Young Jeezy Named Senior VP Of A&R At Atlantic Records

Can you guys elaborate on what you're talking about?

I always wondered if these "executive" positions at music labels were bullsh*t or what. Senior Vice President of A&R at Atlantic...? So what does that role entitle you to? What are the responsibilities of the position and are you paid well for this?

It's like when I see one rapper have his own label, but is signed to another rapper who has HIS own label, who's signed to a higher rapper who has the bigger label. The music industry structure seems to be built on marketing smoke and mirrors. It's really not like any other business out there.

Can you guys elaborate on what you're talking about?

I always wondered if these "executive" positions at music labels were bullsh*t or what. Senior Vice President of A&R at Atlantic...? So what does that role entitle you to? What are the responsibilities of the position and are you paid well for this?

It's like when I see one rapper have his own label, but is signed to another rapper who has HIS own label, who's signed to a higher rapper who has the bigger label. The music industry structure seems to be built on marketing smoke and mirrors. It's really not like any other business out there.

Basically, he just became a high profile talent scout. They gave him the title so that he can wave the flag and draw talent to the label.

... and he did it without a diploma. Good for Jeezy. I can't understand the level of 'hate' on this board.

If he does well, he can move up more, that is how you gain higher levels of success.
Step by Step.

Last edited:
Well there's Freddie Gibbs...and then there Gangsta Gibbs... Lodie. Dont forget CTE entertainment or whatever

Gibbs was as popular as is he now compared to when he was unsigned. Slick Pulla? JW? Boo Rossini? Tone Trump? Bloodraw? 211? Roccett?

are those artists getting any burn?

and im not tryna hate, i got records with majority of these cats minus Tone Trump & Gibbs, but im just saying i dont see the A & R qualities in Jeezy, considering he has a production coordinator in Folk and hasnt signed any successful or groundbreaking artists

if anything give that to Ross.. he got Meek Mill poppin when TI couldnt, he got Wale poppin when Jay-Z, Mark Ronson, Interscope & a lady Gaga single couldnt.

seems like it was just a move to bring some attention to the label since Atlantic is kinda dead in the water right now
Wiz just got pushed back cause none of his singles are really taking off
Ti cant get a hot record
BOB not half as dynamic as he was when he came out
Lupe tryna salvage his career
Flo Rida still got the singles on lock
Trey Songz bout to flop again cause he keeps dropping the same song over and over again

they just needed some fresh blood or something maybe? idk just puzzles me

Last edited:
Trey Songz bout to flop again cause he keeps dropping the same song over and over again

I was listening to the radio thinking THE SAME EXACT THING!!!

Like damn, is sex the only thing this nigga can sing about? He walks around with his dick in his hand 24 hours a day. lol

Labels at times just want a face to bring traffic to them. The saddest example of this was Motown appointingning Andre Harrell. For all he could have done to forward the company, all they really wanted was affiliation with his face and name.

I'm just surprised Atlantic didn't appoint one of their artists losing relevance to give the artist buzz with the label...like Trey or T.I. No offense intended, but in my mind I'd think poth of these guys are a lil more relevant than Jeezy while on a decline, could be wrong, I'm in VA so Trey is the man here and T.I. just been around forever, lol.

Last edited:
its a confusing move for sure, but id be lying to say i wasnt interested

I don't think it's confusing at all.

Jeezy real mad at Def Jam right now. He used to be the Prized Pony over there. Well, before Ross entered the building and stole ALL of Jeezy's momentum.

Now Jeezy can't even get tour support money. I'm sure he blames IDJ for the 103 delays and the subsequent flop. And until he gets warm in the streets again, IDJ could give a fcuk less.

Atlantic knows Jeezy is probably disgruntled. And they also know all the things about their artists that you mentioned earlier.

So Atlantic is talking good in Jeezy's ear, trying to woo the competition. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Atlantic's former marquee artists defecting to IDJ soon.

Naw...I agree with you. I said Freddie and Gangsta Gibbs cuz I was being sarcastic with the post. I really dont know how Jeezy really got that spot. Ross has done much more with the whole MMG squad.

Sometimes I think these rappers raise a big stink and a real exec has to calm them down by giving the rapper some "hype" position

Gibbs was as popular as is he now compared to when he was unsigned. Slick Pulla? JW? Boo Rossini? Tone Trump? Bloodraw? 211? Roccett?

are those artists getting any burn?

and im not tryna hate, i got records with majority of these cats minus Tone Trump & Gibbs, but im just saying i dont see the A & R qualities in Jeezy, considering he has a production coordinator in Folk and hasnt signed any successful or groundbreaking artists

if anything give that to Ross.. he got Meek Mill poppin when TI couldnt, he got Wale poppin when Jay-Z, Mark Ronson, Interscope & a lady Gaga single couldnt.

seems like it was just a move to bring some attention to the label since Atlantic is kinda dead in the water right now
Wiz just got pushed back cause none of his singles are really taking off
Ti cant get a hot record
BOB not half as dynamic as he was when he came out
Lupe tryna salvage his career
Flo Rida still got the singles on lock

they just needed some fresh blood or something maybe? idk just puzzles me

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

I was listening to the radio thinking THE SAME EXACT THING!!!

Like damn, is sex the only thing this nigga can sing about? He walks around with his dick in his hand 24 hours a day. lol

lol...true

Back