I am a crack head!!!

starbeezy

How many of you are using Cracked Music Software, but too ashamed to admit it? Of course, you will be roasted for it. However, You may not overcome the issue if you don't admit that you are a Crack Head or Cracked Head (However you want to say it).

Used This Post to List your Testimony and How you are "actually" investing in your music... Something like Rehabilitation...

Interesting thread. I'll allow it as long as it doesn't turn into the advocation of cracked software.

Me personally. I started on hardware, so "cracks" were never a big part of my setup. When you pay $1300 for an MPC, $800 for a multitrack Recorder, and $1400 for a module rack....that copy of Cakewalk Music Creator($30)that could replace most of that was a great 1st investment in software. I had cracked vers. of FL and a few vstis in the past, but I always bought anything I used, treated "cracks" like demos.

I have no issue with people because of their stance on piracy, but I do have a certain element to me that fails to understand why a petty car theif would steal a Ferrari to park in the middle of the hood and joyride around in rather than legally driving the CRX he has that can get him from point A to B. Same time, I can at least respect the guys from "Gone in 60 Seconds" for knowing the ins and outs of the cars they stole and ultimately having the mindframe and hustle to gain from what they've stolen so they can take the cash and go BUY them the car they were just stealing. That mentality goes with me into music gear.

I can proudly say. At this point, I legally own every peice of software I use. From Reason to Sonar to Microsoft Word, lol.

i currently have a cracked copy of VEE clubsounds vol 2
but as soon as i have the money i will buy the actual version
because if i get sued my chances of being a famous dj are over

Here is my take on it.

When I first got into software, I tried some cracked software...it totally corrupted my computer and after the third of fourth time doing a fresh wipe and a new Windows install, I gave up on cracked software.

Why bother with it?

Also, in a sense, people who are gluttonous about their software pirating get nowhere with it. When you buy something, with hard earnings, you treat software, as if it were like a hardware unit. With hardware, you have made a substantial investment and committed yourself to learning it inside out. With software pirating, you exhaust the presets and go on to the next pirated instrument.

However, when you pay for something, you tend to respect it more, and you apply that level of commitment to it.

If people would just refuse to pirate software, and buy themselves the choice gear that they can afford, and stick with it, they will get much further than having 500 pirated vsts on their computer and not a clue what to do with them past preset previewing. Same with a host, etc.

I think the lack of commitment on the part of the person that pirates software, because they have made no investment in it, accounts for 90% of all the stupid questions on this site.

Just my $0.02

Stop pirating software, and earn your way.

If you want to be a software glutton, do what I did...

1. Make your music habit pay for itself.

2. Become a reviewer for a magazine and get companies to send you stuff for free.

:)

I had a cracked copy of FL studio but it was so unstable and terrible that I ended up buying the Producer Version> I haven't regretted the purchase.

years ago...i tried a crack...i think it might've been Logic when it was on Windows and a virus totally destroyed my computer and since then i've been crack free. Cracks aren't worth the risk.

This a GREAT thread. I've never used a Crack...My boy just installed a crack on his MAC. Dumb ass thinks a Crack wont F up his MAC...Because it's a MAC.

Please.

i started out with a cracked version of FL 6 i think it was, but by time 7 came out i was gettin more serious with it so i bought it

the first crack software i ever had was a CD a buddy sent me back years and years ago. i never got around to using it. a friend did and the virus on it went ape **** on his computer. he was pretty pleased with the whole experience (people studying computer science in college are weird)

i have no idea why almost 10 years, 2 states, 3 apartments, and 3 houses later i still have it.

i

Edirol Orchestral is all I got. And I haven't even found a place to buy it legit so I'm not worried about it.

I know the higher end VSTs and such that cost upwards of $500 or $1000 are meant for professionals, but my view is that if they dropped the price a little, more people like me would be inclined to buy it because I can actually afford it. Thereby reducing piracy and possibly gaining another loyal customer in the process...

How in da world would anybody figure out dat some1 uses cracked vst's or Daw's or Samples? It's Impossible right?

As of right now, everything that I use is legit (only software I'm using is Pro Tools, Reason and Auto-Tune EFX, everything else is hardware), except for my copy of Nero 8, which I'm considering investing in soon.

But I do remember my first piece of cracked software was Cool Edit 2, then Cubase SX (then SX2, then SX3), then Reason 2.5. This was all while I was still under 18 and not working and had no source of income, nor did pops have enough to cash out for anything of that nature. But as of the last 4 years, the only cracked software I've used was for evaluation purposes, if I liked it I bought it; except Waves Mercury since I can't afford that right now.

I agree Trusty on the "investing in yourself" deal. I know too many people that can obtain anything (software) they want, but don't know anything more than the basics of any of them.

I don't think people understand that the people on this forum don't really care that you use cracked software. We care that if you talk about it and endorse it that the forum will be shut down. I've used tons of cracked software in the past. But now I realize that with the amount of great free software out there that there really isn't a point for it. Also all the software I own now is legal due to copies I've received when I use to work at music stores selling it.

I have copies of Waves API and SSL that I don't even use anymore because I like other things better. And many of them are free. I also have McDSP, Chandler Limited, and other high end plugs that I don't use because I have better free ones.

Since my main software is ProTools and Reason I have everything I need with refills and Massey plugs.

I used cracked software at one point until I lost a beat and vowed never again. I won't even produce on demo software. If it's not licensed then I'm not f@ck'n with it...

Define Cracked. My Reason was installed by a certified A++ (whatever that it is) tech. He installed it and I gave him an old pair of Alesis monitors.

Now I respect the hell out of it and I know it pretty well. I honestly don't see what the big deal is. And yes to me it is different than stealing an MPC.

Define Cracked. My Reason was installed by a certified A++ (whatever that it is) tech. He installed it and I gave him an old pair of Alesis monitors.

Now I respect the hell out of it and I know it pretty well. I honestly don't see what the big deal is. And yes to me it is different than stealing an MPC.

You got jokes...You know what a crack is.:mad:

Back