Sound The Horns (FREE TRACK) - Come one, come all! F4F

• Thread starter Str8 A's Productions
  • Start date
Straight A,
I'm feeling this track. I like the whole vibe with the horns. The bass sits really nice against the drums. Very Nice. :victory:

Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate the time you've taken to check me out!

- A

I'll return the feed promptly.

This is incredible sounds right here, my type of style. The whole beat sounds clean and mixed well, Ima be checkin out your other beats keep at it!!

Really dope track man , i can hear right away that you got some instrument skills.
Very nice what can i say more keep up the good work.

peace

Hey,

I already commented on this track. But justincase you missed it:

- Main thing that struck out to me -- the instruments you chose sound erally thin/cheap
- Your compositiion and melodies are dope though
- I think you could've chose better drum sounds as well

My only grip is the sound selection you chose -- in terms of choosing the right patches -- because the patches you chose sound, again, thin/cheap-ish. But you are talented in composition for real -- if someone gave you a band I would bet money you could make a great piece!

Nice, i like the melody you have going with the violin.. Bass sits in the mix good as well.. Keep this up man good work.

ahh this is dope man, soo grooovy. I gotta say tho, a little reverb here and there would bring out some elements nicely. Also the snare could snap a little more and your hihat pattern could use some more variations, but thats getting pretty specific. Dope track nonetheless

Thanks a lot man, yeah I wanna add some more reverb, maybe to the whole thing. Give it more of a complete sound and I'll take into account your suggestions on hi hat variation and snappier snare.

- A

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys.

I will take all of your suggestions and comments into account for future beats!

- A

Last edited by a moderator:
Really nice beat like said above the instrumentation is on point but the drums could be a little more interesting compared to the rest of the track, Really groovy feel to it, Great work overall keep it up

- Returned

Last edited:
Yeah man, I played all those instruments. I use a Yamaha Motif XS8 for producing, so that's what you are hearing.

- A

Real nice beat, very relaxed feel to it. I like the horns and violin (at least I think that's what it is), as well as the bass. Very well mixed also.

As others stated - I think your very talented and your arrangement is cool - i think the vsts sound too synthy (the horn and violin) and fake, if you copped some dope VSTs your shit would be awesome - also some better drum samples or more added fx to drums?

Yeah I hear you man! I'm thinking of getting Kontakt 5 for starters, and see how it goes. I'm adding reverb to my stuff all around as well.

Thanks,

- A

Very nice production here, the horns are really dope and your instrumentation is on point for sure. Your bassline is very hypnotizing and your chorus is on point as well very dope production keep it up and also thanks for checking out my music !

Returning the feed here!

Do you happen to make your tracks using live instruments? Your beats sound so crisp and authentic, as well as alive. Sound the Horns is truly an ethereal track. The instruments sound, as I previously stated, alive! Has that very nice and grand sound. The mix is very good and the overall track was stellar. Great job my man! Keep it up.

Sure man, I'll try using effects, and as you said, any way to destroy the original sounds. I'm gonna rework this beat and probably post again with a rectified version, taking into account everyone's suggestions. I'm glad you enjoyed though, check me out on Twitter, Str8AProds

- A

sound design for percussion is uninspired, sound like stock sounds, utilise layering and fx channel to solve this - this is the major issue with the track.

Back