Why can I always tell a FL beat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, Seriously, Kahliljn, you need to lay off on the coffee, or bad granola, roids or whatever. None of us who you're trying to argue with have an oppositional view of what you're saying, you just aren't comprehending before responding. Now you gonna act like post #138 don't exsist? C'mon man losen up, it's just a music forum.

kahliljn said:
Same can be said about you regardless of what you use. How old are you 19 I dont care if you have a multimillion dollar studio your ear isn't going to be the same as a person who has more experience you'll just have all that equipment for nuthin. My point had nuthin to do with who has the most experience or anything like that so anything you said in context to that is irrelevant to what Im saying.

Everybody in hear is baggin on FL I dont care really that they are but they dont present any proof to back up their claims except owe I use such and such through my such and such...and fruity loops cant compete..lol..you dont design or create programs SO HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?????? And like Ive said before Ive heard shyt on FP where people have used fruityloops and it souns better than guys who havwe all this expensive equipment. And yes I think I have a pretty good ear for music Ive only been listening to since I was born so that whole arguement you presented hits is some BS real talk.

*I GOT A BITE* (reels in)

Fyck FL, Fyck Reason, Fyck the MPC. Fyck the ASR.

Who cares what you use.

If you wasn't in such a mad dash to get your argument on you would have atleast read this interesting tidbit here....

Their ear for music is NOT built, their sounds ARE generic and sloppy, and again they have NO EAR to even realize that their beats DO NOT COMPARE to anything that is out.

Cause their EAR isnt developed.

A cat with a developed ear can take stock reason and stock FL and give you a *workable* product.

I'll give it to ya. You got guts. But you tend to want to get your post on without getting a full scope of what they hell you are even posting about.

All that * **** FL* bs was just a joke.

As what EVERYBODY says "i heard FL beats that can sit all ya'll down"

*sigh*

FL isn't the problem.

It's dudes with no ear.

Read carefully. DUDES WITH N O EAR.

Making beats combining the WRONG scales, rhythms dont form a complete phrase rather they sound like a combination of beat ideas crammed into 1.

Sequencing is plain wack.

Listen up lil homie.

At what point in my last post did I say Kahliljin?

Case in point.

Every post isn't about you homie.

Now what IS the EAR for music?

You dont get it by listening. Passive listening.

You get it through STUDY.

When you can piece together 6-10 elements in a beat, add drops, get bridges together, actually PRODUCE a beat.

And all the elements fit like pieces to a puzzle.

There arent 4 pieces in the beat fighting to be the lead instrument.

etc

Thats what i meant about access.

Dudes get their program got the FL sequencer up and FP up at the same time, trying to get a walk through of the program so they can MAKE A BEAT.

Not even to study their influences, read Mix Mag articles on tried and true soft/hard synths, LISTEN to music, remake tracks, READ THE MANUALS, and etc.

PlanetHitzProduction said:
*I GOT A BITE* (reels in)

Fyck FL, Fyck Reason, Fyck the MPC. Fyck the ASR.

Who cares what you use.

If you wasn't in such a mad dash to get your argument on you would have atleast read this interesting tidbit here....

Their ear for music is NOT built, their sounds ARE generic and sloppy, and again they have NO EAR to even realize that their beats DO NOT COMPARE to anything that is out.

Cause their EAR isnt developed.

A cat with a developed ear can take stock reason and stock FL and give you a *workable* product.

I'll give it to ya. You got guts. But you tend to want to get your post on without getting a full scope of what they hell you are even posting about.

All that * **** FL* bs was just a joke.

As what EVERYBODY says "i heard FL beats that can sit all ya'll down"

*sigh*

FL isn't the problem.

It's dudes with no ear.

Read carefully. DUDES WITH N O EAR.

Making beats combining the WRONG scales, rhythms dont form a complete phrase rather they sound like a combination of beat ideas crammed into 1.

Sequencing is plain wack.

Listen up lil homie.

At what point in my last post did I say Kahliljin?

Case in point.

Every post isn't about you homie.

Now what IS the EAR for music?

You dont get it by listening. Passive listening.

You get it through STUDY.

When you can piece together 6-10 elements in a beat, add drops, get bridges together, actually PRODUCE a beat.

And all the elements fit like pieces to a puzzle.

There arent 4 pieces in the beat fighting to be the lead instrument.

etc

Thats what i meant about access.

Dudes get their program got the FL sequencer up and FP up at the same time, trying to get a walk through of the program so they can MAKE A BEAT.

Not even to study their influences, read Mix Mag articles on tried and true soft/hard synths, LISTEN to music, remake tracks, READ THE MANUALS, and etc.

LOL..lil homie..well LIL HOMIE last time I checked Im a LIL bit older than you are..anyways Ive been on FP long enough to know that you dont have to say a persons name to direct a comment towards them, thats why I always do so it there wont be any confusion.

Sequencing is Wac?? Thanks for your opinion on that. How you make music and how some one else makes music may be totally different, and thats the beauty of music. Im quite sure there are thousands of sequenced beats that are better than anything you and I have ever done have ever done. When your sitting down making a beat you should'nt have to compare it to whats hot. You should do you and develop your own ear for music not follow what someone else says is trhe right way and wrong way to compose.

Good to know it's not just me, dude just can't comprehend, doesn't read before he posts, or can't admit when he's wrong. Still no response to post #138? lol.

Last edited:
kahliljn said:
LOL..lil homie..well LIL HOMIE last time I checked Im a LIL bit older than you are..anyways Ive been on FP long enough to know that you dont have to say a persons name to direct a comment towards them, thats why I always do so it there wont be any confusion.

Sequencing is Wac?? Thanks for your opinion on that. How you make music and how some one else makes music may be totally different, and thats the beauty of music. Im quite sure there are thousands of sequenced beats that are better than anything you and I have ever done have ever done. When your sitting down making a beat you should'nt have to compare it to whats hot. You should do you and develop your own ear for music not follow what someone else says is trhe right way and wrong way to compose.
It's cool lil homie.

You make yourself sound younger than you are.

j/k'in wit ya. Chill out.

*sigh*

It really is useless talking to ya man, I honestly don't give a fyck if you did think I was talking to you, But there's no need for sublimitals Kahliljin.

See. Look how easy that was Kahliljin.

Now Kahliljin here's what I mean by *sequence is wack*

The sequence is WACK.

comparing music?

That's how you build your ear bud.

You compare to what's *hot* to you. Music that reasonates with you personally. You recreate those beats, that mood, BUILDING your musical vocab with music that makes you feel like "yea! this is where it's at!"

That is *The Secret*

Take it or leave it.

Look back in history on how legendary jazz musicians and etc COPIED solos from their influences to build their MUSICAL VOCAB.

I got some Dilla beat tapes and dude was getting his Pete Rock on to the fullest.

All the *greats* followed after what style of music reasonated with them, intergrated it within their process and made a new product.

And this took YEARS.

That cycle is enternally messed up with the internet now.

Too much access.

Nobody wants to hear 2 years of growth.

They'll call you a biter and move on.

Back then when Bird was putting in 11-14 hrs a day on the sax.

I bet cha there were some Lester Young licks flying around in all keys.

It's cool lil homie.

You make yourself sound younger than you are.

j/k'in wit ya. Chill out.

*sigh*

It really is useless talking to ya man, I honestly don't give a fyck if you did think I was talking to you, But there's no need for sublimitals Kahliljin.

See. Look how easy that was Kahliljin.

Now Kahliljin here's what I mean by *sequence is wack*

The sequence is WACK.

comparing music?

That's how you build your ear bud.

You compare to what's *hot* to you.

That is *The Secret*

Take it or leave it.

Look back in history on how legendary jazz musicians and etc COPIED solos from their influences to build their MUSICAL VOCAB.

I got some Dilla beat tapes and dude was getting his Pete Rock on to the fullest.

All the *greats* followed after what style of music reasonated with them, intergrated it within their process and made a new product.

And this took YEARS.

That cycle is enternally messed up with the internet now.

Too much access.

Nobody wants to hear 2 years of growth.

They'll call you a biter and move on.

Back then when Bird was putting in 11-14 hrs a day on the sax.

I bet cha there were some Lester Young licks flying around in all keys.

LOL...From what I remember artist like John Coltraine, Miles, and Duke ellington never rehearesed music and just made it, and people loved it. In fact Coltraine is none as one of the greatest saxaphone players, hell one of the greatest jazz players of all time. His key to success was be different from everyone else and make music that HE LIKED.

You know how Miles would be blowin on the trumpet playin a c minor and Coltraine would be playing a F flat but it still sounded good because his creative spirit in music was free he didn't concern his self with chords, and notes, he just did him.

IMO thats how people should make music, stop listning to so much advice on how to improve your skills, I mean of course learn the basics but develop at your own rate and be limitless in your creativity. Thats why I defend fruityloops when people try and discredit it because(and this has been said plenty of times before) but the simple statemenrt seems to go over evryones head.IT DOESN"T MATTER WHAT YOU USE. ITS HOW YOU USE IT!!!

Last edited:
kahliljn:
IT DOESN"T MATTER WHAT YOU USE. ITS HOW YOU USE IT!!!

PlanetHitzProduction
Who cares what you use

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup
When you stop letting your equipment use you, and start using it

kahliljn said:
Thats why I defend fruityloops when people try and discredit it because(and this has been said plenty of times before) but the simple statemenrt seems to go over evryones head.IT DOESN"T MATTER WHAT YOU USE. ITS HOW YOU USE IT!!!
I remember saying all that in....post #138?

lol.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
I remember saying all that in....post #138?

lol.

So what about the stuff you posted about fruityloops I guess thats irrelevant huh...get the fuyck outta here...unless you weren't serious about that???

this is so hard why don't fl studio uses think people hate on them .they should all go together and dig the biggest **** hole in the world then fall in it till they make better music.
its up to the fl users to make better music and **** i stop getting yall **** hack so much call the makers and have them start making users get a ilok if yall have to

Last edited:
bxdiplomat said:
kahliljn:
IT DOESN"T MATTER WHAT YOU USE. ITS HOW YOU USE IT!!!

PlanetHitzProduction
Who cares what you use

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup
When you stop letting your equipment use you, and start using it

Damn I guess the other points I made didn't matter huh??? Or maybe these guys are your buddies so you feel obliged to agree with them no matter what. IT doesn't matter just read my whole post, before you try and be funny BOYYY!!!

kahliljn said:
LOL...From what I remember artist like John Coltraine, Miles, and Duke ellington never rehearesed music and just made it, and people loved it. In fact Coltraine is none as one of the greatest saxaphone players, hell one of the greatest jazz players of all time. His key to success was be different from everyone else and make music that HE LIKED.

You know how Miles would be blowin on the trumpet playin a c minor and Coltraine would be playing a F flat but it still sounded good because his creative spirit in music was free he didn't concern his self with chords, and notes, he just did him.

IMO thats how people should make music, stop listning to so much advice on how to improve your skills, I mean of course learn the basics but develop at your own rate and be limitless in your creativity. Thats why I defend fruityloops when people try and discredit it because(and this has been said plenty of times before) but the simple statemenrt seems to go over evryones head.IT DOESN"T MATTER WHAT YOU USE. ITS HOW YOU USE IT!!!
This is wrong too homie.

True stories on when dudes used to come to his house he used to point out the bathroom and kitchen and resume practicing his sax.

Fell asleep with the sax in his mouth.

These dudes were very SMART people. These weren't no idiots that said "hey look, a saxophone, lets play"

Ever read George Russell The Lydian Chromatic Concept Of Tonal Organization?

That book has principals that were absorbed by Miles Davis and Coltrane upon the Modal Jazz explorations.

These dudes weren't *play what you feel* idiots. Their THEORY and technical knowledge PLUS the mastery of the basics was SOO advanced.

You the listener are just tricked in believing that they just "got up and blew" so to speak. This happens cause you become effortless when you master the basics AND your influences. Dilla had it, Trane had it, Miles had it, Bird had it, Hendrix had it, Ron Carter had it. You become like these guys when you INTERGRATE the knowledge you aquire into pure music. Translation of emotion to your audience.

Hmm Fb against a Cm7 chord? could work as a passing tone.

Dude. These cats LIVED music. Went to each other's crib to TALK music, WRITE music, play music.

Dont get the wrong perception of a "free spirit"

What constitutes that level of hightened awareness in their music is...

1 MASTERING the basics.

= in beats/production to reading your manual, KNOWING all functions of ALL your programs so at a moment's notice you want to do *whatever* you can instantly pull it off.

Coltrane didn't LEARN Multiphonics on the bandstand. He practiced it safely at home then brought it on the bandstand wit Monk in those legendary 20-30 min solos at the Five Spot trying to work out the Sheets of Sound.

Here's a nice article.

http://www.stonesthrow.com/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=4357

kahliljn said:
So what about the stuff you posted about fruityloops I guess thats irrelevant huh...get the fuyck outta here...unless you weren't serious about that???
This was all said in the same post, let's see if you can finally comprehend it.
Yes. This is why you're not getting my point. Until you rise above "distinctive setup you use sound" you'll sound like the setup you use. I've said this a million times. I can tell you distinctive things from anyones beat using anything if they don't disquise it with their own touch. If they do, they're not making "FL Beats" even if they use FL.

Distinctive sounds that go with your choice unless you know what you're doing:

Hardware - Lots of White noise and everything sounds muffled, stereo dynamics arent very noticable

Software - Everything sounds sterile.

MPC - Everything sounds low fi, Drums are overpowering and you have a constant loop and that same sub bass.

Triton - Repeditive Drum Pattern. Low end is real hollow, basslines overpower kicks, lots of melody changeups

Reason - Everthing sounds oversaturated and your drums are clippy usually a poor imitation at "analog" synth sound can be found in it.

FL - Shot mix, recognizable FL stock sounds(even if they're not FL stock sounds they sound like them)Everything sounds pattern based, no "live feel to it. Melody always consists of 3-4 note hollow sounding synths or an off timed sample.

When you stop letting your equipment use you, and start using it, then you get your own sound. It don't matter what I make a deRaNged beat on, it's a deRaNged beat. It includes my drums, my style of chopping samples, my dark underlying tones, my dirty sub basses and rattling toms.

WTF!!!!! Can you not read?

bxdiplomat said:
this is so hard whydon't fl studio uses think people hate on them .they shouldall go together dig the biggest **** hole in the world fall in it tell they make better music.
its up to the fl users to make better music and **** it stop getting yall **** hack so much call the makers and have them start making users get a ilok if yall have to

WOW!!!! are you serious??? I dont know what you just said. Have you ever heard of BASIC EDUCATION????? I think you need to go get one pimpin...Now fuyck fruityloops. This is serious how old are YOU??? Go get educated homie I hate to see young(I hope your young) ignorent brothers trying to make a point when they haven't even takled the basics.

This was all said in the same post, let's see if you can finally comprehend it.

WTF!!!!! Can you not read?

deranged said:
FL - Shot mix, recognizable FL stock sounds(even if they're not FL stock sounds they sound like them)Everything sounds pattern based, no "live feel to it. Melody always consists of 3-4 note hollow sounding synths or an off timed sample.

This is the only think I made reference to in my post. Your the one who said read my whole post when I didn't even disagree with your whole post just this section of it....LOL...Calm down homie just a misunderstanding.

Last edited:
kahliljn said:
This is the only think I made reference to in my post. Your the one who said read my whole post when I didn't even disagree with your whole post just this section of it....LOL...Calm down homie just a misunderstanding.
But you still can't admit you were wrong, you still post in threads and start b.s. debates when everyones on the same page.

This is disfunctional and causes unnessesary unorganization which leads to closed threads and B.S. e-beefs where you hop thread to thread with opposing views based on the last discussion.

I never said "FL gives you a shot mix, recognizable FL stock sounds(even if they're not FL stock sounds they sound like them)Everything sounds pattern based, no "live feel to it. Melody always consists of 3-4 note hollow sounding synths or an off timed sample."

I said "If you don't know what you're doing FL gives you a shot mix, recognizable FL stock sounds(even if they're not FL stock sounds they sound like them)Everything sounds pattern based, no "live feel to it. Melody always consists of 3-4 note hollow sounding synths or an off timed sample."

That's like me saying "I f**ked Beyonce, in my dreams!!!" you'd read "I f**ked Beyonce" and come in here arguing that I'm a liar. lol.

Take the time to read and interperate before you post, no ones said anything that should've got your panties in a bunch.

Last edited:
This is wrong too homie.

True stories on when dudes used to come to his house he used to point out the bathroom and kitchen and resume practicing his sax.

Fell asleep with the sax in his mouth.

These dudes were very SMART people. These weren't no idiots that said "hey look, a saxophone, lets play"

Ever read George Russell The Lydian Chromatic Concept Of Tonal Organization?

That book has principals that were absorbed by Miles Davis and Coltrane upon the Modal Jazz explorations.

These dudes weren't *play what you feel* idiots. Their THEORY and technical knowledge PLUS the mastery of the basics was SOO advanced.

You the listener are just tricked in believing that they just "got up and blew" so to speak. This happens cause you become effortless when you master the basics AND your influences. Dilla had it, Trane had it, Miles had it, Bird had it, Hendrix had it, Ron Carter had it. You become like these guys when you INTERGRATE the knowledge you aquire into pure music. Translation of emotion to your audience.

Hmm Fb against a Cm7 chord? could work as a passing tone.

Dude. These cats LIVED music. Went to each other's crib to TALK music, WRITE music, play music.

Dont get the wrong perception of a "free spirit"

What constitutes that level of hightened awareness in their music is...

1 MASTERING the basics.

= in beats/production to reading your manual, KNOWING all functions of ALL your programs so at a moment's notice you want to do *whatever* you can instantly pull it off.

Coltrane didn't LEARN Multiphonics on the bandstand. He practiced it safely at home then brought it on the bandstand wit Monk in those legendary 20-30 min solos at the Five Spot trying to work out the Sheets of Sound.

If you knew about the Hip-Hop culture that's how it was.

Here's a nice article.

http://www.stonesthrow.com/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=4357

WOW!!! I believe your wrong my 19 year old friend. These guys didn't WRITE music there were no sheets. The bass player would start a melody then everybody else would follow suit. When these guys recorded music it was all freestyle. Why do you think you can get a Miles or Coltraine CD and the same song would have 20 different takes??? Thats basically 20 different songs. Yeah I do agree these guys were musicall geniuses, and yes it took them years of hard work to get to legendary status, but there music was never written or rehearsed always a raw composition from the heart.

Have you ever heard Coltraines Equinox, or his remakes to my favorite things? Then you would understand why he took playing on an off note to another level. Go check those tracks out and then come holla at me.

Last edited:
kahliljn said:
WOW!!!! are you serious??? I dont know what you just said. Have you ever heard of BASIC EDUCATION????? I think you need to go get one pimpin...Now fuyck fruityloops. This is serious how old are YOU??? Go get educated homie I hate to see young(I hope your young) ignorent brothers trying to make a point when they haven't even takled the basics.
Ok kahliljn people who are users of a program call fl studio have a complex were they feel people "hate on them". When it this is not true.

I feel if they always feel this way maybe they (the users) should come together and maybe,
A. kill them self
B. makes better music as a whole.

Also one of the reasons fl studio has a bad name, is because the program is very easily hacked. I said I think it would be a good idea for the users
Of the program come together and ask the programmer to fix this problem even if the users have to get a PACE iLok.

Last edited:
This is disfunctional and causes unnessesary unorganization which leads to closed threads and B.S. e-beefs where you hop thread to thread with opposing views based on the last discussion.

When did I bring up anything from anyother thread into this one?? Your just taking me disagreeing with you as some kind of grudge when its not even like that.

OK Ill admit I was wrong about your last post...BUT I SWEAR I READ THAT JOINT FROM TOP TO BOTTOM....I dont see how I could've have missed that, but yeah ill admit I was wrong....Im only human I make mistakes..lol

bxdiplomat said:
Ok kahliljn people who are users of a program CALL(CALLED) fl studio have a complex were they feel people "hate on them". When it this is not true.

I feel if they always feel this way maybe they (the users) should come together and maybe,
A. KILL THEM SELF(SELVES)
B.MAKES(MAKE) better music as a whole.

Also one of the reasons fl studio has a bad name, is because the program is very easily hacked. I said I think it would be a good idea for the users
Of the program(FORGOT TO) come together and ask the programmer to fix this problem even if the users have to get a PACE iLok.(COULDN"T QUITE COMPREHEND THAT LAST SENTENCE)

A lil bit better but still a few grammer issues...lol
icon10.gif
Ill highlight them for you.

Last edited:
kahliljn said:
WOW!!! I believe your wrong my 19 year old friend. These guys didn't WRITE music there were no sheets. The bass player would start a melody then everybody else would follow suit. When these guys rehearsed it was all freestyle. Why do you think you can get a Miles or Coltraine CD and the same song would have 20 different takes??? Thats basically 20 different songs. Yeah I do agree these guys were musicall geniuses, and yes it took them years of hard work to get to legendary status, but there music was never written or rehearsed always a raw composition from the heart.

Have you ever heard Coltraines Equinox, or his remakes to my favorite things? Then you would understand why he took playing on an off note to another level. Go check those tracks out and then come holla at me.
Dude. You are showing all the signs of an idiot.

Bird used to WRITE music on the back of reciepts. Yardbird Suite and/or Dewey Square were 2 of those tunes.

Miles and em used to document chord changes on the back of matchbook covers, same with Dizzy Gillespie back then at Minton's Playhouse.

I STUDIED Jazz music AND history. Especially the Bebop Era. Trust me KID *you really posting like one* (i dont care if you 30) you posting like a kid. Really don't want it with me in this genre. I'm trying to tell you nicely.

Want me to pull out the MILES : Autobiography where he talked about how lil kids used to bring Wayne Shorter's arrangements of songs (arrangements mean that the music was WRITTEN at somepoint but was ARRANGED to be played by a band). To Miles' room!

And Miles was surprised that he didn't have to change any notes on the arrangements like he did with other songs.

Some of these arrangements that were preformed are featured on the E.S.P, Nefertiti, Sorceror, and Miles Smiles albums... (the latter was done in one take, no stops).

If you REALLY want to get serious you can check Waterbabies for more of those songs Wanye WROTE.

You haven't a clue of what the hell you talking about. By all means please BE A MAN THAT'S OLDER THAN ME and admit you're WRONG.

Hmm...they didn't read music?

*brb*

1:20 Miles turns the page of music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFaK4q0pxcQ

That's just ONE of the times.

Don't make me reach in and pull out the Monk where they were arguing over a chord change.

I know what I'm talking about.

Songs had 20 different takes cause 1. either the session leader's solo wasn't the best take "Miles often complained of this with Bird" He'd have his best solo but it'll get overlooked cause the MASTER take was based on the bandleader's performance.

2 there were errors, either engineer or musical.

MISINTERPRETATIONS of the ARRANGEMENT.

3. sometimes they just want another take.

LOL I just read your lil ""bass player would start" nonsense.

Dizzy Gillespie took Milt Hinton up on the roof to show him chord substitutions to the new tunes they was learning!

LOL...Havent even cracked open the books yet man. Please give it up.

A bassplayer needed to have the most developed ear to hear what the other musicians were implying harmonically in a song/reharmonized arrangement.

If i was play C-E-G (outline, not chord) in the bass and you was soloing over an implied D Dorian scale...

I don't care how much you FELT it....it'll still suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back