Youtube and Timberlake's first signing.....guessed who it is?

Mysto, I am not hating on her at all, I wish her many blessing, but even you have to admit that they need to take time with her; she has raw talent, but it is not polished. The talent is there, but as many other people have said earlier in posts, she has to make herself stand out amongst not only those that are in the game already, but also those that are just as hungary, and just as or more talented than she is. To be totally real, she's kinda lacking that authentic soul factor; when you listen to Justin Timberlake or X-tina or Lily Allen or Amy Winehouse or Jos Stone or Robin Thicke, what is the thing that exudes from their voices- their soul. they are able to completely capture the raw essence of soul music without sounding forced or phony. She has the talent; it just needs to match the soul, and bring it out. when i hear her singing, I don't hear that, no depth. that's why I said she needs polishing and boot camp, so that they can culivate that, and bring it out of her, real talk.

Dirteelishus said:
I agree with Deranged, she's good, but nothing special. Go to any church in the hood, and you'll find hundreds of young black girls who can sing just as good as her, if not better.
hundreds ay ?? find 4 black girls on youtube that arent fat ,dont kill the songs by turning them into an all-run extravaganza , that sing better than her.
*look as good or better is optional

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of you people are comparing races? Thats just ignorant. Nobody sounds like a black chick or a white chick.. it's ****ing dumb to say that, and somewhat racist.

I live in arnhem(holland) and i've been there from the start, a good friend of mine was her formal manager and hes the one that helped her to get signed. I can assure you that she got this attention ONLY from youtube, the tv appearances and all the **** that was all AFTER youtube. Her name is ESMEE Denters btw. I'm not a friend of Esmee but i met her a few times, shes cool.

Be happy for her, she deserved it.

P.S https://www.youtube.com/watch/v/hSLFtPSMPbk

thats her sister! mad talented family.

Last edited:
Howard Stern said:
She is cute and she sings like a Black chick (but without the harsh gospel crap), that's all always a winning combination. Look at JoJo, NYSYNC, Backstreet Boyz, Aguilera. They were all white girls who studied Black singers till they got it down.

Anyway, this just means more hits from Danja/Timbo + Clutch (I love you Keri Hilson)
That is so messed up!

the tightest singer ive ever heard famous or not.was this gay black dude names Diamante. he told me that the best singers in the world were italians .

California said:
the tightest singer ive ever heard famous or not.was this gay black dude names Diamante. he told me that the best singers in the world were italians .

Italians are, if your looking past the scope of pop music, the best or some of the best > Opera for example. Pavaroti is probably still the best or one of the best of all time. Placido Domingo (he from Spain though) is up there as well.

my dad always tells me hes gonna get me a Placido Domingo cd and always forgets

i thought he was argentinian, but he was born in spain and raised in mexico

California said:
my dad always tells me hes gonna get me a Placido Domingo cd and always forgets

i thought he was argentinian, but he was born in spain and raised in mexico

could be, not sure about the details of his life lol just remember spain.

Cali your fool for over dubbing that video and having cats being fooled by it.

My opinion girl can sing; better than Cassie. She is a great start for the industry formula.

Fair play to her man. She hustled and got what she wanted. With some development she could be big. I have a feeling she'll be marketed towards the teen market.

Listen to that track her vocal sounded flat IMO the first 15secs I stopped.. Didnt like the texture to her vocal either.. But good for her :) shows that normal ppl can make it just need that element of luck

Back