black milk vs hi tek

who's better hi tek or black milk

• black milk

Votes: 81 41.1%
  • hi tek

Votes: 116 58.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dude....you have no f^ckin clue what you are talkin about.....

1. Dre has say over EVERY project that comes out of his label...meaning 50's first sh!t, Em's sh!t, and plenty others. If he doesn't like how somethin sounds....it doesn't get put out like that...and I'm talkin bout beats, arrangements, verses, hooks, etc. DITC is dope and all but what have they done lately? Ask Diamond D who the most influentual producer is.....Dr. Dre. You seriously brought up DITC?

2. Premiere is a producer also.....he makes tracks, engineer's, and helps people with there vocal arrangments...Look at the work he's done with Christina Aguilera. Oh wait....your so caught up in your Northeast make-believe world that you probably didn't know he was workin with such acts. Google the two of their names together and tell me he's not a producer. He's one of the top 5 hip-hop producers (not beat-makers) in history.....

3. Puffy rarely has sh!t to do with how people raps. Do you even watch the Making the Band shows.....Puff will come in and turn one knob on the board and take production credit. You seriously need to read more and not just blab bs that you've heard from people.

4. If it wasn't for Dre...Scott Storch would still be nothin but a keyboardist/piano player....he's come a long way since playin wit The Roots but he ain't makin Dre or Timb figures yet. How old are you 18? Don't you remember NWA? Da Chronic? Get the hell outta dodge...

5. Detox is on hold because Dre has other artists projects that he want to work on and put out first. You sure do know alot about Dre for him not to appeal to you. I admit....it's been in the making for years though...

Hi-Tek = DJ/Producer
DJ Premiere = DJ/Producer
Dr. Dre = Producer
Jermaine Dupri = Producer
Me = DJ/Producer
Puffy = Business man/Entertainer
Black Milk = Dope beat-maker
You = Lost...BIG!

and for the record....you didn't hear Dre claimin to be anything. He doesn't need to claim to be a producer.....I'm the one sayin it :cheers:

Last edited:
I know Milk (and his old partner JR), nice guy and has a lot of talent, but when u break it down Hi-Tek has been in the game longer, has more resources (of his own) available to him, and isn't afraid to step out his comfort zone to try something different. On another note I never really found Milk to sound as much like Dilla when he was solo.

-M

Mayh3mDaGlaD8R said:
dude....you have no f^ckin clue what you are talkin about.....

1. Dre has say over EVERY project that comes out of his label...meaning 50's first sh!t, Em's sh!t, and plenty others. If he doesn't like how somethin sounds....it doesn't get put out like that...and I'm talkin bout beats, arrangements, verses, hooks, etc. DITC is dope and all but what have they done lately? Ask Diamond D who the most influentual producer is.....Dr. Dre. You seriously brought up DITC?

2. Premiere is a producer also.....he makes tracks, engineer's, and helps people with there vocal arrangments...Look at the work he's done with Christina Aguilera. Oh wait....your so caught up in your Northeast make-believe world that you probably didn't know he was workin with such acts. Google the two of their names together and tell me he's not a producer. He's one of the top 5 hip-hop producers (not beat-makers) in history.....

3. Puffy rarely has sh!t to do with how people raps. Do you even watch the Making the Band shows.....Puff will come in and turn one knob on the board and take production credit. You seriously need to read more and not just blab bs that you've heard from people.

4. If it wasn't for Dre...Scott Storch would still be nothin but a keyboardist/piano player....he's come a long way since playin wit The Roots but he ain't makin Dre or Timb figures yet. How old are you 18? Don't you remember NWA? Da Chronic? Get the hell outta dodge...

5. Detox is on hold because Dre has other artists projects that he want to work on and put out first. You sure do know alot about Dre for him not to appeal to you. I admit....it's been in the making for years though...

Hi-Tek = DJ/Producer
Dr. Dre = Producer
Me = DJ/Producer
You = Lost...BIG!

and for the record....you didn't hear Dre claimin to be anything. He doesn't need to claim to be a producer.....I'm the one sayin it :cheers:

forgot one thing #3......Dre does the same thing

You make some good points, but dude stop deep throating the Dre's d**k, the perception you are giving is that you are in love with the man.

-M

Mayh3mDaGlaD8R said:
the reason why it hits me like it does is because it has that Detroit sound that Dilla is responsible for. Just like the early Little Brother sh!t....

The "old" detroit sound..........unfortunately nowadays all the mc's want original joints. Majority of the producers up here can't play (myself included) so they look towards the simplicity of one finger melodies/heavy syths/and can't forget the gratuitous use of brass.........styles of the south. Not to mention even if you do have hot production, all the MC's are screaming 7mile/linwood/313/"D" town/Puritan/Fenkell/Conner/and a score of other dumb ass streets, so all the lyrics sound the same (there goes that great production). The fastest way not to get noticed by the majors is to claim Detroit (Thanks Mr. Gordy)
Goto a few hip hop spots if you don't believe me about the Detroit "sound"

-M

Last edited:
hiphopjay said:
Kobe way iller than LeBron homeboy.

LeBron is bigger, stronger, younger and more able bodied on defense (in terms of game changing blocks and energy to keep hands in passing lanes).

Black Milk is fresher in my mind...for Hi-Tek, I gotta think all the way back to Sway and Tek...don't take my word too eagerly though, I am definitely not an underground head.

Hi tek... Hes just a little more creative in my mindbut its a close call

Mayh3mDaGlaD8R said:
Hi-Tek = DJ/Producer
Dr. Dre = Producer
Me = DJ/Producer
You = Lost...BIG!

Black Milk is a rapper too. Just makin sure you dont sell him short.

Damn this is a really tough one
i really like them both they're influential to me

Tek got some heat on G-unit's beg for mercy album no doubt about it
Milk killed it on the Preface album (elzhi)

Speaking about composing, Milk is leaning more towards live instruments now, although Tek did it a long time ago

i can't really decide between them both

this one i would go with black milk because im diggin the caltroit album he did dam some many bangers

Back