Why can I always tell a FL beat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 100% sure that if Timberland said he considered trying FL (what I'm sure he did) and seemed some potential in it on any interview not meant for the big crowd (because it would mean less cash from all the stuff he already is advertising for), a few hours after the interview gets on the net every kid in the globe would download it and say "screw Cubase: Timbo likes FL!"

I would like to write some more, but people getting it won't need it. :D

Last edited:
California said:
there is no argument, FL is for beginners . remember that first time we all checked boxes at random and made that first beat on there without doing anything? but then we got our knowledge up and got real hardware and software . everytime someone goes "i wanna start making beats too" i tell them to get FL

Could you please give the facts behind fruity loops being for begginers. If you have all your monitors, and soundcards and everything setup right Fruityloops can easily be better than any hardware. Ive heard shyt ON THIS SITE from FL users that crushed shyt people used to create on all kinds of hardware. So with that being said if your a begginer, whatever equipment you have to start off with is OK just learn it and perfect your craft.

I think people get worked up because they think comments are anti FL when they're just the truth.

Fact, more noob producers use FL than any other program/hardware for making beats.

Fact, most producers who use FL, even the ones who think they've mastered it have a very distinctive sound to their beats mainly due to using basic interface functions. Same can be said for people who use anything from Triton to MPC to Reason. The way the workflow is setup gives average users the same average sound until they learn to get outside that average sound nomatter what they use. Being that the FL user bracet is oversaturated, you hear way more average recognizable FL beats.

Fact, when you get to the point you're creating your own distinctive sound and start getting decent mixes, the equipment you use becomes irrelivant, but average FL user whether they realize it or not have not reached this point. So yeah, you can tell an "FL Beat" when you hear one. When you hear an individual's distinctive sound and production style that's not limited to the equipment used, it doesn't matter what it came off of whether it's FL or a Korg Oasys and if you put a distinctive producer in front of anything, it won't change their sound.

Last edited:
would moving to Cubase change from the distinctive "FL Beat" to sort of a distinctive "Cubase Beat" Sound?

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
I think people get worked up because they think comments are anti FL when they're just the truth.

Fact, more noob producers use FL than any other program/hardware for making beats.

Fact, most producers who use FL, even the ones who think they've mastered it have a very distinctive sound to their beats mainly due to using basic interface functions. Same can be said for people who use anything from Triton to MPC to Reason. The way the workflow is setup gives average users the same average sound until they learn to get outside that average sound nomatter what they use. Being that the FL user bracet is oversaturated, you hear way more average recognizable FL beats.

Fact, when you get to the point you're creating your own distinctive sound and start getting decent mixes, the equipment you use becomes irrelivant, but average FL user whether they realize it or not have not reached this point. So yeah, you can tell an "FL Beat" when you hear one. When you hear a distinctive sound and production style, it doesn't matter what it came off of whether it's FL or a Korg Oasys and if you put a distinctive producer in front of anything, it won't change their sound.

I use FL and you couldn't tell, hell I could people on this site who use it and you still couldn't tell.

Fact alot of people who use fruityloops who are actually good at producing, and purchase different sounds that they use within the program, cannot be easily recognized as making their beat within fruityloops.

I'm actually freak*** done defending pure logic against random peoples opinion. Gonna go sleep. Gotta lot of stuff to do tommorow. See ya there.

Last edited:
Sqito said:
would moving to Cubase change from the distinctive "FL Beat" to sort of a distinctive "Cubase Beat" Sound?
Yes. This is why you're not getting my point. Until you rise above "distinctive setup you use sound" you'll sound like the setup you use. I've said this a million times. I can tell you distinctive things from anyones beat using anything if they don't disquise it with their own touch. If they do, they're not making "FL Beats" even if they use FL.

Distinctive sounds that go with your choice unless you know what you're doing:

Hardware - Lots of White noise and everything sounds muffled, stereo dynamics arent very noticable

Software - Everything sounds sterile.

MPC - Everything sounds low fi, Drums are overpowering and you have a constant loop and that same sub bass.

Triton - Repeditive Drum Pattern. Low end is real hollow, basslines overpower kicks, lots of melody changeups

Reason - Everthing sounds oversaturated and your drums are clippy usually a poor imitation at "analog" synth sound can be found in it.

FL - Shot mix, recognizable FL stock sounds(even if they're not FL stock sounds they sound like them)Everything sounds pattern based, no "live feel to it. Melody always consists of 3-4 note hollow sounding synths or an off timed sample.

When you stop letting your equipment use you, and start using it, then you get your own sound. It don't matter what I make a deRaNged beat on, it's a deRaNged beat. It includes my drums, my style of chopping samples, my dark underlying tones, my dirty sub basses and rattling toms.

FL - Shot mix, recognizable FL stock sounds(even if they're not FL stock sounds they sound like them)Everything sounds pattern based, no "live feel to it. Melody always consists of 3-4 note hollow sounding synths or an off timed sample.

Think about what you just said...If I use samples straight off a triton or phantom and use them on fruityloops how the hell are they going to sound like FL stock sounds????? And its a fact that as far as timing on samples fruityloops is one of the best, and I know people who record live drums and percs in Fruityloops. Oh yeah FL has audio clips so you can loop as song however you want your not limited to pattern based loops....You got no facts behind your claims pimp.

Thats true I can't get that live feel to save my life, even if I play the **** live lol. My drums tend to be way to rigid.

kahliljn said:
Think about what you just said...If I use samples straight off a triton or phantom and use them on fruityloops how the hell are they going to sound like FL stock sounds????? And its a fact that as far as timing on samples fruityloops is one of the best, and I know people who record live drums and percs in Fruityloops. Oh yeah FL has audio clips so you can loop as song however you want your not limited to pattern based loops....You got no facts behind your claims pimp.
Dude I don't know why you jump thread to thread trying to disagree with me, but you really need to read posts and let them sink in before responding.

Your comprehension skills are either shot, or you just enter threads knowing you're gonna disagree with what I say from jump, which is it?

Last edited:
Dude I don't know why you jump thread to thread trying to disagree with me, but you really need to read posts and let them sink in before responding.

Your comprehension skills are either shot, or you just enter threads knowing you're gonna disagree with what I say from jump, which is it?

No if you say some dumb shyt then ill let you know about it look at what you said about fruityloops and look how I corrected your ass if Im lying im dying. Oh yeah I hope if your recordeing live you use top of the lin sound cards and audio drivers. This is the main reason people dont get a live feel or good mix out FL because they dont have enough support from their pc. Bur this can be easily fixed and FL can be just as deadly if not better of a tool than reason or MPC. If your shyt is right and you do your mix from FL in Cool edit its even better..IMO

kahliljn said:
No if you say some dumb shyt then ill let you know about it look at what you said about fruityloops and look how I corrected your ass if Im lying im dying. Oh yeah I hope if your recordeing live you use top of the lin sound cards and audio drivers. This is the main reason people dont get a live feel or good mix out FL because they dont have enough support from their pc. Bur this can be easily fixed and FL can be just as deadly if not better of a tool than reason or MPC. If your shyt is right and you do your mix from FL in Cool edit its even better..IMO

No one is saying anything is better than FL, its just each program has a different workflow and if you let it, its going to have an effect on your sound.

noblewordz said:
No one is saying anything is better than FL, its just each program has a different workflow and if you let it, its going to have an effect on your sound.

Deranged 4 Phucked said:

If you believe this to be true about FL then your obviously ignorant and dont know shyt about the program..

Why becasue you can use sounds off different hardware and upload them to fruityloops, therefore they woont sound shyt like stock sounds, second FL timing on samples is one of the best in the software bussiness No matter what sample I use I can make it fit any tempo. Third you can use audio clips and create any kind of loop you want not just pattern based. Four if you upgrade your sond card and audio drivers to High Def then live recordings in FL will sound superb. So pretty much everything he said is false, but yet you still defend him..lol

WHY Not quote my whole post and read it while you're at it clown, you just can't admit when you wrong and you keep following me around starting sh*t, get off my nuts, we ain't in the R.Kelly/Vick thread no more, let it go.

WHY Not quote my whole post and read it while you're at it clown, you just can't admit when you wrong and you keep following me around starting sh*t, get off my nuts, we ain't in the R.Kelly/Vick thread no more, let it go.

kahliljn said:
If you believe this to be true about FL then your obviously ignorant and dont know shyt about the program..

Ok I now see that having a discussion with you is pointless.

Fact, when you get to the point you're creating your own distinctive sound and start getting decent mixes, the equipment you use becomes irrelivant, but average FL user whether they realize it or not have not reached this point. So yeah, you can tell an "FL Beat" when you hear one. When you hear an individual's distinctive sound and production style that's not limited to the equipment used, it doesn't matter what it came off of whether it's FL or a Korg Oasys and if you put a distinctive producer in front of anything, it won't change their sound.
Yes. This is why you're not getting my point. Until you rise above "distinctive setup you use sound" you'll sound like the setup you use. I've said this a million times. I can tell you distinctive things from anyones beat using anything if they don't disquise it with their own touch. If they do, they're not making "FL Beats" even if they use FL.

Distinctive sounds that go with your choice unless you know what you're doing:

Hardware - Lots of White noise and everything sounds muffled, stereo dynamics arent very noticable

Software - Everything sounds sterile.

MPC - Everything sounds low fi, Drums are overpowering and you have a constant loop and that same sub bass.

Triton - Repeditive Drum Pattern. Low end is real hollow, basslines overpower kicks, lots of melody changeups

Reason - Everthing sounds oversaturated and your drums are clippy usually a poor imitation at "analog" synth sound can be found in it.

When you stop letting your equipment use you, and start using it, then you get your own sound. It don't matter what I make a deRaNged beat on, it's a deRaNged beat. It includes my drums, my style of chopping samples, my dark underlying tones, my dirty sub basses and rattling toms.
Read the bold, would be nice if you could admit you're wrong, but I'm sure you won't, so at least stop with the e-grudges, they're real 3rd grade.

While your at it, check my gear list.

Last edited:
FL is wack.

It's for people with a torrent program, Swizz Beetz Kitz, and Dell computers

:D

*BUT SERIOUSLY* (now that i got your attention)

Part of the reason why FL gets such a bad rap along with new Hip-Hop producers in general is.......

TOO MUCH ACCESS.

Soon as *next just blaze #23,300* gets his copy of FL, some freeware, and ModernBeetz

The first place he goes is FP.

To post his latest creation *3 months later*

Then a year after that he's *recording an album* (dies lauging)

They have *SINGLES* out.

Their ear for music is NOT built, their sounds ARE generic and sloppy, and again they have NO EAR to even realize that their beats DO NOT COMPARE to anything that is out.

Not even to the latest dance craze music.

Cause their EAR isnt developed.

A cat with a developed ear can take stock reason and stock FL and give you a *workable* product.

But some dude who posts on FP just CAUSE HE CAN with 8 months of *PRODUCING* in the tank, stuntin like one actually KNOWS SOMETHING about production.

It's kinda bad.....

especially when 10k people are doing it.

PlanetHitzProduction said:
FL is wack.

It's for people with a torrent program, Swizz Beetz Kitz, and Dell computers

:D

*BUT SERIOUSLY* (now that i got your attention)

Part of the reason why FL gets such a bad rap along with new Hip-Hop producers in general is.......

TOO MUCH ACCESS.

Soon as *next just blaze #23,300* gets his copy of FL, some freeware, and ModernBeetz

The first place he goes is FP.

To post his latest creation *3 months later*

Then a year after that he's *recording an album* (dies lauging)

They have *SINGLES* out.

Their ear for music is NOT built, their sounds ARE generic and sloppy, and again they have NO EAR to even realize that their beats DO NOT COMPARE to anything that is out.

Not even to the latest dance craze music.

Cause their EAR isnt developed.

A cat with a developed ear can take stock reason and stock FL and give you a *workable* product.

But some dude who posts on FP just CAUSE HE CAN with 8 months of *PRODUCING* in the tank, stuntin like one actually KNOWS SOMETHING about production.

It's kinda bad.....

especially when 10k people are doing it.

Same can be said about you regardless of what you use. How old are you 19, and though you may no alot your still very IGNORENT to production just like evry other tyoung person whos producing. I dont care if you have a multimillion dollar studio your ear isn't going to be the same as a person who has more experience you'll just have all that equipment for nuthin. My point had nuthin to do with who has the most experience or anything like that so anything you said in context to that is irrelevant to what Im saying.

Everybody in hear is baggin on FL I dont care really that they are but they dont present any proof to back up their claims except owe I use such and such through my such and such...and fruity loops cant compete..lol..you dont design or create programs SO HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?????? And like Ive said before Ive heard shyt on FP where people have used fruityloops and it souns better than guys who havwe all this expensive equipment. And yes I think I have a pretty good ear for music Ive only been listening to since I was born so that whole arguement you presented hits is some BS real talk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back