Please Vote: Pro Tools LE 7.4 / Cubase 4.1 / Logic Studio 8.0.1 / Reason 4 / Other

Please choose your preferred DAW(s) amongst the 3 latest:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hd is no where near flawless or problem free. latency compensation isn't always reliable and just like uad, it's easy to to go beyond the dsp power with just a few choice plug ins.

the reason it has it's position is it was the most complete at the time when studios needed and it acts and for the most part still is a tracker/tape machine, used to print what was recorded and run back out to tape/board/dat/cd and then back again. in europe, nuendo is huge and may be it's equivalent over there. the problem is as studios close and people realized they don't need to have a lot of expensive hardware and can create and finish with 1 or 2 or all itb, certain things become relics of the past.

unlike tape, there's no audio benefit. a powerful computer today is obsolete in 6 months but it can handle some things with ease and with native plugs competing and at times surpassing dsp solutions the advantages are slim.

but i know a bunch of old fogeys who aren't going to learn new things and don't need to, but then again they're not creating music, they're recording/tracking or mixing.

No doubt Pro Tools is not perfect, but performance is how Pro Tools got to be "Pro Tools". Name recognition is what causes people to believe that Pro Tools has magical properties and will make your music magically sound better.

7thangel said:
hd is no where near flawless or problem free. latency compensation isn't always reliable and just like uad, it's easy to to go beyond the dsp power with just a few choice plug ins.

the reason it has it's position is it was the most complete at the time when studios needed and it acts and for the most part still is a tracker/tape machine, used to print what was recorded and run back out to tape/board/dat/cd and then back again. in europe, nuendo is huge and may be it's equivalent over there. the problem is as studios close and people realized they don't need to have a lot of expensive hardware and can create and finish with 1 or 2 or all itb, certain things become relics of the past.

unlike tape, there's no audio benefit. a powerful computer today is obsolete in 6 months but it can handle some things with ease and with native plugs competing and at times surpassing dsp solutions the advantages are slim.

but i know a bunch of old fogeys who aren't going to learn new things and don't need to, but then again they're not creating music, they're recording/tracking or mixing.

i agree completly

imma reason user and as a producer that experienced everything i find a tie between hd(protools) and reason 4.0...but i had to vote for reason for the workflow alone

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a lot of Cubase people. Why not?
<script src="http://shots.snap.com//client/inject.js?site_name=0" type="text/javascript"></script>

Kalandar Music said:
Not a lot of Cubase people. Why not?
<script src="http://shots.snap.com//client/inject.js?site_name=0" type="text/javascript"></script>

cuz its hard to get it cracked

Cubase and Reason.

I use both. For making a beat, Reason is my go to tool, with that said i also make beats and record in Cubase. I do almost all of my mixing in cubase.

For me, this setup is flawless.

All Digital Baby!

I really feel Cubase just dont make the mistake i did in getting the studio version, get Cubase 4, Studio doesn't let you record external instruments/synths:cry:

nicholasgomez69 said:
I really feel Cubase just dont make the mistake i did in getting the studio version, get Cubase 4, Studio doesn't let you record external instruments/synths:cry:

What? Are you sure. I can't imagine they'd limit something like that since even FL and other soft studios allow that. Maybe you mean they didn't include the elegant Studio Manager or VST Connections to manage it all?

nicholasgomez69 said:
What do you mean? I record external instrument/synths just fine. If you got to the battle that I'm involved in you will hear live guitar and synth sounds all over the place. I can even use my keyboard as an interface and record vocals through the synth into Cubase Studio 4. I really would like to know what you are referring to, perhaps I don't understand what you mean.<script src="http://shots.snap.com//client/inject.js?site_name=0" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://shots.snap.com//client/inject.js?site_name=0" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://shots.snap.com//client/inject.js?site_name=0" type="text/javascript"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:
i use all except live... i have like but never used it, reason is the best for production, pro tools is best 4 recording

Sorry for being so vague, What i meant was that it wont let you record external synths i.e. Kurzweil K2000. It says in the manual that only Cubase 4 can record an external synth, and i have Cubase 4 Studio

nicholasgomez69 said:
Sorry for being so vague, What i meant was that it wont let you record external synths i.e. Kurzweil K2000. It says in the manual that only Cubase 4 can record an external synth, and i have Cubase 4 Studio

I wonder what it is that you're reading. I have Cubase 4, but I'd be surprised if it didn't allow syncing with external synths. Of course, it can record anything that makes a sound, but it needs to be able to sync up. Cubase 4 has some features like VST Connections which turn external instruments into VST instruments which is probably not included with Studio 4, but you should still be able to sync up and record/sequence external synths the regular way I believe.

Can Protools LE save files a OMF?..I dont think so not without spending $500.00 more......many many other factors taht are standard in Cubase.

not even pthd can outmatch other daws in terms of 'doing more than any other program'. no excuse in being misinformed, preferences in choice is a separate thing.

$ 7,995.00 -$ 13,995.00 if you got that...you are correct. otherwize for the rest of us reality based music addicts...Cubase is it.

7thangel said:
not even pthd can outmatch other daws in terms of 'doing more than any other program'. no excuse in being misinformed, preferences in choice is a separate thing.

Boyndahood772 said:
Pro Tools Can Do More Than Any Other Program On The Market!!!it Is A Studio Standard!!!
I guess thats why they used Cubase to mix the audio for blockbuster SMASH, The Dark Knight (2008).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back