Common's view on interracial relationships

CASTLE HILL said:
I think Common has seen so many brothers dating oustide of their race that it pisses him off because he has the utmost respect for the matriach of black civilation-the Black woman.To make matters worst some of these brothers wont take care of their child from a black woman but will take care of their mixed kids. I see it all the time in the Bay Area. Personally I am too grimy for a white woman. She cant relate to my struggle as an educated independent Black man trying to make it in Corporate America or America in general. That's not to say that I wont have sex with them. White Chicks rock the mic(oral sex) pretty damn good. The reality of the matter though is that many brothers who date white women(I'm referring to those who actively seek to find a non black chick)have this inferiority complex about black woman. That's Common's real gripe. In the Lil Brother mixtape one of the Justus League members give shout outs to white groupies with the one night stand. That was funny as hell.

you have some issues. in what way are you grimy? you are educated.. you have a business oriented career and you seem to be intelligent and deft at conversation.

a farmer is grimy.

dont put anything past a woman of anyrace because of some generalization you had. a woman... anywoman has a primal instinct to be with someone strong who can provide and remain healthy and protective. that's across the board. now as far as relationships ... they'll usually go in for the long haul with someone that values them despite his own sense of self worth. if you constantly look down on a woman behind race and no other basis... you could miss out on what God sent to you as the perfect mrs castle hill. she'll wax ya dreads too that blue eyed demon she will! i mean ... come on. give them a chance based on their humanity. jeez.

fatdogs12 said:

No it's simple, I just don't find them attractive. It's not like I hate white people and I try to act like I'm some kind of thug or something I just don't find them at all attractive.

I pretty much grew up around black and peurto rican people and I happen to like girls with darker skin. My girlfriend that I have been with for a long time now (5 years) is East Indian.

Okay so you can't date a white womn who has a tan? Last time I checked they even have spray on tans these days. Argument null and voided.

fatdogs12 said:

I just view race as I view the color of cars. Some people like a certain color and others don't. If you are a black person and don't like black cars are you self-hating? Of course not, that's silly, it's not related. Now women (or men) are not cars but what we are talking about is peoples tastes.

People have souls. Cars have V-6 engines. You're right. You shouldn't even have brought that shyt up because it's stupid. Having a preference is one thing, but to completely come to the conclusion that u just don't find your own race attractive....I don't care what u say. Your issue is definitely more deeper rooted or rather...more than skin deep. Skintone? Give me a break....that's like nyggas who won't date dark-skinned women. It's called SELF HATRED!

fatdogs12 said:

Another thing I have issue with but understand is the idea of having pride for ones race. I just hate that in general. I mean if I went around encouraging "white pride".

HOWEVER in the case of African-Americans I can understand things like Black Pride and I don't nessasarily feel that it's meant as a hateful thing at all.

What? So you feel sorry for us or something? I think I'm seeing a classic case of Wiggerism here. **** outta here with that crap. No one's saying you have to throw on a white robe and burn a cross on MY LAWN just to show your pride. I'm not even saying that you HAVE TO ONLY DATE within your own race to show pride. I actually wouldn't blame someone for showing "white pride" because they let EVERY RACE in America get away with saying mad shyt about whites in the entertainment field.

fatdogs12 said:

One thing that I also find frustrating is that a fair amount of African-American people that I meet, dislike white people as a whole. And considering how bad white people have acted I can't be upset by it but I find it frustrating because it's like all white people hate black people or anything. It's nothing like that at all, what was the civil war for in this country? A lot of white people find racism something that is terrible and a good amount of white people have given thier lives because they felt it was wrong.

That's because some nyggas are ignorant. I don't hold grudges against a 21 year old dude just because his great great grandfather might have called my ancestors a coon. Fukk that, the REAL COONS are walking around in America today without the restraints of cuffs...some are still wearing big ass gaudy chains though.

Dude you're not saying shyt that I haven't heard a hundred milion times beforehand. Point blank...not wanting to date a fat person when you're fat makes you a hypocritical fukk who should smother in your own lard.

Not wanting to date a white girl because she's too light AND YOU'RE WHITE YOURSELF is NO EXCUSE to abandon your own people just because you grew up around some blacks and ricans. Maybe it's not completely self-hatred, but you have identity issues.

And maybe I'm just paranoid as fukk these days, but I'm starting to think that every nygga on this sight going through an identity crisis is that nappy headed faggot in Ohio who won't leave his bedroom.

Damn this topic grew fast all I know is that if the pussy is tight, I'm hittin it tonight I don't give a fuk if it's purple

BJv said:
Damn this topic grew fast all I know is that if the pussy is tight, I'm hittin it tonight I don't give a fuk if it's purple

Okay, but purple? I don't think race is an issue in this case. That bytch needs to go to a clinic!

The hardest thing to change is peoples views and opinons, you can talk till ya blue in the face but if they don't want to influenced by you, then there is nothing you can do.

Wimmen in general are a natural wonder, it doesn't matter what race/creed they are...it's up to you to pick a diamond.

But if people want to limit themselves, then theres more options for me.

kaliyl said:
The most well known rasta is Bob Marley, and he was mixed. So should one half of him be embarrassed to be a rasta? Lol

and his most famous son these day's, damiain "jr gong" marley, was made with a white french photomodel who lived in london...

selector waxx said:

and his most famous son these day's, damiain "jr gong" marley, was made with a white french photomodel who lived in london...

Where did you get this Selector Waxx??? Maybe French Canadian. Cindy Brakespeare was born in Canada to a Jamaican father and a Canadian mother. (Not sure what race the Jamaica father was.) She moved to Jamaica when she was about 4 or 5. After she won the Ms. World contest she did live in London for some time but the majority of her years were/are in Jamaica.

BJv said:

My type of nukka.Shouldnt pussy be a censored word on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
OsamaPigLatin said:

Okay so you can't date a white womn who has a tan? Last time I checked they even have spray on tans these days. Argument null and voided.

There is nothing that is null and voided about that. White women have different bone structure, hair texture and many other difference including a generally different disposition.

OsamaPigLatin said:
People have souls. Cars have V-6 engines. You're right. You shouldn't even have brought that shyt up because it's stupid. Having a preference is one thing, but to completely come to the conclusion that u just don't find your own race attractive....I don't care what u say. Your issue is definitely more deeper rooted or rather...more than skin deep. Skintone? Give me a break....that's like nyggas who won't date dark-skinned women. It's called SELF HATRED!

This is nothing self-hating about it. I don't hate white people. I hate some white people, I hate some black people. I don't hate any specific race nor do I hate myself or have any form of low self-esteem that I can think of.

OsamaPigLatin said:
What? So you feel sorry for us or something? I think I'm seeing a classic case of Wiggerism here. **** outta here with that crap. No one's saying you have to throw on a white robe and burn a cross on MY LAWN just to show your pride. I'm not even saying that you HAVE TO ONLY DATE within your own race to show pride. I actually wouldn't blame someone for showing "white pride" because they let EVERY RACE in America get away with saying mad shyt about whites in the entertainment field.

What is a Wigger? A white person who tries to act black? I'm simply saying that in the context of what has happened in America over the last 300 years I don't find it wrong.

OsamaPigLatin said:
Dude you're not saying shyt that I haven't heard a hundred milion times beforehand. Point blank...not wanting to date a fat person when you're fat makes you a hypocritical fukk who should smother in your own lard.

Not wanting to date a white girl because she's too light AND YOU'RE WHITE YOURSELF is NO EXCUSE to abandon your own people just because you grew up around some blacks and ricans. Maybe it's not completely self-hatred, but you have identity issues.

And maybe I'm just paranoid as fukk these days, but I'm starting to think that every nygga on this sight going through an identity crisis is that nappy headed faggot in Ohio who won't leave his bedroom.

That is where you are wrong. I don't not date her because she's too light. I don't find them attractive. It's a difference between acting on perference and your principle. I would not rule out dating a white girl, however there have been a very very very few that I have found attractive.

I would agree that if you ruled out dating your own race as a matter of principle that you may have some sort of issue, but not nessasarily self-race-hate.

I mean it's not like I'm embarassed or that I would wish to switch my race or anything. I don't care what race I am, I'm a human being, I'm alive and I'm thankful for that.

POINT BLANK though I don't have a people if you are referring to a race. I am not at all proud of white people one bit. Why should I be proud of white people? What makes them different from anyone else? The only thing I could be proud of is individual accomplishments and individual people. That's it period.

I just think you have been brainwashed by some self-hate in race relations type book.

As long as people continue to view it as race this race that it's gonna be the same stuff. Who says because someone is a certain race that they owe anything to that race? You may have a responsibility to an indivudial but you cannot have a responsibility to a collective of people which spans both the best and worst of mankind, people which you do not know, many of which you would probably not want to.

The only thing that makes me feel better about this is that (hopefully) people with your attitude towards this do not make up the majority.

NaychaBoy said:
I dont see a problem either way with interracial relationships. But is common wrong for being pro black.

he's not really being pro black,just anti white.its ok to f7ck a white chick but not to date her?swap white with black and pretend its a white guy saying it.they would be hounded out of the music industry.

kenworth said:

he's not really being pro black,just anti white.its ok to f7ck a white chick but not to date her?swap white with black and pretend its a white guy saying it.they would be hounded out of the music industry.

I see. Thats real racist.

is this thread still alive?...

The hardest thing to change is peoples views and opinons, you can talk till ya blue in the face but if they don't want to influenced by you, then there is nothing you can do.

Wimmen in general are a natural wonder, it doesn't matter what race/creed they are...it's up to you to pick a diamond.

But if people want to limit themselves, then theres more options for me.

yeah, what he said

btw there are fine white girls
- as well as sistas and desi women
i might add - in Birmingham
all those women running around with short-a** skirts and no coats in the middle of winter---
it's a beautiful thing

BJv said:

TROJAN MANNNNN!!!

... be careful. The special adult clinic is the quietest place in the world. A bunch of booty fiends hiding behind brochures in the waiting area.

That big metal Q-tip will make you stand on your toes like Michael Jackson.

Eeee heee heee!!!

Peace it's like this
I came from a African decendant women, who is my mother brought over here as slaves. I want my child to represent me and look like me and carry on my progeny and bloodline. Caucasian women are not pretty at all to me at no level. You can put them on all the wonderfulz of makeupz in the world and they don't do anything for me. They are not compatible to me, I can't tell a caucasian what caucasian man did to me at the job but a sista I can and feel comfortable. I am not changing for a caucisian either I am not putting my life in their hands like that. African american people as well as African people have a right to be with our own and to have children that represent us, and we have the right if anyone do to be on this earth without people thinking we should mix this and that. I see caucasians represent themselves all on tv as though others don't exist, when I go home I want to see my people represented, I don't wanna always see, caucasian, on tv, radio, stores here and there etc, I would like to see where Africans/Am are at a place with none of them around and we living in peace. Not racist I am saying we need our space also, without or races butting in. I want an African/Am family without caucasians in it. I am not going to put my child into this non sense world and people acting crazy cause they are mixed, hell we having a problem now cause of your dark melanin complexion as it is.

DaNOC said

Peace it's like this
I came from a African decendant women, who is my mother brought over here as slaves. I want my child to represent me and look like me and carry on my progeny and bloodline. Caucasian women are not pretty at all to me at no level. You can put them on all the wonderfulz of makeupz in the world and they don't do anything for me. They are not compatible to me, I can't tell a caucasian what caucasian man did to me at the job but a sista I can and feel comfortable. I am not changing for a caucisian either I am not putting my life in their hands like that. African american people as well as African people have a right to be with our own and to have children that represent us, and we have the right if anyone do to be on this earth without people thinking we should mix this and that. I see caucasians represent themselves all on tv as though others don't exist, when I go home I want to see my people represented, I don't wanna always see, caucasian, on tv, radio, stores here and there etc, I would like to see where Africans/Am are at a place with none of them around and we living in peace. Not racist I am saying we need our space also, without or races butting in. I want an African/Am family without caucasians in it. I am not going to put my child into this non sense world and people acting crazy cause they are mixed, hell we having a problem now cause of your dark melanin complexion as it is.

I respect where you're coming from as far as who you want your family to be. And you're either attracted or you're not, and you're not and I respect you for that, unlike Common.
BUT I disagree with some of your conclusions. First of all I, at least, don't hold my tongue around white people around any issue I have with them, not in the streets, not at home. And the way I roll is like this - my life's in no one's hands but God's and my own.
Second of all, my son is darker than my Mom. And I probably have people at least as dark and maybe darker than people in your family in mine as well people the complexion of Common's Mom. My son does in fact represent MY family and probably alot of other A-A families, including Common's.If you've been around Africans you know none of them look like Common's Mom (no disrespect to her, as I said I have people that color in my own family) The reality is alot of A-A's ALREADY have Caucasains in their family.
It's taboo to say that for various justifiable reasons, but that doesn't make it any less true. The difference is now my son's going to have TWO parents who respect him, not just one like in the old days. It's up to his African- descended Dad (me) to make sure he respects himself - as a Black Man -
the way all the other "bi-racials" who like Common, grew up with African descended Mom's do.

peace

fatdogs12 said:

There is nothing that is null and voided about that. White women have different bone structure, hair texture and many other difference including a generally different disposition.

And your point is? Shyt according to you I thought we were all just human? :) And what's all this talk about physical features anyway. You're either extremely shallow or as stated before you have identity issues that need addressing. Take your pick.

fatdogs12 said:

I would not rule out dating a white girl, however there have been a very very very few that I have found attractive.

Just wondering, but could u actually spell it out for me...like Why is it that u find so very few attractive?

fatdogs12 said:

POINT BLANK though I don't have a people if you are referring to a race. I am not at all proud of white people one bit. Why should I be proud of white people? What makes them different from anyone else? The only thing I could be proud of is individual accomplishments and individual people. That's it period.

Not proud of whites one bit? Okay.... Blacks weren't the only faces walking on Washington u know? It's funny how I never hear whites poiting that shyt out. What makes your argument even more sick is you were eager to point out that you grew up around blacks and ricans as if you're supposed to THINK, ACT, AND BEHAVE like us....yet you keep poiting out this individuality crap. Yes you cna be an individual and that's all well, fine, and dandy. How about becoming an individual who accepts that he IS a part of a group...with heritage...and there's nothing u cna do to comppletely deny who you are. The same shyt with token negroes...at the end of the day that TOKEN is still a nigger in a lotta eyesets....just like no matter who u date and how u talk...you're still WHITE no matter how u cut it. I wasn't assuming that u didn't want to be white, but hey these days I don't put shyt past anyone.

fatdogs12 said:

I just think you have been brainwashed by some self-hate in race relations type book.

And I think you've been brainwashed by watching too much BET. Then again white women are appearing in more and more of those videos so you might wanna switch stations soon.

fatdogs12 said:

The only thing that makes me feel better about this is that (hopefully) people with your attitude towards this do not make up the majority.

If more people with my attitude made up the majority then we'd REALLY have people less concerned with dating someone based on physical attributes than what he/she has to offer mentally, emotionally, and most importantly spiritually. You've never seen me give big ups to white women on this site without giving props to sistahs. Sure I talk shyt about latinas a lot, but then again I do find them to be some of the most beautiful and verbaly engaging women in the world. I don't rule out anyone AT ALL where skin tone is concerned. Can u say the same?

Okay and my views are fukked up? Riiiiiiight.

OsamaPigLatin said:

And your point is? Shyt according to you I thought we were all just human? :) And what's all this talk about physical features anyway. You're either extremely shallow or as stated before you have identity issues that need addressing. Take your pick.

How do you figure either of those? I am not shallow nor do I have an identity crisis. I don't nessasarily like the prettiest girl, I really just prefer a strong women who is smart. At this point to me, looks really don't mean that much. I have been with pretty girls and have been unhappy. I only care about my happiness not whether or not she is super pretty. I do need to be attracted to her though, otherwise what's the point?

Just wondering, but could u actually spell it out for me...like Why is it that u find so very few attractive?

I have no idea, it's not something I can explain. Same reason someone looks at anything and likes it, it's not always a concious reason. I can state why I like a lot of different other women but I don't know what specically about white chicks I don't like. I mean there are some rare exceptions but even if I was with though I would feel that I wasn't really getting what I wanted.

Not proud of whites one bit? Okay.... Blacks weren't the only faces walking on Washington u know? It's funny how I never hear whites poiting that shyt out.

That was my original point. Wasn't I saying before that there were a lot of white people for equal rights?

What makes your argument even more sick is you were eager to point out that you grew up around blacks and ricans as if you're supposed to THINK, ACT, AND BEHAVE like us....

Okay I never said that I THINK, ACT or BEHAVE like anyone. I was not "eager" to point it out, and that wasn't even the context in which I pointed it out. I was explaining the reason that I found white chicks unattractive. You are taking my comments WAY out of context.

I seriously doubt anyone would say that I THINK, ACT or BEHAVE like a black person specifically. I mean I don't dress in baggy pants with Air Force Ones or anything. On a friday night I am at home watching star trek. I'm not implying anything negative by that but I am pretty much just a typical somewhat nerdy white guy.

yet you keep poiting out this individuality crap. Yes you cna be an individual and that's all well, fine, and dandy. How about becoming an individual who accepts that he IS a part of a group...with heritage...and there's nothing u cna do to comppletely deny who you are. The same shyt with token negroes...at the end of the day that TOKEN is still a nigger in a lotta eyesets....just like no matter who u date and how u talk...you're still WHITE no matter how u cut it. I wasn't assuming that u didn't want to be white, but hey these days I don't put shyt past anyone.

I'm not pointing out "individuality crap" I am saying that I don't condone any race on a wholesale level. I am only part of a group in as much as someone cares to group me that way. I don't bear the responsibility nor do I share in the accomplishments of any other person on this earth. I personally do not care about a heritige or anything like that. Some people in my family in the past were great, others were terrible, what difference does it make?

Lol I am aware of the fact that I am white no matter how I cut it. I don't try to be anything specifically. But just because I'm white doesn't mean that I nessasarily should "ACT" like a sterotypical white person or do things that a typical white person does. You have a right to view things any way you want but when I deal with people I treat them without any consideration to color or any other prejudice. I evaluate each person seperately and that's all.

That's is my whole point, to me race is nothing. I'm not gonna say well "Osama Bin Laden is terrible so lets just go kill all the Muslims" as a lot of people do. Every body is different, so the burder is on you now, WHY SHOULD I BE PROUD OF MY RACE or WHY SHOULD ANYONE BE PROUD OF THIER RACE?

And I think you've been brainwashed by watching too much BET. Then again white women are appearing in more and more of those videos so you might wanna switch stations soon.

I rarely watch BET, you make it like I'm some kind of white guy who talk black, acts black and wants to be black. I seriously doubt that ANYONE that has met me could realistically think that at all.

If more people with my attitude made up the majority then we'd REALLY have people less concerned with dating someone based on physical attributes than what he/she has to offer mentally, emotionally, and most importantly spiritually. You've never seen me give big ups to white women on this site without giving props to sistahs. Sure I talk shyt about latinas a lot, but then again I do find them to be some of the most beautiful and verbaly engaging women in the world. I don't rule out anyone AT ALL where skin tone is concerned. Can u say the same?

Your views are the fundamental basis for the KKK.

Back