propellerheads are soon gonna announce something new/ The Reason 5 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ F or Deaf, Have you tried the M Class Mastering suite in Record/Reason? Man I am so loving this thing, man it just takes your music to a whole new level then you hit compressor on the Master bus and it's like BAMMMMMMM! all in your face good. I can't stop working in Record lol You can have a nice quality sounding track, it's just amazing. IMO Props did a good job, I'm not going to even ask for anything else what they gave is good, I will just be patient and let them do what they do.

naw...i ain't even busted out Record yet...

i'm waitin' on my book first!

that's just the way i prefer to learn apps...

i already got the Record Ask Video DVD, but i wanted to watch that AFTER i read the book...just to confirm everything...

i'll have Record down pat by the end of the year...no rush.
:)

naw...i ain't even busted out Record yet...

i'm waitin' on my book first!

that's just the way i prefer to learn apps...

i already got the Record Ask Video DVD, but i wanted to watch that AFTER i read the book...just to confirm everything...

i'll have Record down pat by the end of the year...no rush.
:)

I hear you bro. You're going to have fun :) Man this Voices of Passions from Eastwest is off the dam chain! I am about to load the new version of Play so I can rock Hollywood strings and the Composers collection, I had to roll back to PT 8.0 because the Core Audio in 8.0.1 was giving Eastwest a Problem now it's working so right now I am going to load the new Play into my Mac and See how the Hollywood strings sound, I am about to have some fun for realz lol I am about to make some fyah ! Ima get missing for this weekend you will know where I am, I gots that down town cause next week going to be hectic. So if you don't hear from me you know the deal.

not sure what you are saying here...

there are different devices in Reason (i.e. you cant load a nn-xt sample into thor)....
yes but u can go to create instrument type in snares and get a list of all of the snare sounds on your hard drive that have the word snare in them as long as a reason device supports it in every device format. if u only do this from the device u plan on using it wont show u the ones it doesnt use obviously but i try to avoid doing that.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

how do you do that (change sounds from your midi controller)?

what is the midi number or cc message?

that is a work flow improvement...
you assign it with midi learn the feature has always been there. its preset to the mute solo buttons on channel 8 on the bcf 2000. if its not preset on your midi controller go options -->>> additonal remote overrides then select patch for target device. and use midi learn to assign sounds that way

@F or Deaf,

Man it's looking real good, EastWest IS THE BOMB! Hollywood Strings is incredible! Oh my Gawd! Voices of Passion is sick, Storm drum is bananas! I am going to sample all the Storm drums make a refill so I can play all their drums in Record lol

First I have to load some of these joints from the Composer's Collection, there are mad disk, right now I am loading Silk, and that's two disk. Next I will do Gypsy then get in the bed and do some tomorrow. Because After that I gotta load up Symphonic Choirs which is 6 disk whew! then all of Spectrasonics stuff, Omni, Atmos and RMX then I am finished all my products will be in my computer at last! :smokinFP:

@F or Deaf,

Man it's looking real good, EastWest IS THE BOMB! Hollywood Strings is incredible! Oh my Gawd! Voices of Passion is sick, Storm drum is bananas! I am going to sample all the Storm drums make a refill so I can play all their drums in Record lol

Storm Drum sounds dope...

does it just have a cool name, or is that joint really off the chains???

Storm Drum sounds dope...

does it just have a cool name, or is that joint really off the chains???

Nah the sound of them is amazing than the name. I love the Taiko Drums ohhhhhh man! I am going to make me an Orchestral drum kit as a refill after I finish loading all these programs and rock them in Record. I am so loving this right now. I was given some other drums that are dope too by this movie guy, man they sound dope, it's crazy. I am about to have a field day! Storm Drum sound so dope you don't even have to try and tweak them! If you wanna add reverb or delay you can but they are just dope to def!

OMFG:

you wasn't kiddin'!!!

:rofl: Dang you went and found a video? lol you good man lol hahah Yo Deaf what is that he running that in, Cubase or Logic? don't look like Logic.

Yo man that's movie material, I am loving this, man listen I am so excited I dont know what to do lol Record just put me on another plato!

with the combo of the MPC + Record I am going to do some serious damage, Now I am were I need to be, thanks to Record.

Last edited:
what is that he running that in, Cubase or Logic? don't look like Logic

you right...i think it's Cubase too...

man, i'm shocked at the drums tho man...

do you already own Storm Drum now? or are you planning on getting it later?

i'm feeling REALLY fascinated & inspired by the sounds i'm hearing from that thing!

you right...i think it's Cubase too...

man, i'm shocked at the drums tho man...

do you already own Storm Drum now? or are you planning on getting it later?

i'm feeling REALLY fascinated & inspired by the sounds i'm hearing from that thing!

No I own Storm drum, I just put it in a lil while ago now I am installing Ra.

You wanna pee in your pants and cry at the same time? LOL :rofl: Go to you tube and look up "symphonic choirs " by eastwest and tell me what you think, I have that too.

I have

EastWest first products I purchased:

Hollywood Strings
Storm drum
Symphonic Choirs
Goliath [got this for free when I purchased Symphonic Choirs]:)

Composers Collection EastWest:

Ra
Gypsy
Piano Gold
Symphonic Orchestra Gold
Ministries of Rock <------ THE REALIST ROCK GUITARS FROM A COMPANY I HAVE EVERY HEARD IN MY LIFE!!!
Silk
Voices of Passion

EastWest is real dope, I am loving it. Don't have to buy nothing else I am straight!

Last edited:
No I own Storm drum, I just put it in a lil while ago now I am installing Ra.

You wanna pee in your pants and cry at the same time? LOL :rofl: Go to you tube and look up "symphonic choirs " by eastwest and tell me what you think, I have that too.

I have

EastWest first products I purchased:

Hollywood Strings
Storm drum
Symphonic Choirs
Goliath [got this for free when I purchased Symphonic Choirs]:)

Composers Collection EastWest:

Ra
Gypsy
Piano Gold
Symphonic Orchestra Gold
Ministries of Rock <------ THE REALIST ROCK GUITARS FROM A COMPANY I HAVE EVERY HEARD IN MY LIFE!!!
Silk
Voices of Passion

EastWest is real dope, I am loving it. Don't have to buy nothing else I am straight!

yeah man...i'm actually listening to a lot of east west stuff on soundsonline.com at the moment...

AMAZING.

but east west stuff doesn't come in .wav's???

yeah man...i'm actually listening to a lot of east west stuff on soundsonline.com at the moment...

AMAZING.

but east west stuff doesn't come in .wav's???

Ohhhh no no no my brother. The programs I mentioned don't come in wav format they have their own "ews" program that has to open in their interface only. Their interface is so dope and easy to use. I mean you can make things sound crazy hot! I will sample some of the sounds like Storm Drum one shot hits, turn them into wav and put them in a refill and use them in Record. I'm going to F**K some heads up for real with Record now!

Ohhhh no no no my brother. The programs I mentioned don't come in wav format they have their own "ews" program that has to open in their interface only. Their interface is so dope and easy to use. I mean you can make things sound crazy hot! I will sample some of the sounds like Storm Drum one shot hits, turn them into wav and put them in a refill and use them in Record. I'm going to F**K some heads up for real with Record now!

hell yeah...

these sounds are HOT.

i was always wondering where Hollywood was getting their sounds from...now it makes perfect sense!

VSTi sound-quality wise, it's soundin' like NI & EW got the game on LOCK so far...

hell yeah...

these sounds are HOT.

i was always wondering where Hollywood was getting their sounds from...now it makes perfect sense!

VSTi sound-quality wise, it's soundin' like NI & EW got the game on LOCK so far...

Yeah man it's crazy! Yeah Hollywood get the best sounds and the composers aint no joke. That's why I got what I got because I just don't do hiphop, I do other genres and I am getting into video, flim/Tv got publishing deal I gotta sign Monday and I am going to roll with this cat name Greg Kavna, he likes my style and how I view all music. I never though I would be here, I guess you mature over time, I love the Orchestra classical music now. I am a Piano, guitar and Strings man and I love a nice piece that is composed well.

NI I can't mess with them after what I went through with Kore 2. 3 weeks I went through hell trying to get that thing working, poor support and I gave up and sold that joint and I am never dealing with NI again, I don't care what they got.

My three big companies I love for their pristine sounds are:

Spectrasonics, Eastwest and Ik Multimedia. Those are the three main joints in my studio, Xpand, and Hybrid from PT is dope too, can't front. But I am going to put Record to the test with these sounds. Right now I am loading in Silk that is four disk. The longest disk installation is 9 disk of the Piano Gold from EW I will do that later today, because everything else is 5 disk and shorter. It's been a long night installing!

Soon I will put up a lil orchestral joint in Record and I just have to get all the sounds that I need sampled and put in a refill, that's going to take a minute and then do a nice joint in Record let you see how it comes out!

Last edited:
im not a big spectrasonics fan but they gave good vsti to me, eastwest is dope i give them that but yo danoc i think there a program called chicken translator where you convert all of the vsti to reason formats . i have to see what thats about. oh yeah back to the what the thread is originally about reason 5 is crazy i found out some crazy things with kong woo hoo. but back to this fanboy thing. i think one of the reason props users are so dedicated to reason/record is because on the forum we actually hold conversation with the prop designers/marketing team and tech support. which in sense give the customer a best feel of the product that we actually use. james bernard is cool as hell. and believe it or not the owner of reason is cool as shit too i met him last year at the reason producer convention last year when record was first announced.

Last edited:
im not a big spectrasonics fan but they gave good vsti to me, eastwest is dope i give them that but yo danoc i think there a program called chicken translator where you convert all of the vsti to reason formats . i have to see what thats about. oh yeah back to the what the thread is originally about reason 5 is crazy i found out some crazy things with kong woo hoo. but back to this fanboy thing. i think one of the reason props users are so dedicated to reason/record is because on the forum we actually hold conversation with the prop designers/marketing team and tech support. which in sense give the customer a best feel of the product that we actually use. james bernard is cool as hell. and believe it or not the owner of reason is cool as shit too i met him last year at the reason producer convention last year when record was first announced.

I like Atmos and Omni and RMX, The way you can drag and drop and make 4 bar loops and play over stuff is ridiculous. Those sounds they have are not just sounds they are musical sounds and you can play them, that's what I like. I love the sounds of RMX with the disk, kicks and snares, top notch. Their sounds rocked Avatar and District 9 and other Film and that's what I like about them too.

For me I just wanna turn the one shots into refills so I can use them in Record, the other big sounds I will leave them in the product because I love their interface especially Eastwest products. I love their interface, it looks hot, yet it's so easy to use and IT JUST WORKS!

So all my tracks I did in the MPC will be transfered to Record for the final mix, no if and or buts about it anymore. Record is my musical callin lol I will check you and the others Monday or Tuesday, gotta lotta stuff to do.

Peace

i think there a program called chicken translator where you convert all of the vsti to reason formats .

how does chicken translator handle keyswitching, articulations and scripting that some vsti have (i.e. kontakt, east west quantum leap, etc)?

next, question,

doesnt the devices you load these samples into after translating have to have keyswitching, articulations and scripting features in them for them to work like the vsti?

keyswitching, articulations and scripting (kontakt only) makes these products what they are (e.i. spectrasonics, ewql, kontakt, etc)...

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

yes but u can go to create instrument type in snares and get a list of all of the snare sounds on your hard drive that have the word snare in them as long as a reason device supports it in every device format. if u only do this from the device u plan on using it wont show u the ones it doesnt use obviously but i try to avoid doing that.

kontakt and spectrasonic pretty much work in a similar fashion...

you assign it with midi learn the feature has always been there. its preset to the mute solo buttons on channel 8 on the bcf 2000. if its not preset on your midi controller go options -->>> additonal remote overrides then select patch for target device. and use midi learn to assign sounds that way

thanks!!!!

i did not know that...

i have to give it a try!!!!!

Last edited:
I will give Props props for customer service. I got some great service from them yesterday. Well I had a nigga moment and then got good service anyway lol. Most companys wouldn't have done what he did though which makes me even happier. Basically Ive been talking in this thread a few times about my copy of Recycle that I bought 7 years ago and could never register due to being screwed over with the registration well after a long convo over email with Craig discussing with him my issues Ive had with the company (I have had several) without even looking into seeing if I was telling the truth (i was but theres no way for him to really check) he gave me a free license for Recycle 2.1.2 and not only that but its not an NFR its a real license that I can upgrade or sell if I want to. No company would do that but he did because he was that dedicated to keeping a happy customer. That to me is great customer service most of these daw company's could care less about you after you pay them not Props and that kind of showed that to me.

In all honesty I could care less about keyswitching lol but that's just me I have no use for that feature in my software but if that what floats your boat be my guest, I need real guitars ill call up my guitar player to record straight into reason I chop up the parts I like and go in. I'm just talking about the sound all the features of the vsti I really don't desire.. I'm good with what I have now which is more than enough to get the job done and sell some beats.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

I will give Props props for customer service. I got some great service from them yesterday. Well I had a nigga moment and then got good service anyway lol. Most companys wouldn't have done what he did though which makes me even happier. Basically Ive been talking in this thread a few times about my copy of Recycle that I bought 7 years ago and could never register due to being screwed over with the registration well after a long convo over email with Craig discussing with him my issues Ive had with the company (I have had several) without even looking into seeing if I was telling the truth (i was but theres no way for him to really check) he gave me a free license for Recycle 2.1.2 and not only that but its not an NFR its a real license that I can upgrade or sell if I want to. No company would do that but he did because he was that dedicated to keeping a happy customer. That to me is great customer service most of these daw company's could care less about you after you pay them not Props and that kind of showed that to me.

That's what I'm saying props actually listen to there members people also have to remember that props is a small company very small company that has build a great reputation with its products and I think it because of the limitations that what makes it so great. But how come no one complains about fl not being mac osx compatable

kontakt and spectrasonic pretty much work in a similar fashion...

thanks!!!!

i did not know that...

i have to give it a try!!!!!
do those vsts do it for their own bank or every sound on your system?

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

In all honesty I could care less about keyswitching lol but that's just me I have no use for that feature in my software but if that what floats your boat be my guest, I need real guitars ill call up my guitar player to record straight into reason I chop up the parts I like and go in. I'm just talking about the sound all the features of the vsti I really don't desire.. I'm good with what I have now which is more than enough to get the job done and sell some beats.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

That's what I'm saying props actually listen to there members people also have to remember that props is a small company very small company that has build a great reputation with its products and I think it because of the limitations that what makes it so great. But how come no one complains about fl not being mac osx compatable
small is right. I have worked for local companies bigger than props. During my emails with Craig I was told they only have 30 employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back