MPC 4000 vs. MV 8000 or whatever

MV Producer said:
Are you going to be happy in the near future when you read posts from MV-8000 owners saying how they love the way the MV works with their color LCD and mouse?

Are the MV Producers happy when they read about People using Fruity Loops with a Color LCD and a Mouse (and lots of high quality Plug Ins if they want)?

Dude, go back to whining on the MPC-Tutor site where you have done it before. Fruity Loops and hardware aren't in the same league.

Yo, just went to Sam Ash today..and found out that the Roland Fantom has the same **** that the MV and mpc has.... People paying mad dough on MV-8000's and MPC 2000's while people could be buying the Triton, Korg, or Roland Fantom......It can do the same and much more......you people are wasting your money on hardware...that if you buy it you have to spend much more on sample cd's....while with the Sampling Keyboards you can have the same capabilities plus huge amounts of sounds already built in...so think about it people....would you rather buy a device that is empty or full?

Nasty B!:rolleyes:

well i dont know so tell me...
does the triton or phantom have a hard drive or a built in digital recorder in it i mean granted the triton and korg etc has a seq and mad sounds in one unit but you would use just one or the other i like the feel of the pads to lay my drum tracks plus so much more vga monitor hookup and a mouse port the mv is that ****

NastiB said:
Yo, just went to Sam Ash today..and found out that the Roland Fantom has the same **** that the MV and mpc has.... People paying mad dough on MV-8000's and MPC 2000's while people could be buying the Triton, Korg, or Roland Fantom......It can do the same and much more......you people are wasting your money on hardware...that if you buy it you have to spend much more on sample cd's....while with the Sampling Keyboards you can have the same capabilities plus huge amounts of sounds already built in...so think about it people....would you rather buy a device that is empty or full?

Nasty B!:rolleyes:

personally i would rather buy dedicated devices for each task..

the more things you cram into a device the lower the quality on everything becomes..
saving money on components to make money.. you really can't have your cake and eat it to

but then i'm a cynical sheepherder

It is best to keep the discussion confined to the MV-8000 and the MPC4000. These are the only two directly comparable products, because they are both dedicated sampler-sequencers. Keyboards and software have too many incomparable features.

What really needs to happen is Yamaha needs to come out with the RS 9000 at NAMM and really blow it wide open, but I have to agree with MV in that yamaha has never gotten the user interface down (although I am very happy with how I relate to my O2R96) whereas if the MV8000's user interface is similar to that of the Fantom it is worlds above the MPC and Motif, korg, anything hardware I've seen. I wish I lived near a store that had an MV I could play with. Is it similar to the Fantom GUI? One feature that I hope is on the MV is a tempo button like the one on the Fantom where if you hit it, the wheel automatically contolls tempo, which is much easier than buttoning up up up, , right, right like on the MPC.

The MV interface is very much like the Fantom-S and the V-Synth interface. Roland products have shared technologies. There is a BPM/Tap button on the MV located near the transport controls. Here is a large view of the unit with a good view of the controls:

http://media.zzounds.com/media/brand,zzounds/MV-8000_DR-5d4b037ec7d90651d040d0a0676d6023.jpg

A lot of people have been wondering if there will be a replacement for the RS7000. It is unclear if there is a market for that type of product any more. Either way, we will know soon because NAMM is only a few days away.

MV Producer said:
Dude, go back to whining on the MPC-Tutor site where you have done it before. Fruity Loops and hardware aren't in the same league.

Wow, It's good to see you finally found a place where people lick your balls for delivering your sales pitch infiltration BS, something you really seem to crave.

Get your facts straight. I write music. I don't sell products.

Since you want a job in a store so badly that you perceive salesmanship in others, then go apply. They need you.

YO man I ain't gonna buy my self a huge production tool that I don't really need man...as long as I can do the same thing on something else for far cheaper I'd do that....You all talking about the Fantom S 66 is not a comparable device...well let me tell you....The SP-505 can even do a lot of the the things that the MV-8000 and Akai 2000 xl can do.....features might not be as much but still..you can put together a powerful sequenced beat using sp 505 which people are calling a toy...which is far less expensive...Like I always say...it's not what you have it's what you can do..and how you utilize it....I'm just telling you all to open your eyes :bigeyes:

NastiB

Last edited by a moderator:
ha ha ha

yall know what im really getting pissed off with this mpc is better then everything BS god did you not hear that the neptunes use a korg m1 for there seq in i don`t see them with a damn problem i don`t hear everybody sayin they seq don`t sound good mpc freaks stop actin like d*ckheads i had a mpc and you know i could not tell the diffrents when i was usein my roland jx305 and useing the mpc seq tha sh*t sounds the same to me how much tightness you need?
tightness stops when your beat sounds good and nutthing off track thats when it stop even if you use a mpc look at 9wonder he use f**kin fruity i don`t hear nobody say his beat on jay album sound sh*tty jimmy jam and terry don`t use mpc when doing a r&b beat so stop with the mpc sh*t already the mv-8000 is here to stay no matter what you lil kids b*tch about just let people use what they want cause the damn mpc or mv-8000 want make the track for you u make the tracks no matter what you useing
i for one like the mv-8000 cause its faster to use and the usb and vga and the reading of mpc disk and roland 700 disk and acid that sh*t is hot hot to death i don`t have to chop my samples on computer and put them back the mv-800 evey thing is there all in one machine the linear seq is a new way to work plus people who use cubase could get with this thing fast and it burns cds and master cds so thats it i want say any more.

I give up explaining **** to you people......enjoy your toys.....that's all I have to say...cause I'll enjoy my production setup....when the time comes
...:mad:

Na let me stop..though...Seriously I'm looking into the mv-8000 or at least the Roland Fantom S.......either one will do me well....;)

ethernine said:
ha ha ha

yall know what im really getting pissed off with this mpc is better then everything BS god did you not hear that the neptunes use a korg m1 for there seq in i don`t see them with a damn problem i don`t hear everybody sayin they seq don`t sound good mpc freaks stop actin like d*ckheads i had a mpc and you know i could not tell the diffrents when i was usein my roland jx305 and useing the mpc seq tha sh*t sounds the same to me how much tightness you need?
tightness stops when your beat sounds good and nutthing off track thats when it stop even if you use a mpc look at 9wonder he use f**kin fruity i don`t hear nobody say his beat on jay album sound sh*tty jimmy jam and terry don`t use mpc when doing a r&b beat so stop with the mpc sh*t already the mv-8000 is here to stay no matter what you lil kids b*tch about just let people use what they want cause the damn mpc or mv-8000 want make the track for you u make the tracks no matter what you useing
i for one like the mv-8000 cause its faster to use and the usb and vga and the reading of mpc disk and roland 700 disk and acid that sh*t is hot hot to death i don`t have to chop my samples on computer and put them back the mv-800 evey thing is there all in one machine the linear seq is a new way to work plus people who use cubase could get with this thing fast and it burns cds and master cds so thats it i want say any more.

if that post is directed at me, you got the wrong person. I love my mpc2kXL, and neither the MPC4k or the MV8k are of any interest to me (for that style of production, utilizing a TFT and Mouse, i would prefer to use a computer, thats the reason of my former remark).

And if they were, i would decide on the possibilities, and, more important, if the style of usage fits with my production habits.

Simply trashing the MV is stupid and wrong.

Needle201 said:

if that post is directed at me, you got the wrong person. I love my mpc2kXL, and neither the MPC4k or the MV8k are of any interest to me (for that style of production, utilizing a TFT and Mouse, i would prefer to use a computer, thats the reason of my former remark).

And if they were, i would decide on the possibilities, and, more important, if the style of usage fits with my production habits.

Simply trashing the MV is stupid and wrong.

damn dog you feelin guilty i ain`t say nobody name did i say know name did i?
so fall back sir com yo sh*t

The mpc 1000 is also a good device...It allows a person to take what's in their computer and transfer the work to the mpc's sequencer...and vice versa...at this period of time...Production is very powerful when intergrated with the computer ...I wouldn't want to get anything that cannot midi with a pc...and at this period of time...I don't think mv-8000 is worth buying...Roland has the tendency to sell things very pricey...and I'm not gonna be fooled into buying a device so expensive while I could buy something similiar and still have more money to buy additional things...like a good compressor for instance.......

ethernine said:

damn dog you feelin guilty i ain`t say nobody name did i say know name did i?
so fall back sir com yo sh*t

well, you could get that associated by the way the thread went.

one more thing:

those people who dig into the MV shouldnt bash the MPC the other way around.

both are surely fine machines which may suit different styles of production with their different ways of handling sequencing and sampling.

the world is big enough for two hardware sequencer/sampler units.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey folks, remember it's just gear! ;)

Some of us already have various amounts and kinds of gear, and MPC/MV/whatever is not going to (re)define the universe or the setup or the style...

And NastiB:
If you haven't got a keyboard yet, I agree that you should definately get one - gotta have some keys!

Respectfully,

DJ
--

Back