You're the reason hip hop sucks (rant warning)

Olie

Music gets popular through word of mouth and sharing on social media. Here's a simplified calculation:

Well made song with depth - people who like the song talk about it and share it.

Stupid song that's so bad its funny - people who like the song talk about it and share it + people who dislike it talk about it and share it = more popularity!

Hip hop has basically turned into x factor with rediculous acts receiving the most attention. Don't expect anyone to change because its human nature, people will always share the knife throwing stunt that went wrong or the singer who sounded like a dying cat.

You, the person reading this complaining all the time. Yes you, you're the biggest problem. You talk about this terrible music you despise more than anyone who likes it could possibly talk about it and you always make sure to give everyone links to it or tell everyone that artist name you hate so much. Did you think that would help the artist get less attention or more?

Again I don't expect change, its human nature but for **** sake enough with the threads on how everything has gone to shit especially when its partly your fault.

Were better than that on this forum right?

So you're complaining about the complainers?

The irony

lol

i'm complaining about the complainers complaining about hip hop sucking, complaining itself isn't bad as long as you don't complain in a way to give the thing you complain about more power. Nice reply by the way, seems you were more after likes than actually making an interesting well thought out point on what i said. :D

i get your Point, but the thing is that most people dont Think its bad they actually Think its good, and it makes me sad and worried about the future

I get your point. But similar to what Gaus said, there's a catch.... You're right that people who think its BAD should not share it for the sake of a laugh, but that's a bit of human nature. The real problem is that you can't stop people who think it's GOOD from sharing it.

And in the end, it's hardly a problem. People have always liked music that others don't like. The subculture has always raged against the mainstream. Like I've said before.. don't let the fact that you're in the game cloud the fact that most music listeners are NOT in this game, and just wanna hear whatever they think is good to their ears. They don't care about the evil industry, or lip syncing, or whether artists "earn" their fame, or the grind, or any of the things we talk about here.

Hip hop is better than ever.

There's nothing more than I've enjoyed recently (PTSD the extreme exception)... And that's the Captain Murphy mixtape... The cornyness of it all, and the production was weirdly exquisite.

Though I agree with OP... Music is a matter of taste... People shouldn't share things they think are bad... As you've said, people are publicising it more... Same thing could be said for terrorism... The Paris attack was made more satisfying to terrorists by the back lash of cartoons in my opinion.

There's nothing more satisfying to a bully than getting a reaction from the victim.

Back to the topic...

I also understand that if more people like something more than they dislike it, who are the minority to say it's music which shouldn't be publicised?

Back