Fl studio or Reason?

everybody with the I - I - I..I'm proud of you but your numbers are low..I go by what I see..just cuz yall on the net saying this and that don't change nothing..

Yea I definitely know FL is waaayyyyyy more advanced than when I used it. I'm just saying that in these posts there is way to much arguing over what doesn't really matter. When it comes to production, get it done however you do it. It really comes down to personal preference.

Yea I definitely know FL is waaayyyyyy more advanced than when I used it. I'm just saying that in these posts there is way to much arguing over what doesn't really matter. When it comes to production, get it done however you do it. It really comes down to personal preference.

Exactly... it has been said a million times before...

the better route is the one YOU feel most comfortable with.

if your already using fl and looking to switch over i suggest you get reason and rewire into fl, fl has the flexablity of having thirdparty vst plugins, but reason's sonic quality with its 3 core synths, samplers, and drum machines would def give you a better sound

I think that if you like using Reason, getting Record to go with it is a necessity. If you have the entire Propellerhead Suite (Reason + Record + Recycle), and you know what you're doing with it, then you may not use much else...well, besides maybe one of the major joints (Pro-Tools or Logic out of necessity).

I would advise trying them both and even using them together. The best program will be the one that allows you to do what you want to do with less hassle. Big name audio programs are a matter of personal preference.

FL BY FAR... its an easier handle bro i make banigin beats on my lunch break from work... you can't beat that.. and yall dis fl stock sounds... nobodies uses that. YOU DOWNLOAD SOUNDFONTS AND VST'S AND YYOR GOOD!!

Reason is more professional, its what I use and have been using for ages. I started with FL studio but it got on my nerves so i switched to Reason.
Also, if you looking for loops, then I recommend https://sellfy.com/p/Xn2P

My Opinion is ... what makes a Software better than the other is .. you ... if you're great at Fl Studio .. then it's the best .. and if you're pretty good with Reason .. then it's the best for you ... it's all about what you can do ... not what you got :)

I'm not taking sides, but even the "vst support" arguement is now full of holes.

Not saying these "holes' make one program superior(had to give the disclaimer), but Reason has done something they sought out to do...made vst support something that doesn't need considering within the program.

Back when this was a real issue, Reason didn't have audio input, didn't have the tons of effects within it now. But by adding so many tools to the program to get the job done, saying "Reason doesn't support vsts" since their later releases is like saying "a soley hardware setup doesn't support vsts".

They've given you too many other options to get the sounds you want at this point. And I don't even consider adding Rack extensions, they're not even needed. Most would just argue that those are your "vsts", it's equivalent to Pro Tools' HDM/RTAS systems, just not as many developers on board at this point.

Autotune, a Vocoder, Guitar Amps, Vintage Console Channel Strip Emulation, Dynamics/Mastering Processors, multiple EQs and Filters, mutiple Delays and Reverbs, and all at no loss of quality are at your disposal. When these things didn't exist in Reason, I was the guy whining about how there was no way of getting certain tasks done, but now, within the closed environment, nothing has been left out that you'd need in any studio environment.

I understand the guys who can't work without their "Waves Complete" or "REFX Nexus" bundles not understanding that...but anyone who knows the tools and can use what's put at their disposal can do anything within the program.

From 1 program, you get a mixboard, workstation keyboard, array of synths and effects to further manipulate the sounds, Drum Machine, sampler/sequencer, and effects for Mixing/Mastering, Processors Vocals, and live instruments. What more would you need?

I'm not taking sides, but even the "vst support" arguement is now full of holes.

Not saying these "holes' make one program superior(had to give the disclaimer), but Reason has done something they sought out to do...made vst support something that doesn't need considering within the program.

Back when this was a real issue, Reason didn't have audio input, didn't have the tons of effects within it now. But by adding so many tools to the program to get the job done, saying "Reason doesn't support vsts" since their later releases is like saying "a soley hardware setup doesn't support vsts".

They've given you too many other options to get the sounds you want at this point. And I don't even consider adding Rack extensions, they're not even needed. Most would just argue that those are your "vsts", it's equivalent to Pro Tools' HDM/RTAS systems, just not as many developers on board at this point.

Autotune, a Vocoder, Guitar Amps, Vintage Console Channel Strip Emulation, Dynamics/Mastering Processors, multiple EQs and Filters, mutiple Delays and Reverbs, and all at no loss of quality are at your disposal. When these things didn't exist in Reason, I was the guy whining about how there was no way of getting certain tasks done, but now, within the closed environment, nothing has been left out that you'd need in any studio environment.

I understand the guys who can't work without their "Waves Complete" or "REFX Nexus" bundles not understanding that...but anyone who knows the tools and can use what's put at their disposal can do anything within the program.

From 1 program, you get a mixboard, workstation keyboard, array of synths and effects to further manipulate the sounds, Drum Machine, sampler/sequencer, and effects for Mixing/Mastering, Processors Vocals, and live instruments. What more would you need?

I haven't tried Reason yet, so take my comments in passing. But how is this so much more different than any other fully loaded daw? I use cubase mainly, but it has a good 4-6 synths, drum machine, efx, plus a gang of other stuff that I haven't got into yet; all of which can be tweaked if u know what you're doing.
From what I've gathered, Reason has a cool azz user interface system (the rack looks gangsta), but how is this diff from any other fully loaded daw in terms of capability. What I have noticed is that reason users seem to luv the program (almost like FL users, but with more of a elite I use reason undertone).
On certain levels, reason users sound like mac heads with their devotion. I'm really interested in your view because you often advocate the "use what u got, I can make a dope beat with 2 straws and a butter knife, school of thought.":cool:

^^^That's the point. It's not very different at all.

Once upon a time it was a closed system LACKING what other DAWs have. Now it's a closed system that provides everything found in other DAWs as well as the features you outsource to vsts for.

Any well structured DAW comes with everything you need in the box these days. The reason for outsourcing to 3rd party plugs is to improve flawed areas in your specified DAW or it's processors. As the years go by, most DAWs add improvements that take away from your need of outsourcing period. Reason has just now joined the ranks of others who have done this for a while.

I'm the same way about FL, Sonar, and Pro Tools though. I'm not loading up many 3rd party things in any self-sufficient program, so my views may be a little jaded. Reason just got to the point where I can drag/drop mp3s and plug up my triton rack or an electric guitar, a release or 2 ago I wouldn't be giving it all this praise I'd be asking why they haven't made these things possible yet.

^^^ Dig. It makes sense, they caught up to the competition while keeping their users happy. I still think the no 3rd party vst is kinda bad, but it sounds like they want the apple model (everything except hardware must come thru us). I know if u have good sound design and engineering skills u don't need the latest vst, but its not good in my view not to be able to at least try the latest plugin or wait a year for propellerhead to develop something similar. From what i gathered its best to just rewire reason to your daw and get the best of everything. Gonna check reason when I get some extra change.

I think the best answer is, WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU.

To me, I switch between the two when surfing for sounds to tweak.

I think the reason sequencer is a lot better, at least with ease and speed of use. FL studio has me doing alot of running around with the mouse and keyboard that i dont like. But its still a great program with some awesome presets.

Dont limit your self to one production tool. try them all!

I must say I fully agree with "techinsemo"

Dont limit yourself to one production tool. I myself use Reason, Logic PRO, Garage Band, Music Studio, Cubase,
FL studio & SONA.... What ever is there I use. I believe one needs to be able to walk into the studio and do his thang
with no excuses. obviously one will stick to what they are most comfortable with. but that doesn't make it more superior. I love Reason to bits... But I use more FL studio & Cubase at the moment.

If you are a creative, the tool is just an extension of your capabilities as a producer.

#KeepPushing
Official PusherBeats Website - hip hop beats, hip hop instrumentals, buy instrumentals, hip hop beats for free, download bright lights,bright lights mp3, King Breezy, KBreezy, bangers online, download free beats

Here's my take on both as Ive used both..started out back in the day making beats on FL, then moved to reason when a friend was telling me how much better the stock sounds were.......as far as FL, you'll make better beats out the box like right away as its easy to put things together...... but Reason...once you learn the in's and outs...you can go much further with it than FL...but thats my opinion...once i learned how it works..my workflow was great to the point i couldnt mess with any other daws anymore cuz it didnt feel right...and even if i did...i'd be like...i gotta somehow make reason the brain of the operations and just utilize the sounds or vst's.... But if you want to get great music out of Reason...u gotta work with it and really learn it...its capable of so much...FL is good to...but i just like working in Reason....

Back