Common's view on interracial relationships

CodedLanguage said:
for me honestly. i date outside my race because not that i choose to bjt it just happened that way. i dated black womn before but i married a hispanic because i love her period. most times when you live in the hood for some reason the black women don't have any lady material. i grew up to respect women and respect myself. but most black women THAT I HAVE MET dont respect themselves. i have footage of going to these jamacian parties and women all over the dirty floor, letting grown men jump on them and stuff. wearing half naked clothing. but go to a salsa club where the women are dressed still revieling but you dont touch her if she doesn't want you too. i thinkfor me its a class thing. now dont get me wrong i love black women, shoot my family raised som great women. but i feel in the african american community women with class is out of style.and good succesful black men are looking for a women with class. for example my wife will curse me out at home, not in front of the kids of course, but in public we are respectful to one another even if we are mad at the moment. but to often i see black women cursing, carring on like a dude, in public. that aint attractive. like if i go to the chinese store i meet black women talkin about who they slept wit and who they gonna jump, not saying just black women but anywomen like that i ain't acknowledging.

I totally hear what your saying bredren, but id like to look at it like this... As far as women are concerned , there are going to be fast one in all races just like there are going to be classy ones. There corporate white hoes and black hoes and men if that category too. There are white and black prostitutes and gold diggers , strippers and lets not leave out asian and latin women in these categories. Basically there are low and high class of people regardless of race, maybe more to do with money than anything, but then again like I said, some of the richest people are some of the most horrid people on the planet. But yea good point fam

wow... this thread is from 2005... I think i was with a Vietnamese chick at the time. Man i love all women. If u limit yourself, thats more for me to choose from.

CodedLanguage said:
for me honestly. i date outside my race because not that i choose to bjt it just happened that way. i dated black womn before but i married a hispanic because i love her period. most times when you live in the hood for some reason the black women don't have any lady material. i grew up to respect women and respect myself. but most black women THAT I HAVE MET dont respect themselves. i have footage of going to these jamacian parties and women all over the dirty floor, letting grown men jump on them and stuff. wearing half naked clothing. but go to a salsa club where the women are dressed still revieling but you dont touch her if she doesn't want you too. i thinkfor me its a class thing. now dont get me wrong i love black women, shoot my family raised som great women. but i feel in the african american community women with class is out of style.and good succesful black men are looking for a women with class. for example my wife will curse me out at home, not in front of the kids of course, but in public we are respectful to one another even if we are mad at the moment. but to often i see black women cursing, carring on like a dude, in public. that aint attractive. like if i go to the chinese store i meet black women talkin about who they slept wit and who they gonna jump, not saying just black women but anywomen like that i ain't acknowledging.
Just for the record, this is a pretty f**ked off comment.

Anyone who passes these boards enough sees I'm all about a dark skinned chick. The thing that makes black women(who I find attractive) so attractive is the total opposite of some chick winding on a damn dancefloor.

I'm not trying to tell you how to see life, but, you telling me you've never known of a "respectable strong black woman" is an insult to your sisters, mother, cousins, ect. unless their all ratz too, then damn.

I don't know what "black communities" y'all be in, but you really need to look above that. Not for the sake of dating one, date what you want, but, on a daily, I run into way more respectable black women than ratz. Maybe it's because I don't pay the ratz any attention.

Not arguing or trying to e-beef, just giving my opinion. :cheers:

I've been around a lot (a hell of a lot) of hoodrats and black women who I'd be embarrassed to call my childs mother but I also come across a lot of black women and women who grew up in the hood that are the exact opposite of hoodrats........

The key thing about what he said was the state of the black community. For us that choose white women, I think we have to do what's best for us, and I don't think that choosing a same race partner will change the community.

I date women im attracted too, I dont see race! I think Common was honestly just voicing his opinion, there didnt seem to be any hate coming from what he said. I've dated every type of woman thats out there, people are people!

-Thundertrax

commonswhitemama.jpg

slightly off-topic, but I'm really feelin' the chick on the right. lol

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
Just for the record, this is a pretty f**ked off comment.

Anyone who passes these boards enough sees I'm all about a dark skinned chick. The thing that makes black women(who I find attractive) so attractive is the total opposite of some chick winding on a damn dancefloor.

I'm not trying to tell you how to see life, but, you telling me you've never known of a "respectable strong black woman" is an insult to your sisters, mother, cousins, ect. unless their all ratz too, then damn.

I don't know what "black communities" y'all be in, but you really need to look above that. Not for the sake of dating one, date what you want, but, on a daily, I run into way more respectable black women than ratz. Maybe it's because I don't pay the ratz any attention.

Not arguing or trying to e-beef, just giving my opinion. :cheers:

um i think you mis read what i was saying or i said it wrong. i didnt mean all black women but usually the black women that get mad for dating outside of race dont have class. i respect your opinon on this community but i think u really mis read what i was saying. i've dated black women with no problems. all i think is if you look at our black culture from the beginning since slavery us men were born to breed and not take care of our families. we would be sold to the next slave master and not know our children or parents. many years later the effects of slavery are still present in our overall behavior towards one another. the way we treat women like peices of meat, we fight our own brothers. and us disrespecting our women not by dating outside of our race but by saying they are good enough to bump in the night. but not worth the time to love and be with results in the disrespectful behaivor of themselves. i think men are the keyholders to this planet, and the way we treat women as a whole results in the way we live our lives. i will teach my daughter what a man is not by words but how i treat her mother. and she will expect the same from the men she dates.

CodedLanguage said:
um i think you mis read what i was saying or i said it wrong. i didnt mean all black women but usually the black women that get mad for dating outside of race dont have class. i respect your opinon on this community but i think u really mis read what i was saying. i've dated black women with no problems. all i think is if you look at our black culture from the beginning since slavery us men were born to breed and not take care of our families. we would be sold to the next slave master and not know our children or parents. many years later the effects of slavery are still present in our overall behavior towards one another. the way we treat women like peices of meat, we fight our own brothers. and us disrespecting our women not by dating outside of our race but by saying they are good enough to bump in the night. but not worth the time to love and be with results in the disrespectful behaivor of themselves. i think men are the keyholders to this planet, and the way we treat women as a whole results in the way we live our lives. i will teach my daughter what a man is not by words but how i treat her mother. and she will expect the same from the men she dates.
I respect where you're trying to go and what you're trying to say...but you do alot of generalizing. Even though you know your daughter is mixed, the world will see her as black just like the see Amerie, Tacey Ross, Ray Don Chong, Cam'ron, Irv Gotti, Ashanti, ect. You'd be upset if your black daughter was generalized the same way, would you not?

I'm uspet that you being a black male would generalize all black males and relate it back to slavery. Generalizations limit us more than anything in 2008. The sad thing is our own race does most of the generalizations.

Why do we still act a certain way because of slavery that ended 200 years ago, if Jews don't act a certain way because of the holocaust half a century and for some less than a generation ago?

Again, not arguing, but we all should open our minds.

Deadbeat dads and bichazznikkas come in all creeds, colors, ect. And the one thing I don't make for any of them is excuses. I'm a product of the same slavery as they are. But I'm the one taking care of my kids and there's with my tax money. I'm the one who has to stand up for the women they disrespect.

The problem is generalizations. I'm not arguing, just discussing. Don't take it like I'm on the other end angry, I'm just trying to open minds more.

Sidenote, because of this convo, I paid attention and just came from McDonald's where I seen hoodrat of the century. Purple and brown hair that was two tones brighter than her skin, peachfuzz mustache, chewing gum in McD's drivethru? And when my order was wrong she smacked her lips and gave me the "nikka f**k you" look when I asked her to fix it. So yeah, I'm aware they exsist. lol. :cheers:

Common - Interracial Dating is Disgusting Ft Justin Rockwell

Purchase from itunes now!

Last edited by a moderator:
deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
I respect where you're trying to go and what you're trying to say...but you do alot of generalizing. Even though you know your daughter is mixed, the world will see her as black just like the see Amerie, Tacey Ross, Ray Don Chong, Cam'ron, Irv Gotti, Ashanti, ect. You'd be upset if your black daughter was generalized the same way, would you not?

I'm uspet that you being a black male would generalize all black males and relate it back to slavery. Generalizations limit us more than anything in 2008. The sad thing is our own race does most of the generalizations.

Why do we still act a certain way because of slavery that ended 200 years ago, if Jews don't act a certain way because of the holocaust half a century and for some less than a generation ago?

Again, not arguing, but we all should open our minds.

Deadbeat dads and bichazznikkas come in all creeds, colors, ect. And the one thing I don't make for any of them is excuses. I'm a product of the same slavery as they are. But I'm the one taking care of my kids and there's with my tax money. I'm the one who has to stand up for the women they disrespect.

The problem is generalizations. I'm not arguing, just discussing. Don't take it like I'm on the other end angry, I'm just trying to open minds more.

Sidenote, because of this convo, I paid attention and just came from McDonald's where I seen hoodrat of the century. Purple and brown hair that was two tones brighter than her skin, peachfuzz mustache, chewing gum in McD's drivethru? And when my order was wrong she smacked her lips and gave me the "nikka f**k you" look when I asked her to fix it. So yeah, I'm aware they exsist. lol. :cheers:

Man i actually like this discussion!!! Yeah i do a lot of generalizations but part of me feels that if my brother does wrong i shouldn't be judge for his actions but i still see it as we, not race but men and women. i am my brothers keeper. if one fails and we separate him from the us, then we are just as wrong. for example if my brother kills another man, then its an embarassment for not just my family but all families. and even if someone might feel like "yo i didnt do nothing wrong why they comin at me for" its just to reinforce right from wrong. Damn i sound like my parents. in america i think our freedom has blessed us and also cursed us with immaturity.

Back