nonexclusive beats?

They are great for mixtapes and promos and way cheaper for the artists. Leases also bring in nice extra money for the Producer also.

hold up the goal of NE beat is perfect i think it creates a auction for your exclusive price if 30 ppl have your beat and they all find out at sometime that otheres have that beat or you tell them and they are a serious vocalist they will want to pay top dollar exclusively.Now heres the good part if you tell all 30 and lets say half of them are really serious you have a auction you can now call yourself ebeat now before your exclusive price was 100 bucks now it possibly can up to who knows how high out of all 15 ppl who has the biggest pocket.bt really i dont care if u went to 5000 the way i see it if somebody got that much dough for beat even 300 its only a matter of time til they become famous and make millions and you wont see none of that cause you sold out for 5000 and i heard this plenty from producers

I agree with one hundred percent except theres nothing wrong with using non exclusive beats for a mixtape

$50-$100 Non Exclusive. People selling joints for $0.99-19.99 don't make sense to me. You are putting yourself into a tiny little box straight out the door. Think and dream big. If you value your art, music, production... why sell your stuff for so little?

As an artist I strongly feel you should make all of your own music, not stitch off of pre-made music that everyone else is using.

Huh?

As an artist I strongly feel you should make all of your own music, not stitch off of pre-made music that everyone else is using.

I haven't clicked the link below your quote, but it looks like you're selling beats? Doesn't that go against what you just said to other artists trying to find beats?...

Aside from that, what about artists that do not want to have to learn about making beats and going and buying all kinds of equipment. What about those people? I'm talking about the artists that just want to stay creative and not get caught up in all the technical crap. What in the world is wrong with them buying beats? If they can't find someone who will help them with making beats, there ain't nothing wrong with going online and finding someone who WILL help them. This is all it is: it's a matter of putting music and artist together, and together, it can become GOOD music. It's like putting
2 + 2 together!

Sorry, I just get heated when I keep hearing people say "oh, you just got that beat from someone" just cause they didn't make it themselves. Ain't nothing wrong with it.

I'm tired of dealing with local cats too who flake-out all the time and they ain't serious. So sick of it that I'm resorting to finding production online.

And if I took your message the wrong way, then sorry but that was good to vent anyways.. :p

I prefer beats to be tracked out. I would use them for a freestyle or something like that but not even on a mixtape.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Some full time musicians and producers do not want to sell ANY exclusive beats and that is totally fair.

If the BEAT is SUPER hot, their is potentially MORE money to be made via Non Exclusive licenses.

And the will lose the artist willing to pay a higher price for an exclusive beat with seperated tracks so that we can really mix the song verses trying to mix vocal over a stero track. I just prefer the quality so i willing to pay for it.

Lease your beats, sell em exclusive, if you catch a break good for you. This "industry" and all of its fantasy knock off's offer lots of opportunities to make money and a living doing what you love without actually ever placing a major record. IMO its a rat race... so play the hand you are dealt and get it while you can.

Back