Young Jeezy Named Senior VP Of A&R At Atlantic Records

Labels at times just want a face to bring traffic to them. The saddest example of this was Motown appointingning Andre Harrell. For all he could have done to forward the company, all they really wanted was affiliation with his face and name.

Yea definitely more of a marketing move than anything else for Atlantic. We all know the actual art of A&R'ing with these labels in the hip hop world has long been DEAD. Ross will be given a 'president' title as soon as its agreed that he's peaked as an artist, which I believe is right after this new album run its course.

Gibbs was as popular as is he now compared to when he was unsigned. Slick Pulla? JW? Boo Rossini? Tone Trump? Bloodraw? 211? Roccett?

are those artists getting any burn?

and im not tryna hate, i got records with majority of these cats minus Tone Trump & Gibbs, but im just saying i dont see the A & R qualities in Jeezy, considering he has a production coordinator in Folk and hasnt signed any successful or groundbreaking artists

if anything give that to Ross.. he got Meek Mill poppin when TI couldnt, he got Wale poppin when Jay-Z, Mark Ronson, Interscope & a lady Gaga single couldnt.

seems like it was just a move to bring some attention to the label since Atlantic is kinda dead in the water right now
Wiz just got pushed back cause none of his singles are really taking off
Ti cant get a hot record
BOB not half as dynamic as he was when he came out
Lupe tryna salvage his career
Flo Rida still got the singles on lock
Trey Songz bout to flop again cause he keeps dropping the same song over and over again

they just needed some fresh blood or something maybe? idk just puzzles me

I don't get artists...

Lupe had a pretty good success with Lasers, and then he just disappears. Stop putting out mixtapes. Make an album.

B.o.B's debut was successful, and then he decides to do a massive tour and not release anything for a WHILE. His latest album isn't nearly as fun to listen to as his first. His mixtapes in between were meh.

... and he did it without a diploma. Good for Jeezy. I can't understand the level of 'hate' on this board.

If he does well, he can move up more, that is how you gain higher levels of success.
Step by Step.

Let it go before you get banned again. Just focus on the topic.

Last edited:
That was my opinion and I have never been banned.
They probably will do it now to go with this so-called myth that I am somebody else.

**** it I don't care. Life is good.

Last edited:
That was my opinion and I have never been banned.
They probably will do it now to go with this so-called myth that I am somebody else.

**** it I don't care. Life is good.

You're just thread clutter now. Please leave again. Multiple Personality Disorder is to be taken seriously.

Jeezy just wanna be safe when he touch down in certain places. thats the only reason I could see Roccett and 211 being there.

Bloodraw was a legitimate ****-block, but I wish we could've at least got a mixtape out of White.

Good to see a real nigga get in a position of power.
damn this jeezy/ross beef actually has some bite to it now.
jeezy saying "you aint gonna jay z me niggaaaa!!!" lol

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

this nigga flo rida really did just whistle his ass back in the game all easy lol

Back