Fl studio or Reason?

thanks every body for the advice i like fl studio i just be at guitar center and they always try to stare me in that direction, i dont u se stock sounds at all anymore but its hard for me to find more sounds and vst's if you have any info for me on sounds please share if you want.

do w/e works for you...nobody uses stock sounds cuz we've gotten past that (or so yall say,cuz I will tweak something and use it if appropriate cuz the average listener don't know stock sounds of nothing and I don't go into a beatsession saying 'ok,I'm not using stock sounds NO MATTER WHAT!!!"..my creativity and talent does not limit me or put me above using any sound.any sound can come in handy.the only ppl that recognize stock sounds of anything are other producers and thas not who I make my beats for)..as a matter of fact,most of my basslines come from a bass sample from a reason library or refill and when it's thundering nobody knows nothing,not that I care.my opinion is from a basic pov..if all I had was enough money for either FL or reason,no plugins and nothing to rewire ,and I just wanna make beats the best way I can right now,something to get my feet wet , I'm buying reason...I'm from the old school where efficiency is the key and reason is far more efficient (more sounds and better sound quality) but I guess when you have luxury who gives a fuk about efficiency..even with luxury I stilll care about efficiency..and yes,my comment about the 'fruity' title has absolutely nothing to do with anything,now get over it..but i mean 'ableton live' 'logic' 'reason' 'pro tools' 'sonar' 'cubase' etc etc.......'fruityloop'??????.....I forgot that i once knew little about making beats and producing so i was just tryna show dude a bigger picture but as a rookie of some sort i guess FL would be the way to go seeing as how reason has a big learning curve that could frustrate a beginner

do w/e works for you...nobody uses stock sounds cuz we've gotten past that (or so yall say,cuz I will tweak something and use it if appropriate cuz the average listener don't know stock sounds of nothing and I don't go into a beatsession saying 'ok,I'm not using stock sounds NO MATTER WHAT!!!"..my creativity and talent does not limit me or put me above using any sound.any sound can come in handy.the only ppl that recognize stock sounds of anything are other producers and thas not who I make my beats for)..as a matter of fact,most of my basslines come from a bass sample from a reason library or refill and when it's thundering nobody knows nothing,not that I care.my opinion is from a basic pov..if all I had was enough money for either FL or reason,no plugins and nothing to rewire ,and I just wanna make beats the best way I can right now,something to get my feet wet , I'm buying reason...I'm from the old school where efficiency is the key and reason is far more efficient (more sounds and better sound quality) but I guess when you have luxury who gives a fuk about efficiency..even with luxury I stilll care about efficiency..and yes,my comment about the 'fruity' title has absolutely nothing to do with anything,now get over it..but i mean 'ableton live' 'logic' 'reason' 'pro tools' 'sonar' 'cubase' etc etc.......'fruityloop'??????.....I forgot that i once knew little about making beats and producing so i was just tryna show dude a bigger picture but as a rookie of some sort i guess FL would be the way to go seeing as how reason has a big learning curve that could frustrate a beginner

Actually I found Reason to have a smaller learning curve than FL Studio, but that was just me. FL Studio was a little more to take in because I was using external plug-in's and Rewire. Trust me man, FL Studio is easy to wrap your head around and understand the workflow but its capable of ALOT more than most people give it credit for.

I do agree with you that if I had $300, and I had to pick FL Studio or Reason 4, I would go Reason because of the facts you pointed out; it has a ton of built in instruments and effects that empower you to make music. In fact GST, thats exactly what I did when I first started; bought Reason because I wanted to get my feet wet. Well, now they're soaked and I need something more than Reason Refills.

And thats what I would advise to Aye-P, which is exactly what you're saying.

exactly,you were messing with all these things at once cuz FL forces you to do that...not reason...I use samples so there's the beat already,whether i'm choppin and reaarranging or it's damn near just the loop...I don't just chop a sample and add drums..thas where refills or w/e is @ my diposal comes in...i never said stay stuck on refills

i agree with you 100% i just dont want to limit myself with just fl if i can learn them all im a learn them all, but its stil alot for me to learn on fl and reason was lookin like spanish to me, lol.

WTF is wrong with Stock sounds?
If you buy a Motif you use them, why the hell wouldn't you when you buy software?

Sound developers put alot of effort into making them sound good. The same sound developers make sounds for all this crap. Y'all just stuck on the urban legend that a sound ain't good when another producer has heard or used it.

Newsflash, the consumers and fans don't give a damn. Just some hatin' azz dude who thinks they know where your sound comes from, cause that same clap you got in FL is in the Triton, Refills for Reason, Pro Tools, and the Motif.

I'm so sick of these "which is better" posts!!!!For the last time it's not what you use it's how you use what you have!If you make good music it doesn't matter.If you're curious about Reason try the demo and judge for yourself!Don't make judgments on other people's opinions,judge for yourself.

wtf is wrong with stock sounds?
If you buy a motif you use them, why the hell wouldn't you when you buy software?

Sound developers put alot of effort into making them sound good. The same sound developers make sounds for all this crap. Y'all just stuck on the urban legend that a sound ain't good when another producer has heard or used it.

Newsflash, the consumers and fans don't give a damn. Just some hatin' azz dude who thinks they know where your sound comes from, cause that same clap you got in fl is in the triton, refills for reason, pro tools, and the motif.

pow!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand why anyone would use a DAW (well, not really a DAW is it) that doesn't have VST/VSTi compatability and can't record audio. REASON << if anyone doesn't get it.

The only use I see for it is using it partially with another DAW.

maybe because some people like the built in fx and synths and samplers that reason offers. maybe some people prefer the sequencing in reason over that in other programs.

I don't understand why anyone would use a DAW (well, not really a DAW is it) that doesn't have VST/VSTi compatability and can't record audio. REASON << if anyone doesn't get it.

The only use I see for it is using it partially with another DAW.

Reason fx is as good if not better than the average vst...if you're a guitar player or a vocalist then yes you would need Record or Sonar

^^^If you know how to engineer. In all fairness, if you don't, you can bootleg Waves Diamond bundle, and run it in FL using the built in Presets. lol.

In all fairness, I use Reason because of the limitations. As far as FX, all I use is the Mastering Suite(excluding the Compressor)and the cheap little Reverb(not RV7000, but RV-7), Delay, Chorus, and Distortion(not scream, but the D-11)Ran through the 4 Aux's on the 14:1 Mixer.

If I didn't know how to mix there's no way in hell I could make that work. And i don't outsource for nothing in the beatmaking process.

^^^If you know how to engineer. In all fairness, if you don't, you can bootleg Waves Diamond bundle, and run it in FL using the built in Presets. lol.

In all fairness, I use Reason because of the limitations. As far as FX, all I use is the Mastering Suite(excluding the Compressor)and the cheap little Reverb(not RV7000, but RV-7), Delay, Chorus, and Distortion(not scream, but the D-11)Ran through the 4 Aux's on the 14:1 Mixer.

If I didn't know how to mix there's no way in hell I could make that work. And i don't outsource for nothing in the beatmaking process.

Yeah I don't understand why ppl use several programs to make one beat when everything can be done in Reason.

maybe because some people like the built in fx and synths and samplers that reason offers. maybe some people prefer the sequencing in reason over that in other programs.
GST said:
Reason fx is as good if not better than the average vst...if you're a guitar player or a vocalist then yes you would need Record or Sonar
What I'm saying is Reason is more of an instrument, a side tool, if you will, than a software bundle for producing/arranging/recording.

That's how it seems to me anyway.

Reason is cool and FL is cool. They're both great for different reasons. But at the end of the day, you're making a comparison between a closed system, and an open system. Generally speaking, the open system must be more capable than the closed system because you can expand it forever using plugins. What you can do with Reason is only what comes in the box. When looking to buy a sequencer, I don't know how much consideration you should give to it's included instruments unless we're talking about something on the level of Logic Studio.

Both FL and Reason have great fx I believe. Reason has a couple really stand out fx like the RV7000 and the Scream Distortion. FL also has some stand out items too such as Edison and it's ability to take a sample and turn it any which way but loose. Reason is rock solid stable and the most efficient sequencer I've ever seen by far, and has it's clever routing. FL has far more features and flexibility than anything near it's price tag and some unique features not found anywhere else. So there's plenty to like about both. In the end, it doesn't look like an either/or situation. Both have plenty "different" things to offer.

i use FL and i find it easier than reason. I know that Reason has Quality, but FL tests the music abilities of producers, coz only a few people can get that better realistic sound. Well i think that its professional for people to understand their sounds than for a program to do it for you

i have reason and i admit i get vst jealousy sometimes BUT to be honest reason has "refills" which are basically the same as vsts---new sounds...people are always making refills for reason...so...but i also enjoy editing samples in fl its super easy and fast....also sometimes i get annoyed having to plug everything up in reason it kinda slows down the beat making process though it helps you learn a bit about hardware

it doesn't really matter which one u choose. they both can get the job done. Imma FL user who going to get reason when i get the chance. imma use them both together with rewire, i don't like redrum in reason but its easy to make a beat in it. i like the visual aspect of reason, seein my drums and other samples. I think they are both beast, FL is just underated. u should be able to make a beat with whatever u can get ur hands on, its the end product that counts. People dat have heard my work are suprised when i tell them i use fl wit my computer keyboard.

they both are great at what they are but i myself prefer reason, now record......the closed enviroment forces you get creative instead of relying on plugins and vst to achieve a sound. that's just my take on it.

Back