Sound The Horns (FREE TRACK) - Come one, come all! F4F

• Thread starter Str8 A's Productions
  • Start date
Thanks a lot man. Love your beat. Very original and unique style. I love the drum work and that bass line is dope. Keep it coming!

- A

A lot of solid melodies with this beat. I think the arrangement needs to be straightened out with the intro, though, because it sounds like a few things are colliding with another. However, the main beat is tight and jazzy. The guitar, brass, and string arrangements are on point and mixed very well. I just think the intro is what needs to be edited to take this beat to the next level. Thanks for the feed on mine btw

Really nice, but i think you should make violins a little bit "bigger", try to use some reverb or other effects
Good luck

Thanks a lot guys! I was actually working on a new version of Sound The Horns and I'll be posting that either today or tomorrow. So you can check that out and tell me if every discrepancy has been fixed. I added quite a few effects and tried to get a fuller sound.

- A

I can really feel your classical music skills! I like the bass here , drums are groovy . The voilin sounds a lil bit artificial to me . But that's definetely what I'd bump to in some late afternoon ;) Keep it up! And good luck with your productions.

I listened to this a few weeks ago.

MUCH BETTER. Strings don't sound as cheap as they used to. Nice work!

This is a solid track, I like everything you have going on, all the instruments are clear mixed very well. Do you by chance have a soundcloud?

You definitely know how to play your instruments man. you got some of that early 2000s hip hop rnb vibe, and some classy jazz. Its all on point, but the only problem i see is that some instruments, like the violin, sound artificial. Maybe invest a little on some better vst's otherwise keep it up man!

Last edited:
Thanks a lot fellas! I just returned the feed. We should try and get a thread going where people can post there beats and have rappers check them out. Somehow make it more of a showcase - producer to rapper rather than producer to producer.

What you guys think?

- A

Thanks a lot fellas! I just returned the feed. We should try and get a thread going where people can post there beats and have rappers check them out. Somehow make it more of a showcase - producer to rapper rather than producer to producer.

What you guys think?

- A

That would be dope!!

Hey,

I agree with some of the points already here regarding the 'feel' of the instruments. Hard as it is, if you were able to sample those from somewhere, it would give it a real nice grit and warmth, which would really take it further. Also agree on the kick, just needs some more 'oomph'. The levels sound fine to me, so no issues there.

Keep at it!

Dig that electric guitar riff - is that you playing live? Def a smooth track and I like the bounce you created with the horns and the drums with the varying hi hats. Overall, solid track that I could hear both a rapper and singing on and this def has a live feel to it!

Btw - that Heatwave joint doe...that's my joint!

Last edited:
Interesting arrangement, kinda funky and reminded me straight away of "Move On Up' by Curtis Mayfield, must be the horns!

I know you've put the track out now but IMO any improvements would be to 'wet' up the instruments a bit, so add a bit more reverb to them to create the feeling that the instruments are in different places in terms of distance, because right now they feel like they're all sitting in the same place at the front and are quite dry (for me at least!)

Other then that, keep up the great work bro, respect

Thanks a lot everyone! Feed returned! I really enjoy listening to your tracks, always inspiring and something new that I really like. About that thread I was talking about. I'm gonna post it right now and you guys can all reply to it posting your beats.

- A

The track overall is pretty good, it has a nice old school feel to it. For reason I can hear CL Smooth rapping to this track.

Back