propellerheads are soon gonna announce something new/ The Reason 5 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to agree with you with sound banks too...

i use to think that having all the latest greatest vsti/sound banks was the way to go...

having too many sounds becomes overwhelming...

that is why i am at the point i purchase dedicated sound libraries (i.e. horn, bass, e piano, acoustic piano, etc) and only use one synth even though i own a few...

again...

there is a very thin line between complexity and simplicity...

i like to keep things simple...

simplicity = productivity...

imo....

:sing:

Agreed, I feel that its more important to know your sounds well, than to have Hundreds of GIGs of sounds just to say you have them. Searching for sounds can be difficult and counter productive if you have overloaded yourself with fluff.

cosign even though i have 100 gbs of sound to my disposal i may not use all them but i know i have them when i need them. now what i did was i broke sound all those refills by category in reason, so everything is seperate by guitar, piano, bass,synth lead, pads, choirs, etc.. i feel thats the only way i can work that way to make thing easier for me.if your sounds are not organized it can make things more time consuming and can make a person counter productive.

Last edited:
i have to agree with you with sound banks too...

i use to think that having all the latest greatest vsti/sound banks was the way to go...

having too many sounds becomes overwhelming...

that is why i am at the point i purchase dedicated sound libraries (i.e. horn, bass, e piano, acoustic piano, etc) and only use one synth even though i own a few...

again...

there is a very thin line between complexity and simplicity...

i like to keep things simple...

simplicity = productivity...

imo....

:sing:
thats one of the reasons i like Reason to be honest. I can have a ton of sounds but its easy to go through them to find exactly what i need quickly and easily. I have not found a vst or a vst host that has the ease of finding sounds like Reason does

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

cosign even though i have 100 gbs of sound to my disposal i may not use all them but i know i have them when i need them. now what i did was i broke sound all those refills by category in reason, so everything is seperate by guitar, piano, bass,synth lead, pads, choirs, etc.. i feel thats the only way i can work that way to make thing easier for me.if your sounds are not organized it can make things more time consuming and can make a person counter productive.
agreed. i wish that we could also save your favorites listing in Reason. For some reason they dont want to do this. It was possible in Version 3 and got removed in version 4.

I have not found a vst or a vst host that has the ease of finding sounds like Reason does

stylus rmx, omnisphere (with trilian samples loaded in) and kontakt (especially with the new batch re-save function, plus the browser in kontakt sort all your sounds/instruments across sound libraries. same concept as kore 2)...

i know...

the APC looks perfect...

between the axiom pro and APC i would never (ok not never but almost never) have to touch the mouse...

it would fit my workflow perfectly...

I use the APC, a MPD 32, and a Remote 37 SL. I only touch the mouse to pick sounds and effects. Composing is almost mouse free. It's such a small part of composing that I don't mind the amount of mousing that is necessary with this set up.

I use the APC, a MPD 32, and a Remote 37 SL. I only touch the mouse to pick sounds and effects. Composing is almost mouse free. It's such a small part of composing that I don't mind the amount of mousing that is necessary with this set up.

Im hoping that one day propellerheads will create a dedicated controller that integrates with reason on the level that the APC40 interacts with Live. I think this would be a logical step for them development wise. Right now all the controllers for Reason are generic or learned(via midi).

Im hoping that one day propellerheads will create a dedicated controller that integrates with reason on the level that the APC40 interacts with Live. I think this would be a logical step for them development wise. Right now all the controllers for Reason are generic or learned(via midi).

do i hear law suit?

i do not know how you could model the ssl mixer into a controller with it looking just like the real thing...

i think Props spent a few dollars on lawyers on the verbiage "modeled after the legendary ssl mixer"...

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

i am still on live 7...

i do not think APC is supported by live 7...

do i hear law suit?

i do not know how you could model the ssl mixer into a controller with it looking just like the real thing...

i think Props spent a few dollars on lawyers on the verbiage "modeled after the legendary ssl mixer"...

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

i am still on live 7...

i do not think APC is supported by live 7...

Oh naw bro Im just talking about Reason, not record. Record is a different beast and would need a different sort of controller in my opinion. Reason doesnt have the SSL emulation.

Oh naw bro Im just talking about Reason, not record. Record is a different beast and would need a different sort of controller in my opinion. Reason doesnt have the SSL emulation.

after this thread i think of Reason as the Record/Reason combo...

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

It is. If you have the latest version of 7.

thanks!!!!

after this thread i think of Reason as the Record/Reason combo...

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

thanks!!!!

Without a doubt they are a combo! I look at Reason as the modern day workstation (keyboard) and Record as a Proprietary DAW for that workstation (keyboard). I'm looking for Props to dedicate a controller to their workstation. Additionally I could see a Controller for Record similar to a Mackie Control Universal.

Without a doubt they are a combo! I look at Reason as the modern day workstation (keyboard) and Record as a Proprietary DAW for that workstation (keyboard). I'm looking for Props to dedicate a controller to their workstation. Additionally I could see a Controller for Record similar to a Mackie Control Universal.

Yo my boy just purchased the Mackie Control Universal and it works all the functions in Record, it's a hot piece! it looks pro like also, that Mackie is kinda hot!

stylus rmx, omnisphere (with trilian samples loaded in) and kontakt (especially with the new batch re-save function, plus the browser in kontakt sort all your sounds/instruments across sound libraries. same concept as kore 2)...
with every vst on your hard drive or just their own or just in it self. Reason does it for any refill on your hard drive. Thats what Im talking about

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

almost? the only time i use the mouse now is to go from folder to folder inside the browser in reason once im in a folder i can change sounds from my midi controller

with every vst on your hard drive or just their own or just in it self. Reason does it for any refill on your hard drive. Thats what Im talking about

not sure what you are saying here...

there are different devices in Reason (i.e. you cant load a nn-xt sample into thor)....

FYI Mackie Control Universal PRO, and the target word is PRO, not the old MCU, is not discontinued, this is a newer version that my boy has and it looks like this!

osy354.jpg

And they have them in stores!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=Mackie+Control+Universal+Pro

Last edited:
almost? the only time i use the mouse now is to go from folder to folder inside the browser in reason once im in a folder i can change sounds from my midi controller

how do you do that (change sounds from your midi controller)?

what is the midi number or cc message?

that is a work flow improvement...

Last edited:
@ F or Deaf, Have you tried the M Class Mastering suite in Record/Reason? Man I am so loving this thing, man it just takes your music to a whole new level then you hit compressor on the Master bus and it's like BAMMMMMMM! all in your face good. I can't stop working in Record lol You can have a nice quality sounding track, it's just amazing. IMO Props did a good job, I'm not going to even ask for anything else what they gave is good, I will just be patient and let them do what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back