Why can I always tell a FL beat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T-Vo Beats

Why can I always tell an FL beat when I hear one? Everytime I listen to a beat that someone has made and it sounds low quality like they made it on a toy keyboard from Wal-Mart, I ask them what they used and they say Fruity Loops. Why is this?

I'm not talking down on Fruity Loops because I've never used the program myself but this is probably the reason why I've never used it. The instruments just sound cheap to me.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

Here we go. Get ready for a 10 page argument thats going to last a week then a month later someone will bump it and it will go on for another 10 pages.

Last edited:
Most people who use fruity loops are newbies or people who are too poor/cheap to invest in sounds so they use the stock sounds which, from what I've heard, are indeed pretty poor. I've considered getting fl studio but only to use for drum programming.

noblewordz said:
Here we. Get ready for a 10 page argument thats going to last a week then a month later someone will bum it and it will go on for another 10 pages.
Yeah but atleast he says he never used it and I dont think he shows any animosity towards FL Users. Personally, I never use the instruments that came with FL,they do sound a bit cheap. I use software versions of sound modules or VSTs like Hypersonic, Mini Moog etc...I also chop drums from records and I dont use many "Modern Kits" or "Bangin Beats" or whatever theyre called. I also mix each and every drum and instrument to the fullest extent. Sometimes I would have 20 to 40 mixer channels... It all matters on who you talking to and how they use FL...

cuz for the most part the people who are just starting out are using fl. there beats are gonna reflect there lack of experience, but if you have someone who has a little mor know how it wont be as easy to pick up on how the track was made. i bet you cant tell me wich track i made solely with fl( 1 out of 5) on my myspace.

i beg to differ

i been was winning on the battle board and everything without a triton, mpc, or anything else. and if you can honesty say that you can tell i make beats on fruity loops you are a fresh out of he!! liar

the only reason why some beats will sound low quality from FL is because dude doesn't have much of a grasp on it.

T-Vo Beats said:
I didn't know Fruity Loops was such a touchy subject. Why you guys so sensitive?

The thing is that not all FL users suck. I understand that you didn't mean to say that. FL is not a bad program, It just takes knowledge of the program to use it... effectively. Like I try to do.

How many pages til ten?

lol

T-Vo Beats said:
I didn't know Fruity Loops was such a touchy subject. Why you guys so sensitive?

i rap a little but mainly i make beats, and thats how i put food on the table, so when somebody tries to down grade my craft i gotta speak up.

Man...it is what it is. FL may not be THEE greatest sequencer...but it does it's job! Whether or not the person behind the screen does their job is the real question. YES...the stock sounds are HORRID...so...get over it, and get some new sounds, sound fonts, vst, vsti and get to work. ANY program is only as good as it's user! and that's real talk! I've used every FL program since 3 came out...and they strive to make it a program for newbs and experts...it's all about how you work with what you've got!

and actually if you tweak the stock drums they sound decent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back