nonexclusive beats?

Beat special

i got that special BUY1 GET 5 FREE RIGHT HERE .
w w w.sound click. com / sauce the producer

(without the spaces)

I think everyone is taking the whole "Non-Exclusive" license totally wrong.

This is a huge opportunity for producers as well as emerging recording artist. (depends where and how your selling your non-exclusive licenses)

1. As a producer I'd love the opportunity for my beat or song to be available to hundreds or thousands of recording artist that have the potential to make a hit record out of it. (Most non-exclusive licenses give full publishing rights to the producer). This gives the producer so much leverage when its time to negotiate terms for a bigger push.

2. As an emerging recording artist, you cannot survive or maintain fan base unless you are constantly releasing material and feeding your social networks with content. Non-Exclusive licenses are a great way to build a fan base leading up to an official EP or LP release. Most non-exclusive licenses give you enough licenses to sell on digital retailers to cover up to 2,500 copies sold. Thats a great way to build a buzz.

YES I do agree the producers that are selling their licenses for 3 cents need to be thrown off a cliff. But there are very respectable ways to sell non-exclusive licenses and make great recurring income as a producer.

Sites like BeatStars . com give producers the ability to customize license terms and give you tons of tools to monetize from your content. Come on guys as producers WE ALL have content sitting on our hard drives collecting dust that could be generating a great living for our families. The digital revolution is here. We have to ride the wave.

Looking for talented (1)female & (1)male singers/songwriters and Pop/House music, Urban (Jason Derulo, Sean Kingston, Iyaz , Jeezy style) "go to" producers (MUST have industry quality material) people for some placements opportunities: TV Shows, Major Aritsts, Film and more.

If interested, please reach out for more information.

Thanks!

My beats go for 15K plus so not alot of artists have that kind of money ...
Everyone should have a chance to have the best possible music they can as long as they put effort into their career and are willing to spend money on their career ..

Alot of producers lease beats for 30 or $40 but I know my worth and min is 500 per non exclusive for me personally but I prefer Exclusive over Non any day ...

True and words of wisdom but you cant knock someone who doenst know the ins and out. to some its just a way of making EASY money (may not be a lot) but for some thats how they started and got nice equipment and even got heard but I do understand where you're coming from.. good post !!!

I love non-exclusive licenses...this is the best way for good music to surface and gives everyone a shot at making a hit record

Non exclusive beats are generally just for mix tapes and artiats on a budget... instead of downloading some dj khaled beat that rickross rapoed on its better to buy original beats from upcoming producers.obviosly if its intended for an album the beats should always be exclusive....

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

When i sell beats on my website i dont have all my beats listed the same some are available only for lease some only exclusive that way the artist loojing for exclusives is sure no one else has that beat....

ya charging for your music won't get you anywhere today

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

prolly best to put up on you tube and promote rather than soundclick

Yawn. Sell non exclusive beats all day. There is no guarantee that you will ever reach a level of "success", i.e. producing hit single, major records, etc. IMO success in the music industry and business is making money doing what you love... no matter how. If you think half the producers that are making joints professionally for major artists now never leased their beats/music... you are probably mistaken.

There are no rules, quit trying to invent them.

For producers:

Selling non exclusive beats is a good way to make money off of the same beat because you can lease it numerous time at different prices. Leases allow for a producer to fill his library and have a certain beat available for as long as he wants it to be leased. (until it is changed to exclusive) No matter how big the track gets after the artist used it.. once it is a leasing agreement the producer owns rights to that instrumental, no matter if the artist purchased the lease at $1 $.99 $100 .. pricing for leasing does not matter, all thatmatter is the agreement that is made (terms and conditions) that is the most important part. Being a Producer is a business, you must have a business mentality to be able to better understand what you should do. Pricing is something that you will have to think about second, quality should be your main concern at this moment.

for Artists:
Artists need to realize what their budget is.. and on top of that.. need to realize that the instrumentals they use must be quality, because in using quality material it builds their brand and portrays a good rep for that artist. No matter what costs are for leasing or exclusive rights.. the artist must keep in mind that their purchase or acceptance of the agreement is worth it to them.. and if they benefit the most.. Don't be scared to shop around, and try to find a producer who is willing to work with you..

hope this helped..

Nonexclusive beats.

Who really wants them?

Do you hear the same exact beat being used on more than one big song?

What do you think they are worth?

A song is what defines an artists identity. No "real" artist will use the same backing music for a song on his album which has already been on someone elses album.

An artist and record company wants a song to be so distinctive that you know what it is from the first second you hear it on the radio... they do not want you to have to listen to half of the song before you figure out which of the 10 songs that use that same beat this one is.

What is a "nonexclusive" beat? a beat that is not "your own"... it is a "beat" that you very well may hear the next day on someone elses album.

Hmmmm... does that sound like something with a different name?

It is no different than a "sample CD"

A sample CD is full of beats that you license nonexclusively.

You can get 1000 "beats" on a sample CD for $30.

That means you are paying 3 cents per "beat" when you buy a sample CD.

That means that the going rate for a "nonexclusive" beat is around 3 cents.

People here complain about other producers here devaluing the worth of a "producers" product by charging low prices.

If you sell a "nonexclusive" beat for $1, that seems like a lot of money for something I can get for 3 cents off of a sample CD.

Nobody selling "exclusive" beats should be worried about someone selling "nonexclusive" beats. "Nonexclusive" is a totally different market. If you are trying to sell your "beats" with the intent of making it to a "real" album, you will have to be in an "exclusive" market.

If you want to be "valued" as a producer, you should not worry about what price other people are selling their "beats" for...

If you want to be "valued" as a producer, you should worry about making excellent music and conducting yourself in a professional manner.

Remember, the fancy fine dining restaurant that sells a steak for $85 does not care about the truckstop selling a steak (plus 2 side dishes) for $3.

...just something to think about ;)

A lot people will actually buy them without even speaking to you. You'd be surprised man. It's like this if you put yourself in front 10,000 artists in short time span and you are selling a beat non exclusively and your page it set up for them to easily navigate and purchase a percentage of them will buy providing that the beat was decent/hot in the first place. Your chances of making quick sales go up when you have more heads tuning in. Works like that everytime....

Back