propellerheads are soon gonna announce something new/ The Reason 5 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, people take for granted how much technology has made life easier.

At least propellerhead lets you open the program and work in it without the dongle. Do they let you do that right? Haven't used record since the beta.

Yes, its perfect for making it inconvenient while trying to use your software and perfect for taking up usb ports.

By the way, can you guys tell I don't like dongles?

Yeah I think they still let you work without a dongle but you can't save nothing. I have my dongle and it works great no problem, I didn't like them either but hey what can I do when it comes to protection. I like products where they have their protection already set up on their page and you get the authorization and just rocks without iLok or dongles.

Yeah, a lot of cats don't understand nor appreciate or know about the past. when guys use to have to cut the 2 inch tape to edit with razor blades.
They don't understand also when there would be 3 guys behind a console doing automation and pushing mute and solos in a song, that looked crazy. Now one man can sit behind a console or software and do automation all by themselves. so technology has come a long way.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Well, the obvious that makes sense, is the updated interface to match Reason 5.

rr4dmq.jpg

yep!!!

Someone tell me I am wrong, isn't it dropping tomorrow Monday 24?

Yo on the real I am excited for the Reason customers. I want the update on Record only.

I want the update on Record only.

I have to say I'm kind of surprised to see that you're not interested in reason 5, I thought you were still a big reason user. You wouldn't be interested in new effects or samplers?

i have a strong feeling once your see whats in store for the props your wallet will open up to reason 5 @danoc

I have to say I'm kind of surprised to see that you're not interested in reason 5, I thought you were still a big reason user. You wouldn't be interested in new effects or samplers?

Nah I don't use Reason anymore bro, but I am still excited for all my Reason users. I don't do any music in Reason anymore I go straight to Record, because I use to always want recording in Reason now I got it, now I use it. For me it doesn't make sense to get Reason when I don't use it. I do lyrics and got my hardware set up to Record so that's my baby. Oh and trust me I know first hand they are going to add new affects for Record, that's why there is a new 1.5, they don't wanna leave out the Record people. So I will be happy. Then when they come with Record 2.0, ummmm that's going to be sick! So I am doing only Record updates. See Reason is for those that don't need Record, and Record is for those that need recording it and the extras. I hope for you guys they add the midiout and time stretch into Reason 5.

Last edited:

Oh he will. I'm hundred percent sure about it. HE WILL UPDATE TO REASON 5.:sing: If you'll prove me wrong Danoc, I will cut my finger and toe nails.

i hear you danoc but trust me you'll get reason 5 because i can almost garantee that. once you see the new effects that will be added to reason that you would have to get to use in record your mind will change.

Nah I don't use Reason anymore bro, but I am still excited for all my Reason users. I don't do any music in Reason anymore I go straight to Record, because I use to always want recording in Reason now I got it, now I use it. For me it doesn't make sense to get Reason when I don't use it. I do lyrics and got my hardware set up to Record so that's my baby.

Whatever works for you, its all about workflow. Fair enough but hey I wouldn't just completely write off anything yet, you never know what kind of features it may have.

Since you're a big record user though, any speculation on what 1.5 would bring?

i have a strong feeling once your see whats in store for the props your wallet will open up to reason 5 @danoc

AWhhhhhhhh Mr Gibbs there you go trying to gear slut tempt me "GET BEHIND ME THY GIBB" lol hahahah lmao

Nah but I do wanna see what they put in Reason 5, it's only natural.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Oh he will. I'm hundred percent sure about it. HE WILL UPDATE TO REASON 5.:sing: If you'll prove me wrong Danoc, I will cut my finger and toe nails.

DAmmmmmmmmmm Chelemasty, yall have no faith in me ? lol I don't even use Reason no more so I won't get it. Only way I get it is if Props force us to get it for Record update which is not happening. They are going to put that new stuff in Record also so, why would I get it? I love my SSL mixer to much :)

so you better get to cutting your finger and toe nails! lol :rofl:

Whatever works for you, its all about workflow. Fair enough but hey I wouldn't just completely write off anything yet, you never know what kind of features it may have.

Since you're a big record user though, any speculation on what 1.5 would bring?

WEll SG I am looking for better editing, example in the edit window where the wav and blocks can be zoomed in more deeply like PT, and FIT TO SCREEN sort of zoom. I can go in deeply and chop and edit a sound. The razor is the bomb on that piece. Midi out would be nice.
Nice new skins on their sound modules would nice I aint going to lie I love module eye candy. lol :rofl:

I would like to see the transport a little bigger, it can be hurt on the eyes.

Drag and drop samples into NNXT, and drag and drop Rex samples straight into the Rex player. They new import in 1.0.1 is DOPE AS HEEZY! you can load 50 tracks into it and it will load them in a blink of an eye and make the tracks for you and keep the names of them. That's so hot I am so loving that. Now I can use my MPC the way I dreamed of using it. Make the Redrum look hot something like an MPC but with the same easy functions but if they don't I will still love it in it's original form. Other than that I can't really think of anything else.

Last edited:
Well, if it ain't a new version of Reason, what do you think it would be? Propellerhead usually keeps such tight security on their new releases that I haven't heard anything at all.
it could be a few things. I am hoping for Recycle 3 or Record 2.0 which hopefully has a lot more options for external midi so that I can use my hardware inside of Record itself for sequencing. Thats the only thing stopping me from buying Record. But I am also pretty sure its Reason 5.

Am I the only one who will be highly pissed off if this is just another refill

Yo X I supported your idea on the Props forum. There should be more to support your idea, seems like the midi out is more important.

Just another refill? Nah they wouldn't do an update with a refill, if it's a new refill they would post it up under refills and products or shop. But yeah that would tee people off.

I think new effect boxes will be a certain (Record 1.5 will be out as well. Effects boxes are what they have in common with each other).

1. Convolution Reverb (maybe).
2. Chorus
3. Flanger
4. Putting the line 6 effects from Record into Reason (maybe even updating both of those Record 1.5 it says as well).

New Synth? I think unlikely (they would have been flaunting this) but I do think Thor will have some modifications (probably major) like new filter modules and oscillator types ("graintable?") ("user"), (which would kind of be like a new synth), and some under the hood modifications (more modulation options, step sequencer improvements). Maybe some new LFO's or Malstrom type modulators. But they might also give us the TR-808, 909, and 303 modules from Rebirth.

I hope for new samplers. Graphic waveform editing would be welcome as well as drag and drop functionality (a la Ableton Live). They probably will build in Recycle. This is pretty necessary in 2010 considering about every major DAW has a built-in auto-chop function.

Redrum probably could use the biggest improvement. Maybe a redesign into something more modular like Record's mixer (or FL), where you aren't limited to 10 channels (might be a separate module though).

New controller support.

Improved sequencer (I also think this is a given especially that Record and Reason's sequencers are dependent on each other).

Better snap to grid resolutions
Improved piano roll (much room to improve here probably bring back some Reason 3 piano roll stuff like being able to draw in notes without first creating a clip).
A type of session view or something better (wishful thinking).
Tap Tempo.
Step write mode in the piano roll (or a paintbrush tool)
Mute note tool.
Cut note tool.
Glue tool.
Curve drawing tool (wishful thinking).

Last edited:
I think new effect boxes will be a certain (Record 1.5 will be out as well. Effects boxes are what they have in common with each other).

1. Convolution Reverb (maybe).
2. Chorus
3. Flanger
4. Putting the line 6 effects from Record into Reason (maybe even updating both of those Record 1.5 it says as well).

New Synth? I think unlikely (they would have been flaunting this) but I do think Thor will have some modifications (probably major) like new filter modules and oscillator types ("graintable?") ("user"), (which would kind of be like a new synth), and some under the hood modifications (more modulation options, step sequencer improvements). Maybe some new LFO's or Malstrom type modulators. But they might also give us the TR-808, 909, and 303 modules from Rebirth.

I hope for new samplers. Graphic waveform editing would be welcome as well as drag and drop functionality (a la Ableton Live). They probably will build in Recycle. This is pretty necessary in 2010 considering about every major DAW has a built-in auto-chop function.

Redrum probably could use the biggest improvement. Maybe a redesign into something more modular like Record's mixer (or FL), where you aren't limited to 10 channels (might be a separate module though).

New controller support.

Improved sequencer (I also think this is a given especially that Record and Reason's sequencers are dependent on each other).

Better snap to grid resolutions
Improved piano roll (much room to improve here probably bring back some Reason 3 piano roll stuff like being able to draw in notes without first creating a clip).
A type of session view or something better (wishful thinking).
Tap Tempo.
Step write mode in the piano roll (or a paintbrush tool)
Mute note tool.
Cut note tool.
Glue tool.
Curve drawing tool (wishful thinking).

What up JL how you? You're list is impressive very nice indeed. :smokinFP:

Man I feel ashamed I didn't even think of how much improvements could be made to ReDrum, absolutely agree with you.

I'm gonna go to the corner now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back