MPC 4000 vs. MV 8000 or whatever

saccs your buggin if you get rid of ya mp,,,,

the roland company has the tightest sound modules, next to emu,

but akai takes the wind out of anything else, i cant even believe this post...

optional 6 analog outputs,,,, hahahah

i bought the LE version of the 4000
(NO DRIVES NO MEMORY) $1900
than i added my own cd-ROM $cheap
my own 250 zip from my PC like $125
and the 8 output option $295
and 128 memory for a total of 144MB $50

do the math, dont get jerked

akai is fully customizable

try doing that to a roland
hahah

Do the math?

It's easy to find the MV-8000 for $1,900 or less. I was one of the first to buy it.

So let's see...

$1,900 MV-8000
$125 512 MB memory
$400 MV8-OP1
---------------------------
$2,425 Total

$1,900 MPC4000LE
$300 8 output expansion
$50 80 GB hard drive
$125 256 MB expansion
$50 CD-R/RW
----------------------------------
$2,425 Total

You will pay about the same price to buy a unit that will never accept a color display and mouse, was introduced 2 years ago, still isn't fully debugged, and doesn't have the features of its state-of-the-art competitor product.

On the basis of price alone there is no advantage to buying a product that is already 2 years old.

Damn man....that's some real **** you putting across mv producer...keep up the good work...I respect that...and you as well.........

Nasti B

Yo, I think it doesn't matter what you use I think.....what matters most is what the individual feels more comfortable working with....whether you're using an akai or roland sampler..or a keyboard workstation...they're all good....as long as you can master the hardware...

Nasti B...

Screw all the negative posts regarding the MV8000. I'm gonna go ahead and try out Roland's offering. Hopefully I too will be among the pioneers using this newer technology in my production.

MPC_Producer said:
That is completely false information. The MV-8000 goes beyond what was developed a few years ago on the MPC4000. The MV works differently. It is not a copy.

The 8 audio PHRASE tracks are in addition to the 128 MIDI tracks. If you actually owned an MPC--which you obviously don't--you would know that a MIDI event can trigger a sample. This is exactly how it is done on both the MPC and the MV.

OMG It's the Roland boggieman..!

MV Producer said:
Do the math?

It's easy to find the MV-8000 for $1,900 or less. I was one of the first to buy it.

So let's see...

$1,900 MV-8000
$125 512 MB memory
$400 MV8-OP1
---------------------------
$2,425 Total

$1,900 MPC4000LE
$300 8 output expansion
$50 80 GB hard drive
$125 256 MB expansion
$50 CD-R/RW
----------------------------------
$2,425 Total

You will pay about the same price to buy a unit that will never accept a color display and mouse, was introduced 2 years ago, still isn't fully debugged, and doesn't have the features of its state-of-the-art competitor product.

On the basis of price alone there is no advantage to buying a product that is already 2 years old.

You are amazing... getting a paycheck from Roland maybe..? you should be from the amount of time you spend here trying to convince people to buy this one machine.

It's funny that whenever MV Producer corrects false information, a backlash full of insults emerges.

seal said:
It's funny that whenever MV Producer corrects false information, a backlash full of insults emerges.

Isn't it, though?

It sure seems that the detractors are fine with attacking those who use and appreciate the 8000 (excluding Glenn A of course), but are unwilling to discuss the merits of the machine from a user standpoint.

Gee, I wonder why? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
smartiehouse said:

PLEASE? I am questioning him taking advantage of FP..

I'm honestly not trying to hound anyone here, but if someone writes here about how much they love using the MPC or the Motif ES or whatever, does that automatically mean they're taking advantage of this place?

well, if you want my five pence on that (not sure though ;) )

i am seeing his posts on the MV now for over a good month, and it seems he cannot write about anything else, 95 % is surely about the MV.

everything MPC is bad in his view (but he can say that because he has those TWO MPC 4000s standing somewhere, which he seems to never use, in regard to some posts i read here recently).

and, well, even that wouldnt be enough to make people mad i guess(even if he writes that stuff on a MPC-Board).

Its just the way he writes.

excuse me, but when i see words like "pioneering", "the great new age", and all the other mumbo jumbo i feel like watching a nazi movie, or something about a weird occult following.

Fact is, the MV is a great new machine, incorporating a lots of hot stuff, but be real dudez...

any straight built PC with Fruity Loops/Ableton/Logic/whatever, a MPD 16 and some cool freeware plugs pisses three times over the MPC 4000 and the MV too featurewise, and in the ways of manipulating/extracting/whatevergonzo sounds...

i am happy though he doesnt annoy people in this other "ignorant" forum with his salestalk anymore.

i started being interested in the MV, but MV-Bagwhan got me really off.

peace,
Needle

Needle201 said:
Its just the way he writes.

excuse me, but when i see words like "pioneering", "the great new age", and all the other mumbo jumbo i feel like watching a nazi movie, or something about a weird occult following.

Okay, that I understand and agree with. His writing is a little heavy-handed and I do see it (thanks to a semester of rhetorical criticism, which I hated). I guess it just doesn't bother me that much.

But yeah, I see your point... no pun intended.

To be fair, he probably did insult the users of AKAI machines, but that's no reason to discredit his posts with insults and whatnot. Let's agree that there's a market for both machines and each machine has its pro and its con.

thats what i say....

the MV is really a great machine, and the MPC userbase can only benefit from its design ideas, some of which may find their way into future Akai products also.

its too bad that guy is bringing up so many bad opinions about it with his guerilla marketing.

You are mixed up, Needle201.

In my recent Part 4 I intentionally focused on technical issues and avoided the MPC and other hardware as much as possible because people don't want to read about it. Some minor comparisons are helpful so others can understand concepts, but that is all.

Moreover, I have easily 5 times the amount of positive private mail compared to this idiotic negative post like yours. People are thankful for any information because none is available and they don't want to risk their own money on something than might not be for them.

Since you (and a few others) still cannot get it into your cement-thick skulls, let me remind you AGAIN that I don't care to write dozens of posts. I follow very few issues because I do not have the time for them. These post-counterposts threads are EXACTLY why I don't write on other topics.

If you are unemployed, then fine. Have your way and spend your time writing posts. I know for a fact you visit and post on multiple websites. I have a studio to run, and there is no time for spending hours per day writing posts.

Dude, you dont get it...

somebody differs from you, and whoops, they are "idiotic" and "unemployed" losers...

if you wanted to do the MV a real service in the public, you should have written your info (which is basically appreciated) without resorting to bashing the MPC and its "stupid" and "ignorant" users on and on, while elevating yourself up into the skies, because in your opinion you are the only one who knows whats right or wrong for everybody making beatz...

i dont care if Roland pays your rent, i just smell something bad, and thats your arrogance, it stinks, man...

Wait a minute, I plug Roland ten times the amount that MV Producer does. If he's getting checks...then I want some checks! :) Free gear would be nice too. Come on Roland!!! I love you!!! Give me free stuff!!!! All I use is Roland and I got an MV and I think it is a killer machine and I WILL say it blows holes through an MPC. I like it. Good sounds and the pitch/keymapping of samples is waaaaay better than an MPC. It is note perfect two octaves at least either way before resolution starts to distort. On my old MPC 2000XL if you got even close to the next higher/lower octave the sample when to doo doo.When the MV makes the production rounds and pops up in tracks, you people will be asking "how'd they get that sound'? MV-8000 is your best bet.

Anyway, all this nonsense arguements over chirp-chirp beatboxes.....

Trusty said:
Wait a minute, I plug Roland ten times the amount that MV Producer does. If he's getting checks...then I want some checks! :) Free gear would be nice too. Come on Roland!!!

would you mind putting that joke into two or three more threads..? ;)

peace, Needle

Back