCESSFUL FL Studio users the same question!

Just like many of the guys that posted here said, it really isn't about the software, which is easily cracked and accessible to pretty much anyone who has a computer or pc.

Someone else mentioned something that was profound regarding the online schools that have these electronic music production certification programs for software such as Cubase, Logic, Pro Tools, Reason, and others and exclude the Image Line folk for whatever reason, but I would think because most of these online courses don't think the FL Studio platform doesn't need a certification because its pretty easy to use. Yet, its still guys that has had the software for years and can't compose with it.

Its all about the user so if anyone says its underrated, more than likely they don't know how to use it, or just suck at producing and composing music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back