YouTube is now being added to Billboard Charts

Its the right move because YouTube is the largest search engine in the world right now. But yeah someone can cheat their way to the top of the billboard charts but that doesn't mean they will stick. People know bullshit when they hear it. A few will get through though

Ay, it was bound to happen.. bill board can eat it though, never cared. I know what i like, F Billboard!
I guess its good though because some people got legit views.. But the faking your way to the top is kinda lame, that needs to be twerked out.

Youtube is about to lose momentum and be forced to focus strongly on music anyway. Ustream is on the move. So it's only right Billboard show us what youtube is about to become. Meaning....don't think because youtube is on billboard that you have the opportunity to be on the billboard charts......not going to happen.

I saw this coming. Mainstream music is just getting worse man....

If it's going by views, it's an absolutely TERRIBLE idea. Not only can people cheat, but shitty songs get a lot of views. We all remember that Friday song. If it goes by ratings, it's a so-so idea. Those can be manipulated as well. Also, most songs get uploaded by a bunch of people. How are they going to keep track of all the re-uploads of the same song?

If it's going by views, it's an absolutely TERRIBLE idea. Not only can people cheat, but shitty songs get a lot of views. We all remember that Friday song. If it goes by ratings, it's a so-so idea. Those can be manipulated as well. Also, most songs get uploaded by a bunch of people. How are they going to keep track of all the re-uploads of the same song?
Its not as if the labels weren't doing the same thing before YT came along. Labels have manipulated the Billboard charts for years, only now they have an easier/cheaper way to do it.

Last edited:
I would hate to have major players manipulate they way to the top.. dictating what videos people watch and share

I would hate to have major players manipulate they way to the top.. dictating what videos people watch and share

ooo yea like they dont do that already

im pretty sure theyll have a way to see thru people manipulating tho. maybe you have to have your video on a certain channel or some shit. like they wont take some random ass channel with hella views into account. i hope

Last edited:
I dont remember who it was, but one of these pop girls got to the top of the Billboard, because her rich dad bought like half a million copies of her album.

Entertainmed industry is filled with frauds.

Ditto. I feel the same way. I don't really see how it will work.

YouTube is aware of generated views, and has already started taking action against major labels abusing their system.

YouTube Strips Major Record Labels of Over Two Billion Fake Views | Complex

I don't think the Billboards committee would have taken YouTube into consideration without their company showing some sort of control over the situation..

Or they could all just be a bunch of corrupt ****s looking for a firmer grip on the steering wheel of the MSM and entertainment industry.

Who knows... who cares?

Actually.. I cares.

But I don't cares enough to tie my head in a knot over this one.

It is a very good thing that this is happening. All you gotta do is make a catchy song, game the system and get a hit record. The game is easier than ever to take over. How can that be a bad thing?

If you are too lazy or scared to use this system to your advantage, you really do not deserve a shot at the mainstream music business. Just stay underground and quit hating. The acts that are popping do not care about your complaints and criticisms.

Hmm, Interesting to say the least, Can't completely hate since i actually use it to widen my audience.

Back