#1 DJ Software?

D

DJ Zaki

okay after reading all these threads, what's the bottom line best DJ software which is not too outrageously expensive?

ACID PRO 3.0

Traktor DJ

etc

What is it? :monkey:

Programs can range anywhere from $40 to $800. IMO, any software that can help you perform is already worth its price.

The questions you should ask yourselves are: What do you need? Does the program suit your needs? Will it suit your needs a year or two from now?

I can tell you that OtsJuke is the best, but that is only because it suits my needs. Others will say Traktor, DJ Power, PCDJ, DiscoMixx, and even Virtual Turntables.

My suggestion is to try as many as you can, and see which is best for you. The following links you to a ton of MP3 DJ software:

http://www.mp3machine.com

Sorry I couldn't be much help, but only you can decide what is best for you.

Yeah forget Acid. Acid rocks as a production tool but its a nightmare trying to mix tracks.

If you wanna try to do it live without turntables but the same effect, use Traktor. It is probly the best realtime one. Although I still think it pales in comparison to real turntables or CDJs. The response time is just a little of on computers making it more difficult to queue up tempos and start a track right at the exact right moment.

If you wanna just get a nice long mix and dont care about doing it live, I recommend MIXMEISTER. It is by far the best IMO. It works similar to Acid as far as the interface is laid out and its so easy to mix songs together plus you have control to add in your own sounds and drum track son top to help out a mix. The only drawback for Mixmeister is that it doesnt have a Midange Level adjustment which bites but theres still enough advantages over Traktor for me to stick with it and just compensate however I need to.

Hope that helps a bit.

Not even, PCDJ with Numark DMC and mixer of your choice....ultimate in performance and real time control. And they are beta testing a new effects package for PCDJ RED that includes many FX, master tempo, real time internal recording, WMA file support, and new and improved sound engine. In my opinion as well, definatly the most stable on the market...i use it at a 3000 compasity club every Friday and Saturday night without fail. Also, it has by far the best BPM extraction on the market today....caculating the bpm to the 4th decimal place...to the 1000th of the beat. Obviously makes beat matching too easy.

Definatly my tool of choice, but have licensed copies of Traktor and BPM studios.....I would definatly place Traktor as a close second, and BPM third. Ots Juke and DJ power are just don't cut it for performance style Djing...beat matching and creative real time controll.

Heya,

I've used traktor and PCDJ Red, Tractor is good, but like it was stated in another post it's noisy depending on where your soundcard is. PCDJ Red is extremely easy to use and gets the job done with little or no hassle.

peace, laterz:victory:
xenon

I agree.......

PCDJ is my choice for preformance and stability. Trackor is just too clunkie.

i have tested all and i stick to discomix pro b/c it's the best.
best bpm extraction and beat-match
i use mixmester for mixed cd.. pretty good but don't work with live.
trator is another good one..
i hve no luck with pcdj

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive me for my ignorance, I strictly produce. I don't DJ. Where is the art in using software to mix tunes? Considering Djing with tables a musical art form is stretching it, let alone using software. Someone please explain???

Considering Djing with tables a musical art form is stretching it

go see the dmcs!

i think the thing you have to accept is that mixing isnt really trying to pass itself off as a musical instrument. it is a talent and can be an artform, but its a lot about creating moods.

who cares what mixing is and what it isnt, shuttup (not you personally :p) and enjoy the music!

where's? demo? i don't expect much frokm 2.0..better stick with VDM

Re: BPM Studio

This program won't work in live mix.
but i love the sound out put.. but wht the need with built in cd writer? takes a lot of system resources

amdmaxx said:
no one mentions BPM Studio 4.6?

PCDJ ONLY MATCH BPM NOT BEAT :bat:

VDMX is da best in terms of beat match..
da truth
beleive it or not.:)

Back