You THINK you know...my NYC sessions Part I

Staggerlee said:
My question is why did your friend flow her boyfriend as well? How dumb is that? lol........

You keep the talent happy -- take out the brown M&Ms, Evian backstage, etc.

I am very proud of you. You are being blessed on the business end. PMP love is being good to you.

Last edited:
Yo, Troup that's a good look man. I've personally discovered the true difference between being a beatmaker and a producer. You should start a blog man, I like reading your after action reports.

Much props for handling your biz Troup. Question though, why not give everyone other than the artists (and the most important people) the BOOT from the studio if you felt unnecessary stress?

You're "The Man" in that studio Troup, remember that.

congrats on getting to network with those people and getting to produce some records (i hope it came out good)

i bet you're having fun in NYC. kick ass city imo tho i'm a bit biased lol.

keep on posting these things. it's fun to read and really inspiring to read.

Ronski said:
Much props for handling your biz Troup. Question though, why not give everyone other than the artists (and the most important people) the BOOT from the studio if you felt unnecessary stress?

You're "The Man" in that studio Troup, remember that.

I would agree with you. But I HAVE to learn to work like that. I'm not gonna always get to record in my ideal atmosphere, especially when I'm NOBODY.

Plus, there were ALOT of important people in there last night. I'm not gonna kick them out. That's a very bad look.

For as much as it was a showcase of HER skills, it was a showcase of my skills as well. So the audience, although annoying, was necessary.

Plus they weren't being disruptive, just their presence was jeering my nerves.

F00T said:
Yo, Troup that's a good look man. I've personally discovered the true difference between being a beatmaker and a producer. You should start a blog man, I like reading your after action reports.

I have a blog on my myspace page!!!

Last edited:
MadTiger3000 said:
Even the slaves had vacation time.

LOL

yeah...i'm not thinking Slaves had vacation time.

I am a slightly above a slave, and yes I have vacation time. I've been saving my vacation time for about 3 years just for times like these. And now it's time, and I'm glad I have the vacation time.

I'm almost 100% sure that I went to either elementary school or high school with that girl. Not that it matters. Nice job. After seeing what you've been through I doubt I have what it takes be a producer in the studio with thirty people watching. I don't even like my brother around when I'm trying to make beats.

Woah...Big Things Poppin....

Congrats man....good to see your work paying off...

But I gotta say, I don't know a single name you mentioned in that entire article.....I feel like such a dumbass..

DS Speed-Freak said:
Woah...Big Things Poppin....

Congrats man....good to see your work paying off...

But I gotta say, I don't know a single name you mentioned in that entire article.....I feel like such a dumbass..

It's cool. The only person that you may have heard of is Mike Lighty. He's Chris Lighty's brother. Chris Lighty is the CEO of Violator Management.

hey troup, how was it seeing so many mportant people and how did it feel working in a studio that had so many greats wrk in there such as 2pac and Biggie.

Fiya0522 said:
hey troup, how was it seeing so many mportant people and how did it feel working in a studio that had so many greats wrk in there such as 2pac and Biggie.

It was really unnerving working with people in the room. I felt like all eyes were on me, and every time someone walked out the room or was texting someone, they were talking bad about me.

We weren't in the actual A room (we tried to book it, but some other big shot had it blocked off all week), but still it was cool.

I mean once the nerves calmed down, it was a really great experience. Just like working in my basement!

The only really annoying part was all of the people just sitting there, and all the constant in and out. Really throws off your concentration. I'm trying to listen to and critique the vocals, and people are behind me talking and constantly going in and out of the door.

Last edited:
oh. das cool im in nyc. maybe we could hook up this week if you aint that busy. i just released my mixtape. yeah. im tryna get an internship at a studio. but congrats.

Fiya0522 said:
oh. das cool im in nyc. maybe we could hook up this week if you aint that busy. i just released my mixtape. yeah. im tryna get an internship at a studio. but congrats.

I'm actually flying out tomorrow afternoon. Got a session tomorrow morning. Maybe next time when I'm in town.

Back