Tutorial: Sequencing Software Instruments From Hardware

to answer question #2 its all the same no matter what u use

setup

THX for the vid but can you make a vid showin us how to setup a sound module. let's say i have a laptop a sound module like mo phatt or anything, and a midi controller and a few midi cables, what else do i need and how can i hook up the things and sequence on a sofware like cubase or sonar? once again thx

GOOD VID.

"HEY WHERE ARE YOU?" hahaha i thought that was pretty funny. Oh yeah we have the same mouse, just thought id share that with you.

Don't know how u find the time to do all of this mano but I'm sure I can speak for the rest of us when I say it's much appreciated.. ..keep up the good work.

(mano here on smartie's computer)

You all rock thank you for the kind comments. I am glad to see that it helps so many people.

shizzle said:
THX for the vid but can you make a vid showin us how to setup a sound module. let's say i have a laptop a sound module like mo phatt or anything, and a midi controller and a few midi cables, what else do i need and how can i hook up the things and sequence on a sofware like cubase or sonar? once again thx

I am definitely planning to explain this too - basically it is the other way around (Sequencing hardware from software).

Can someone please cliffnote this? I can't see the video, i've installed flash 8 but my work blocks the video somehow.

I am imaginging that the midi out from MPC goes to midi in on the computer... and that the midi out from keyboard goes to midi in on the MPC? It sounds like this way though, you're not gonna be able to run the VST audio through the MPC's filters though right? (something I prefer to do with digital sound/VSTs)..do I got the basic idea down?

applying mpc filters to the vst sounds is possible but it is something different than what this video is about... plus there are tons of VST filters available anyway to do it right there.

watch this from home to see it - you need Flash 8 sorry that's how it works.

no keyboard is involved with this particular video, but the same concept applies to that too.

i have an old synth yamaha dx200 and an oxygen 8 is there any way to hook thoose up to the mp2 2000xl

it just seems akward to use the MPC pads to play an instrument...I just got my MPC 2500, which I love, but I can't imagine playing keys on it with the pads...the notes that are set up on each bank just seem to be random (I know they are GM soundsets)...but trying to play a chord or anything on it is annoying...

i have a oxygen 61 keys midi keyboard. a mpc 2000xl and digi mbox2...how do i do what u did...but use my midi keyboard for the keys portion of my beats..like play the drums on the pads...but sequence the keys usin da midi controller....

... just do what i show but then plug your midi keyboard to your mpc

midi keyboard midi out > mpc midi in

voila...

(dynamix: sure just plug a keyboard to the mpc and play from there... the point here was to show how to SEQUENCE a software instrument from a hardware sequencer.. not to say that you have to play the pads only)

Tracking Video

Ok Mano its time for the "Tracking Video" that you promised us, we are patiently waiting and please post it as soon as quickly !! thanks !!
:cry:

BlazinBeats said:
Ok Mano its time for the "Tracking Video" that you promised us, we are patiently waiting and please post it as soon as quickly !! thanks !!
:cry:

next year, I promise!

:D

Kidding! I'll do my best to make it soon.

haha next year, Yea! and btw congrats on ur victory against Portugal, Allez les bleus!!! Vive la France :cheers:

mano 1 said:
next year, I promise!

:D

Kidding! I'll do my best to make it soon.

damn y'all lost but it's all good, didn;t even watch the game

mano 1 said:
Match is tomorrow! :cheers:

I wrote "ALLEZ LA FRANCE" on my car windows :D

Back