Sound The Horns (FREE TRACK) - Come one, come all! F4F

• Thread starter Str8 A's Productions
  • Start date
Woah so much passion went into this, I love it bruh. I mean there is nothing particular that needs work everything is great but what I personally would have appreciated was if the brass was a little more high filtered and wasn't so wide but that's just me.

Thanks a lot homie! What do you mean by less wide on the brass?

- A

Thanks for the drop buddy. I head this joint on your official site before you had the soundclick up. Was reading over your bio and from the first few tracks I gave an ear I instantly knew jazz was a major influence inyour style. You have been putting in a lot of work lately. Keep it up buddy...

Im returning feed on your beat ingrained because ive already left feed on the sound the horns beat... Im diggin this beat man , it gives me a pharrell neptunes type vibe, i like how the low end hits hard as well.. keep it up

Cool, thanks a lot guys. Feed returned!

Glad you enjoyed my stuff and wow, pharrell neptunes, really? Thanks a lot man!

- A

Very jazzy feeling my dude. Sounds seem a little generic tho... I feel like a little reverb behind that electric piano and those horns would add another dimension and really give this some flavor. It does however have a great amount of variation and everything flows really well. Try getting your sounds to pop and maybe layer your drums and you will be on your way! Cool vibes tho dude!!!

Thanks a bunch scenex! I'm actually going to fix Sound The Horns this weekend taking into account all of the suggestions I can. Also, releasing two new beats so stay tuned.

- A

Thanks for the feedback bro.

Your musical composition is great, but i don't think the sounds are complimenting you're talent unfortunately. I'd try to experiment with as many VSTi's as you can, you can find some pretty realistic/industry standard synths that'll pull off you're idea better for you. You can also find things that are close and with a bit of manipulation things come together.

Hope this makes sense/helps.

Keep at it!

like that jazzy feel but i feel like the drums could be more hard hitting
didnt like the sounds used, try to find better quality ones or mess up with the volume and add some reverb...
composition wise it was a great track, it will sound perfect with live instruments
keep it up

Last edited:
Hey man thanks a lot for the feedback! Do you know any good sound packages to use?

- A

this instrumental is making me remember good times :)
Its a very good instrumental i think that you could make the violin sound more natural by playing it a bit off , or its just me !!
Anyway i really liked it and you should really keep working on straight A's ;) !

Yo, I think I said something similar last time I listened to your beats, but your musical intuition is real developed. I definitely liked the composition and the arrangement, I wouldn't change any of that. I like your grasp of harmony. I just think if the horns and violins where being played live it would add a new dimension of texture that would really lift this beat up a few notches. The violin and the horn part as written are definitely cool, its just the sounds I'm not quite feeling. Also the drums sounded kind of keyboardy for like of a better term. They did the job but maybe some better drum sounds would sound better. Also, that droplets of rain beat makes me feel like I'm listening to some hip hopified 70's Stevie Wonder shit. I like it when producers incorporate legitimate composition skills into their shit.

dope man...... shish is ligit..... great vibe..... love how the melodies intertwine with one another.... great mix.....imma have to snatch one ya beats for next project

Sure man, go ahead. Send me the final product you get out of one of my tracks. I'd love to hear it! I'm actually coming out with a new, updated version of Sound The Horns this coming weekend so you can stay tuned for that. If you want you can download the version you checked out and soon enough I'll have the new one up, so you can choose which one you like more. In the newer I took into account everybody's comments and suggestions.

- A

Diggin your Jazz vibes! It's always good to see something a bit different. I like your instrumentation, everything has it's own room to do what it needs too. Your basslines could use some pop though, try experimenting with syncopation a bit more. It works wonders!

right off the bat like the vibes, feelin this track, but the mix feels kinda dry, maybe play aroundwith reverb n stuff so its got more space n movement to it... still good vibes on this.

Hey bro, thanks so much for your feed on my track. I was out of town but just returned and wanted to return the feed!

I'm not sure if this is a new thread but I've actually heard this track of yours before. It's super dope - I do love the guitar melody and the horns are slick as hell. I love the vibe you got going here and the whole mixture of elements is really killer. If I had any suggestions it would be to spice up the sound of that violin in the mix. It wouldn't take much, maybe some saturation and even a small delay send for some more ambience would really make it have some more character, but the melody itself is dope.

Great to hear this one again - I'm a big fan!

Cheers!

As you've mentioned guys, I reworked the violin and actually added some more percussion to the drums as well as remixed the whole thing. I think the final product is gonna be great. I'm actually releasing it this weekend so you can stay tuned for that. Hcgaron I wanted to know how long you've been producing for, just out of curiosity?

- A

As you've mentioned guys, I reworked the violin and actually added some more percussion to the drums as well as remixed the whole thing. I think the final product is gonna be great. I'm actually releasing it this weekend so you can stay tuned for that. Hcgaron I wanted to know how long you've been producing for, just out of curiosity?

- A

I've been producing music for about 2 and a half years seriously - but I have been a professional musician for a number of years. Before I turned to producing I did a lot of performing and recorded with some other people so the transition for me meant learning engineering and some electronic music elements but I think some of the other experiences of mine really help me.

You're sounding dope man - just keep it up. I like your style a lot and I can't wait to hear more!

Back