Zip Drive Or Flash Drive For My MPC??

LdN2

Im lookin to upgrade from floppy and wondering whats the best route to go.

Obviously, Im not looking to spend crazy money but I also dont wanna get something that isnt any good.

Any ideas?

both are viable options....if you have a laptop that reads/writes sd cards, a card reader would probably be easiest way to go. You can find them on ebay for ~$60. Zip drives are dirt cheap but you'll need zip disks and a usb zip drive to use them with a computer.

both are viable options....if you have a laptop that reads/writes sd cards, a card reader would probably be easiest way to go. You can find them on ebay for ~$60. Zip drives are dirt cheap but you'll need zip disks and a usb zip drive to use them with a computer.

Yeah I am thinking of going with the Flash drive as I am pretty sure my laptop can write to them. What should I search for on ebay? Is there a more reliable brand?

Appreciate the help.

Just go for the card reader. Zip's die out after awhile.
If you know anything about electronics/computers, you can buy a cheap card reader for a few bucks off of eBay and install it yourself. Or check online at MPC Stuff or SCSIforsamplers for card readers that are guaranteed to work on MPC's.

Zip disks are getting hard to find,and CF cars are too .
If you get a card drive try to get one with SD card like the MPc2000xl MPD has.
SD cards are the best and most cost efficent media to save to.

Back