Akai MPC 2500

Personally, I think it looks dope. I was thinking it was fake cuz I'm like "why would they make a 2500 with the same interface as the 1000,2000,2000xl" but it does make sense. People are USED to that interface and just want updated features.

If that does turn out to be real, I'm grabbing one

This MAYBE real :

http://www.gearjunkies.com/news_info.php?news_id=812

taken from SPRAQ at mpcforums :

I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH AKAI, UP IN RODE ISLAND. WHAT EVERYONE READ AND SAW IS TRUE 100%. THE MPC2500 IS THE REAL DEAL AND WILL BE THE CROSS BETWEEN THE 2XL AND THE 4000. LEAVING THE 1000 AS THE ENTRY LEVEL LITTLE BROTHER.

THIS IS WHAT MY CONTACT OVER AT AKAI HAD TO SAY ABOUT THE 2500 (i sent him the pic and the spec sheet that is on this site and he came back with corrections/adjustments to it)

Sup sparq?

Yep. That’s the beast. Specs look correct.

You can add a CDRW/80GBHard Drive

Comes standard with 8+2 outs (10)

2midi in 4 midi out

Expandable to 128mb of RAM (way more than 32mb of the MPC2k)

(same ram as the 1K)

Compatible with pretty much every format.

I don’t know who your supplier is, but he did his homework!

Thanks bud.

Akai Professional

Inside Sales

401-658-****
Mailto:*****@akaipro.com

WWW.AKAIPRO.COM

[/color]

if anyone has any questions (reasonable questions) about this, let me know and i'll see if i can get a response.

oh, by the way.... an os update for the 1000 looks like it will not happen until either the end of this year or the beginning of the 1st quarter 2006

Last edited:
That pic is not the truth somebody took there free time to make that pic up we will never know who cause thats how rumors are. The specs are pure bull****. Somebody had fun on photoshop.

oNe

p.s. if this ish was coming out or was in the works why come I aint seen it in the new Scratch or other magazines?

Think people well at least some of you and also if they was to put that out it aint gonna be cheap so all u folks talking bout buying it yeah right get a grip.

I would also like to add, these SAME things were said when the 4000 pics leaked. Folks thought it was a joke and it was announced about a month later.

Hell the SAME thing happened when the ps3 and xbox 360 pics leaked. nobody believed it til a few days later when E3 happened.

Last edited:
missdjcoley-cole said:
p.s. if this ish was coming out or was in the works why come I aint seen it in the new Scratch or other magazines?
thats ridiculous. Akai aren't going to announce they're working on a new MPC in scratch mag. theres been rumours for ages, and its much better for akai to let it continue rather than go ahead an announce it.

i still dont know if this is real, but if it is I know i want one.

Yeah there is a mpc2500 coming out. I saw it. Its about the same size as the 2k. its black , has the same style logo as the 4k logo...2 sliders....pads are in the middle this time...recording buttons and cursors are spread through out the rest of it. It is retailing for $2000. It comes stock with 16mb to start of hard drive space.

Also, Here are some specs on the
MPC 2500: (taken from the web site)

Large graphic LCD display based on the friendly user interface of the MPC series
• MPC’s iconic “feel” and “groove”
• Velocity and pressure sensitive pads allow for expressive programming, with more pad banks
• New Features such as Chopshop, Patched Phrase, Grid Edit, Effect and LFO sync, Mixer Automation, and Input Thru
• Expanded Pattern-based 100,000 notes, 64-track sequencer and 64 external MIDI channels
• 32-voice full-featured 16bit sampler equipped with 16MB of RAM with ability to hold 128 RAM 2) Extensive connectivity
• Two MIDI inputs and four MIDI outputs
• Built-in USB Slave port for connection to a Windows or Mac OS computer
• Built-in 10 analog outputs
• 2 1/4” stereo analog inputs and outputs with 16bit/44.1kHz sampling
• Master/Slave synchronization capabilities: MIDI clock
• 2 Assignable Footswitch inputs 3) Sample Library Compatibility- Compatible with Akai MPC1000 Sequence, .wav, Program, MPC2000/2000XL Sequence, .wav, SND, Program, MPC2500 Sequences, .wav, Programs, MPC3000, Z4/Z8.wav and S5000/6000.wav 4) Extensive sound control
• Extensive sample editing that includes cut and paste, timestretch, slice, resampling etc, with waveform display
• Dynamic resonant multi-mode filters, 2 envelope generators and 1 LFO for each of the 32 voices
• 2 Q-Link sliders and 2 knobs for real-time control over a wide variety of dynamic changes 5) Self-contained
• Optional user installable Internal hard drive to store custom sound libraries and sequences
• Optional user installable CD-RW drive to load CD-ROM libraries, sample Audio CDs, and backup personal data

Musicthing are quoting gearjunkies and the MPC Forums, where this all started. That's not new information.

That thing is ugly. Akai always has released sexy gear, but that thing looks kinda retarded. $2,000? Hard drive doesnt come standard? 128 megs max? That thing is WAY overpriced.

It may be real......but I pitty the fool who'd pay the current estimated price. Jump from the MPC-2000XL to either the MV8K or the MPC-4K. I'd say the MV-8000 way over that spooky looking 25K.
Still no VGA? Akai what's the deal? Only 128mb of ram? Doesn't the 2k support more than that?? Maybe it's just a hoax like others have said.

The MV is real though.....I've got to love it! I used to be a loyal MPC user. Bad customer service, poorly translated manuals, and LED screen that kept going out, while Akai had the parts on a 6 month back order! I had to wait a year total (went out twice) to use something I bought for production. That's not productive!!!

I got a big 19" flat LCD monitor for my MV! :victory: No problems there!

Last edited by a moderator:
if its tru... i hope it spurs Yamaha and Roland to show their hand. i need a new RS7000 on the scene. the 2500 would be directed to people who cant afford the 4000 and the MV8000.

da relic

the 2500 would be directed to people who cant afford the 4000 and the MV8000.

Who knows when/if this will drop but it is fun speculating regardless...

The projected price for the new MPC is $2000..at the price, you can't say that it is for people that can't afford the MV-8000.

This potentially new MPC will hopefully be for us MPC users that would like an updated version with the feel of the legendary previous MPCs and not the computer like feel of the MPC 4000 and MV-8000.

I want an MPC that I can turn on and go...turn off whenever I am done..not having to power down like my PC. I want more hardware...less software...more analog slightly less digital.

14k said:
I got a big 19" flat LCD monitor for my MV! :victory: No problems there!

YOu may be surprised ot hear that I actually like my MPC 1000's smaller LCD screen, for what the MPC is used for.

Large screen forces me to "look around" to find a specific palette or function...

On the MPC, I just use muscle memory to "tap" some buttons and get to a specific palette/function

It is a different workflow.

I DO enjoy the large 19" screen for linear multitrack recording (Cubase SX) and on-screen mixing (SCOPE card)... For "focused" sampling and pattern-building, the smaller screen is well suited.

"more" does not always mean better - in fact in the Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) / UX (User Experience) field, we generally look to make things simple, remove "options" from the task at hand, and make sure it is all predictable (same sequence to get in and out a "mode").

Back