Common's view on interracial relationships

thanks Jah..happy to hear words from someone who IS rastafarian..good stuff, peace.

Doc Ric/

I really hate it when I respond to a thread, and then by the time it's posted the topic is onto something else! Anyway, I think that people in general should be with whoever or whatever makes them happy. Being with someone for the right reasons doesn't make you a sell out or mean that you hate yourself. I will agree that if a person only dates outside of their own race that there probably are some issuse there, but so what. Having the opinions that we have isn't going to change that person's outlook or preference...so just be true to yourself, & your own. Maybe the positive example you set will be the "turning" (or turning back) point that a person may need!
PEACE...Jah Warner

People are complicated. Humans are complicated. I respect that he didn't run from the topic and he had good reasoning behind his belief. I am a black man and I am married to a white woman but he talks about a slap in the face to black women, when I began dating it was nothing but black girls but I got dissed so much for not having the right clothes or enough money or a car (I was a teenager at this point) that when I met a white girl who accepted me for me without any pretenses, then it turned me off to black women.

Umm, i dont know why this thread got bumped but Common is one of the WORST ENTERTAINERS in the business... his life is blaahh, his raps are blahh... i dont see why people even **** with him.

With or without kanye he is still garbage... and i wont even read what he has to say about interracial dating... it's nothing to me... i grew up around it so it's nothing.... i always wonder why these threads get so long sometimes. I guess there must be some sheltered individuals on this site... sheltered like a mf'r maan... hahaha

hahaha...

OsamaPigLatin said:
People are quick to assume that white/latino/asian muphukas are racist just because they don't necessarily find a nygga attractive.

Now that's called having a preference without self hating.
So a white/latin/asian person not being attracted to blacks is not hate...but a black person not being attracted to blacks is hate?? WTF.

White girls are easier to get along with. Atleast where I live haha. I haven't met an "inbetween" black woman yet. They are either overly loud and ghetto, or so pro-black that they don't use electricity lol.

EDIT: Damn this is an old ass post. Disregard mine.

Last edited:
I totally agree

I totally agree with common

Last edited by a moderator:
I like common as an artist but what he said was stupid, Ignorant, and a total waste of breath. What an idiot. People don't see the bigger picture and choose to be in that little box. But whatever, its his opinion which doesn't count for much so oh well... he makes good music tho

I don't understand how a thread can go on this long based off one man's beleif. He even said he wasn't trying to tell people how to live their lives. He only dates black women.

My best friend in the entire world is a white dude(shameless plug www.myspace.com/md0tlund )who only dated black chicks his entire life. He couldn't relate to white girls. The irony is when he settled down, he wifed a white girl which is still wierd to all of us because of how albino(for lack of a better word)he is, lol.

I can't date anything but black girls. I treat all people as equals, I'm as far from racist as you can be. I got asian and indian in my family. But I simply only make that type connection with black women. I don't even like redbones like that. They got a certain swag to em'.

Not even categorizing, it's just preference. Some people love to drive but will never hop on a motorcycle. Some people love to travel, but will never board a plane.

I don't care about color, I get along with everyone, but I've never been able to tolerate a chick for more than 1 night who wasn't Gabriell Union's tone or better. Except the right NY bred Peuto Ricans, but they act like they Gab Union's tone or better.......

Last edited:
I don't think race will matter in the near future...

...Like Dave Chappel said "Soon there won't be black, white or asian....just beige" lol.

Deranged I agree with you 100 percent but not only was he talking about himself and his preferences which is fine. He was talkin about the rastafarians which he admittedly said he doesn't know everything about them he's just talkin what he thinks.. I totally agree with you about preferences to each his own but he started talkin about other people and what he think is good for them feel me?

Peace

^^^No doubt. And didn't Bob Marley date white women?

Everyone has the right to date whoever they want. Period. I overread responses to the point I forgot he tried to throw it in the Rastas faces.

Always the yellow dudes. 1st Terrence Howard, then Yung Berg, now this, lol. That's why yellow cat's can't come back in style, lol. Asian dudes gonna get their shine before y'all!!!!

:cheers: I'm all jokes, take nothing I say too seriously.

RobertSylvesterKelly said:
Co-Sign. Common is half white himself. Here's him and his mother
commonswhitemama.jpg

Dude has issues.

I think one of his grandparents is white or something, but his moms or whoever that is standing next to him is not white. Black people come in many shades as we see.As far as Commons interview, I understand what he says and I dont think hes a racist. Black Power and White Power mean totally two different things. Aside from that , people have the right to be with who ever they want to, black white yellow red brown , shyt even gay people. All people have that right and should all have a basic repect for each other. I love my ebony princess doe.:angel:

RemedE said:
I don't think race will matter in the near future...

...Like Dave Chappel said "Soon there won't be black, white or asian....just beige" lol.

Though i know this basically means that were all a melting pot in America, I still would like to know that black people are still a people that we shouldnt melt away our heritage and culture. Shyts happened like that in many cases already and it has done black people no good. We need to keep our history alive.Other races have the right to feel the same too.I wont say that killing people to keep your culture alive is the key.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's crazy how sensitive this issue is...I was actually trying to find the post about how Common said that Obama was gonna change hip hop and I stumbled across this...I can't believe people still so strongly 3 1/2 years later

OsamaPigLatin said:
I'm gonna try and keep this response civil....just for once. I have a question....

What in the world could possibly lead someone to choose to NEVER date within his/her own race? Please don't give me that naive "we're all human" fable because I'm SOOOOOOO READY to label you as either a straight dumbass, a wigger who's still in search of his identity even at the age of 33, or my personal favorite...

Just another prime example of a token ass negro....

Okay so I lied about the civil part. :) I just find it funny how so many people are quick to call someone racist for choosing not to date outside of his/her race, but it's cool if they never date their own peeps.

for me honestly. i date outside my race because not that i choose to bjt it just happened that way. i dated black womn before but i married a hispanic because i love her period. most times when you live in the hood for some reason the black women don't have any lady material. i grew up to respect women and respect myself. but most black women THAT I HAVE MET dont respect themselves. i have footage of going to these jamacian parties and women all over the dirty floor, letting grown men jump on them and stuff. wearing half naked clothing. but go to a salsa club where the women are dressed still revieling but you dont touch her if she doesn't want you too. i thinkfor me its a class thing. now dont get me wrong i love black women, shoot my family raised som great women. but i feel in the african american community women with class is out of style.and good succesful black men are looking for a women with class. for example my wife will curse me out at home, not in front of the kids of course, but in public we are respectful to one another even if we are mad at the moment. but to often i see black women cursing, carring on like a dude, in public. that aint attractive. like if i go to the chinese store i meet black women talkin about who they slept wit and who they gonna jump, not saying just black women but anywomen like that i ain't acknowledging.

Back