#1 DJ Software?

BPM Studio!!!

So far i've only seen 1 person say BPM Studio... I've tried probably EVERY mp3 mixing software there is, and personally BPM is tha *Shyat* - not even PCDJ can match it (to me that is). And it does do live mixing... I've done MANY gigs with BPM.

mixing with 1 soundcard

NEW USER NEEDS HELP
Is to possible to mix with only 1 soundcard? (using cue -headphones)

If yes: Which software do i need (a free to download, pleas!)?

I have a laptop with a Yamaha YMF754B soundcard

thannnnnnnnks

djDecks allows you to mix with one soundcard.
It can either cue in the rear channel if you have a direct3d-compatible soundcard, or by splitting left and right.

Last edited:
I can say that i've used all of the programs and heres my opinions :

PCDJ - Its easy to use, infact very easy. But I often get annoyed with it.

TRAKTOR - Wow I have to say that this is my new love, has everything I need, and can get the job done well with no hassle.

MIX MEISTER - Its a good program but i'm not to fond of it (sorry)

BPM STUDIO - Its alright, but I woudln't reccomend it.

and finnally KraMixer (http://download.com.com/3000-2139-10144851.html?tag=lst-0-1)

This program couldn't be any easier, has effects you can use and everything, if your a n00b and just wanna play around KraMixer is the one for you

Peace & Music
DjTux
http://www.mp3.com/djtux

Hi, I use CoolEdit Pro 2.0 for sampling music. Although I know a lot of features of CoolEdit, there is still one special effect I can't find (so I'm afraid it's not available), an effect that lot of dj's use for mixing their music: I'm talking about the retrigger-function for creating a stammer- or stutter-effect... Is there some DirectX plug-in to enable this option or should I try to find another sampling-program? Actually I can't understand that such cool feature wouldn't be integrated in a program who calls itself a "good" music-program.

I hope you can help me...

:cry:

i' ve been using acid for 2 years to create my remixes

i think you should ask you self , what do you want to do :rolleyes:

Fumbling on Ecstasy said:
Forgive me for my ignorance, I strictly produce. I don't DJ. Where is the art in using software to mix tunes? Considering Djing with tables a musical art form is stretching it, let alone using software. Someone please explain???

Im a producer too... but what you are saying just seems silly ... I mean i agree with the fact that most dj's are simply overrated and often take credit for the work of a producer...but on the other hand i love mixing my own tunes and fave tunes just for the sheer hell of it....its fun...producing can get very tedious at times listening to the same bits n pieces over and over again untill ya happy with what ya tryin to achieve ... by that time you could of lost all inspiration or become deaf to your own composing....mixing is for fun man...

PCDJ Red or Traktor DJ??

Hi All,
I'm new to all this. And after going through the threads, I still can't decide on which mixing software to get. I've tried both demos but probably have not been able to check out all it's features yet.

I can't afford Traktor DJ Studio so it's between Traktor DJ and PCDJ RED (there's a fantastic offer from recordpool I can't resist!). Any advise?

Dan

I recently attended a workshop from Native INstrument son Traktor DJ Studio. THis software blows the hell out of PCDJ Red without question. The only thing you need though is a soundcard with 4 audio outs (2 stereo out channels) one stereo out for each player and you have the equivalent of 2 turntables but better.

Believe me, I saw this thing in action and it is amazing!

I know, Traktor DJ Studio looks impresseive. But so is the price tag...:cry: If you were to choose between Traktor DJ (Compact version) and PCDJ Red, which will you go for?

Dan

I would pick Traktor DJ if you have an appropriate soundcard. PCDJ Red is fun for tinkering around and you can DJ with it as long as you dont have to do any serious beatmatching but if you wanna DJ in real clubs eventually with good sets and some nice professional style live mixing, Traktor is the way to go IMO. I've seen DJ's use it live and the guys developing it for NI are veteran DJ's of Breakbeat and Trance as well. It works exactly the same or better as having two turntables and a mixer. And you can even use it with an external DJ Mixer if you prefer.

Vanian,
Thanks for your advice.
So you're saying that even the Traktor DJ cpmpact version is good enough?

Dan

Well Im not sure what features it has but if it has the standard mixer and the two MP3 players then it is still the equvalent of two turntables.

THis is just MY opinion though. I cant afford turntables and a new stack of vinyl so Im looking for the closest thing I can get to actually physically spinning and mixing acutaly vinyl and this is it. Im sure there are certain benefits to PCDJ red but Ive payed with it and its not nearly as flexible or as easy to use for alot of the "real-time" things you could do with Vinyl wheich Traktor can.

and don't forget traktor's backspinning is wicked when u set it to vinyl mode... Surely the best out there with a huge difference but the current version is so damn buggy and the developers are concentrating on Final Scratch Traktor instead of the real software version ...I guess all we have to do is wait a bit longer ...

totally disagree

Actually,

I have played extensively with both traktor and PCDJ (with DAC-2 controller) and beatmatching with PCDJ and it's autobpm extraction process is much easier. Did you find out how to use this function? my guess is that you didn't, as it works much better then the Traktor sync functions. Did you find out how to loop on the fly with PCDJ? also seemless. There is allot more then meets the eye with the PCDJ software...they kept the interface simplistic on purpouse, as to keep it easy to navigate on in a dark club lit environment.

There are some great things in Traktor, like the waveform display....but to say its a better product then PCDJ is just wrong. Traktor still has some known stability issues....they are aware of them. I have used PCDJ RED in the field for 3 years without fail...it's a very tried and testing stable software program.

Plus, PCDJ will be shipping their new PCDJ FX software tomorrow....this should be a huge leap for them, I would definatly suggest checking it out before you purchase anything,

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm actually considering Traktor DJ mixer for a start. The main reason lies in the fact that they have the auto beatmatching and scratch function and to play with. The waveform is also a big plus as you can actually "see" the cue points.

I have also tried PCDJ RED and I must admit that it tends to be much more stable than Traktor DJ Mixer (both demo though). It seems like the bpm matching is more accurate although it doesn't automatically sync the beats while playing. The only problem is the price tag. I can get Traktor DJ Mixer for $39 with all the features that PCDJ Red has, and more.

I haven't made up my mind yet though. Will do more testing before I decide. No Hurry.

Back