Your first beat?

tjustice

Ive finally cone to make my first beat & im proud that i can say i made it but also & kind of feeling like i need to constantly work because of other people who make music sound so much better, Ill upload soon. How did you guys feel after your first beat?

Why do you feel the need to upload it?
Why not get better, make something worth listening to and then arrive somewhat along?

I also think ***most*** outside opinions and critiques (from other producas) are a waste of time.
If YOU heard something off, you would have fixed or changed it.

You need to reach that point where....
If you have ANY question(s) about something then yes, something is wrong.

When you ask people "What do you think?"
They answer as if "they know".
All 'they know' is what THEY would do. That is not the same as knowing what you SHOULD do.

The only entity that KNOWS what you SHOULD and NEED to do is someone who has or will hire/use your services.

WHAT?
A rapper is one of the final judges.
The label putting out that combination is a final judge.
The people that receive you product are final judges.

Everything outside of that is opinions.

The reason I say pause is that development needs to occur.
You need to build you skill and have some experience doing, balanced with feedback from your target audience or partnership(s).
That leads to the confidence to listen to your gut or instincts.
Right now, you go "I don't know about those drums" Let's see what everyone else thinks.
When you get closer, the very fact that you are not 100% happy (and thrilled) means they definitely need work and you have no desire to share your 'works in progress'.
When YOU are happy, you have a style and you are deliberate. 'I meant to do that.' And you know what, any critique is only an opinion.

An informed opinion comes after activity and success. You've done it well before.
That little voice roars in your head of what needs working on.

Good enough is no longer good enough.
I say learn more and get better before you start seeking attention.

I actually thought daws were videogames back in 2010-2012 so i just did what ever basically.My first beats, had no idea what i was doing i was just adding everything and anything gunshots chickens inaudible the world ends with you ' oh yeahs' everywhere it was a mess lol.Then after my 10th or so beat I got bored with the chickens and stuff and just started sampling everything else [didnt find synthesis till 2013 and didnt even use that till this year]

Beat-making is still strange to me, never thought I'd end up here of all places.

Well I just finished my first two beats like a week ago and just uploaded them.
I think it's a great idea to upload everything YOU like so people can tell you if they like it too.

And yes there will always be that person that you think is better than you.
my opinion? F**k that, just keep doing your thing:p

Of course you feel like you need to constantly work to get better. It is your first track. Everyone sucks ass the first time around, and most keep sucking for a while still..

The first beat I ever made had this weird kid cudi spacey sound to it. It was wack :)), but to me it sounded so right. I had no idea what I was doing, but the fact that I could create that sound, even though it was wack, was the most powerful feeling ever.
My advice for you would be to actually post your beats as they are, even though they are not at the level you want them to be. Don't worry that you just started out, or that others are better. Posting your sound online gives you a really good timeline of your evolution. If sometimes you don't seem to evolve, just look back and you'll see :)). And I disagree with Griffin Avid, I think that most of the time , especially at the beginning, you can't really tell what exactly is wrong, or maybe you miss some things that you should improve on. Post everything, just don't expect too much from it. And when you feel like you've got a decent skillset, start having real expectations from your work. Leave me a pm or something, I can help you out with some advice on what to learn.

my first actual real beat.. that i completely finished was a surprisingly dope.. i used sample loops so it was pretty easy.. but most beats when you start off are going to suck.. it takes time..

Back