propellerheads are soon gonna announce something new/ The Reason 5 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly half of these people that complain about reason and what they think they know about reason aren't even registered users.

As far as the concept goes, its not very complicated, IF they did this it'd be very similar to other slicing plugins. Just take recycle, and function wise scale it down to the dr rex module meaning you can select a sample, and set slice points. Also maybe add true time stretching to it. As someone posted before midi out would definitely be a nice and welcomed feature.

EDIT: Just thought of a good example of how it could be implemented. Izotope's phatmatik. http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/phatmatik/

I agree, new skins would be cool, not super important but definitely good for us who like virtual eye candy.

Yo SG that Izotope Phatmatik joint is hot. We'll have to see what they are going to do with Dr. Rex. I love Dr Rex because it handles loops so well, it's almost like a little tyme strectcher thingy. I use it with Percussion and it falls right in. You can change the pitch, vol etc right in the window of each slice that's so hot but we will have to see. I think it's dropping tomorrow Monday 24th. That would be dope though time stretch in Reason 5 like they did for Record. On the marketing side though I don't know how that would pan out, people gotta remember MARKETING, Trusty said it best. That time stretch for Record is a big arse feature that was one of the things that got me to get Record. I don't think they wanna put to much stuff in Reason 5 that's close related to Record, that would kill their marketing. now if they do midi out, they are going to have to do it for Reason and Record. I don't want Reason 5, my point is to only update Record, that Reason 5 thingy is for Reason users who don't have Record. But we shall see though. One thing they can use is a lil better editing where they can make where the editing wavs and blocks become real big like PT where it to "FIT THE SCREEN" and go in to it more intricately and zoom deep within, both for Reason and Record, that would be cool and better on the eye.

Yeah I love a little eye candy lol

Last edited:
its not a ilok its its only dongle that props came up with.

DAMN!!!!

I'm gonna have to get a usb hub now. I already have an ilok for some of the Pro Tools plug ins, and I have KLCDE which has it's own. That's already two usb slots down the tubes. Reason 5 will be another.

DAMN!!!!

I'm gonna have to get a usb hub now. I already have an ilok for some of the Pro Tools plug ins, and I have KLCDE which has it's own. That's already two usb slots down the tubes. Reason 5 will be another.

i have a 13 port hub so im good.

On the marketing side though I don't know how that would pan out, people gotta remember MARKETING,

Yeah, just like any other business propellerhead will definitely be careful about cannibalizing their other software sales.

DAMN!!!!

And that is why dongles suck, they only make it difficult for the actual paying customers.

LOL. You guys(Gibbs and KB), just talked about me on the countdown thread...LOL Nah, I'm not here to argue though. :) PEACE!!!!!!!! EVERYONE!!!!! You'll forget all about your confusions soon, very soon. :)

Last edited:
And that is why dongles suck, they only make it difficult for the actual paying customers.

I can't argue with you there, but I don't mind spending $30 on a hub and I don't mind paying for my software. I'm Old School. Back in the day, do you have any idea how much cash a real studio with all of Reason's modules would cost????? Software is a bargain and I want all of my favorite companies to stay in business!!!!

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

LOL. You guys(Gibbs and KB), just talked about me on the countdown thread...LOL Nah, I'm not here to argue though. :) PEACE!!!!!!!! EVERYONE!!!!! You'll forget all about your confusions soon, very soon. :)

What's your name on the Props forum????:):):)

i just don't talk about you specifically i talk about alot of non registered users. but back to the dongle situation. the dongle is perfect for what it does.

I can't argue with you there, but I don't mind spending $30 on a hub and I don't mind paying for my software. I'm Old School. Back in the day, do you have any idea how much cash a real studio with all of Reason's modules would cost????? Software is a bargain and I want all of my favorite companies to stay in business!!!!

Nothing wrong with supporting developers, and yes, people take for granted how much technology has made life easier. I just think "but you should of seen how it was back in the day" statement is no excuse for screwing over your users with cumbersome copy protection that never really stops the pirates anyway.

At least propellerhead lets you open the program and work in it without the dongle. Do they let you do that right? Haven't used record since the beta.

the dongle is perfect for what it does.

Yes, its perfect for making it inconvenient while trying to use your software and perfect for taking up usb ports.

By the way, can you guys tell I don't like dongles?

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with supporting developers, and yes, people take for granted how much technology has made life easier. I just think "but you should of seen how it was back in the day" statement is no excuse for screwing over your users with cumbersome copy protection that never really stops the pirates anyway.

At least propellerhead lets you open the program and work in it without the dongle. Do they let you do that right? Haven't used record since the beta.

You're right. Actually, the people who abuse a situation are the ones who make it hard for everyone.

i have a 13 port hub so im good.

Yo Mr Gibbs check this

The official 'MIDI-Out for Record' thread ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Dogboy1973

Today 21:29 603/replies 11,407/views,

Yo that is the largest request and Props listens to it's peeps. That can very well be implemented :) I mean if they do it that would be good marketing because a lot of people will come over, I hope they see what I see they will get mo money mo money mo money lol Put it for both Reason and Record. They just dropped 1.0.1 and that import with multi wav or aiff tracks is better than drag and drop! That ish is faster than a blink of an eye. But to come with 1.5? They are matching something up with Reason 5 with Record so Record people won't be mad and say "HOW COME YALL GAVE REASON USERS THAT AND NOT US?" LOL It just might be midi out, I could be wrong but it makes sense.

I have my dongle for Record already and I use a Mac so I put that in my keyboard, the short cut keyboard for man so I didn't have to use a usb port on my mac :) You think they are going to make a second one or just keep the same joint they have for Record?

Last edited:
But to come with 1.5? They are matching something up with Reason 5 with Record so Record people won't be mad and say "HOW COME YALL GAVE REASON USERS THAT AND NOT US?" LOL It just might be midi out, I could be wrong but it makes sense.

Well, the obvious that makes sense, is the updated interface to match Reason 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back