Can you dig it ?
It ain't where you're from... it's where ya at

vs.

It's not about where ya at... it's about where ya come from

vs.

1986 all day...

BLESS THE MIC FOR THE GODS

Last edited:
aint nobody fucckin with drake, not even from the past or the present.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rakim was supposed to come too a show but he refused because they let Tech N9ne headline instead of him, Tech talks about it in a song of his. It's funny cause like all the people I came with got there money back on there ticket cause they'd seen Ghostface, I hadn't and was with my girl at the time. I left after one Tech N9ne song. People were booing Brother Ali, it was such shit.

I was so dissapointed he didn't show. I love Rakim he's a lyrical genius 2nd too K Rino.

You know It's just everything about him that i missed with this generation. The charisma in his posture, the cadence in his voice, the crowd in the music video...just really encompasses what it was and it meant something.

You look at these new guys and it's all of the superficial things that they saturate themselves in to push a brand (some penthouse with all the most luscious of prostitutes, rented cars/air planes, shaking hands with donald trump looking fellows, etc. Look at this video, and it's an alley, a park, and a record shop. It was making more with less.

Life is getting more moderated, and predictable to the point to when we'll just be contempt with even more moderated and predictable...lol *insert bigger picture stuff* music used to be exciting, now the music pretty much makes itself with technology/online tutorials/this is what so and does to make this do that/that drake style beat/yaddayadda. People just want to establish an identity for themselves with this seemingly approachable art form, and in the process fail to realize they have to create one to get any were. Which in turn leads to someone else creating it for them and ultimately controlling were said 'artist' goes.

and all of that Captain Obvious, yadda yadda, but I really think at times that point is missed when this discussion comes up.

----------------------------------------------

as far as that rakim, technyne thing goes. Aren't both of there audience demographies completely different? Who would think that would be a good idea to begin with? wasn't the other performer an rnb singer?

Best lyricist ever. Hands down

so true.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Youngbloods don't know nuttin bout dat Rakim...

good to hear you chime in my dude

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Rakim was supposed to come too a show but he refused because they let Tech N9ne headline instead of him, Tech talks about it in a song of his. It's funny cause like all the people I came with got there money back on there ticket cause they'd seen Ghostface, I hadn't and was with my girl at the time. I left after one Tech N9ne song. People were booing Brother Ali, it was such shit.

I was so dissapointed he didn't show. I love Rakim he's a lyrical genius 2nd too K Rino.

IFyou were Rakim, would you headline after ANYBODY?

just askin?

I think I heard that song. Didn't he say Keyshia Cole did the same thing? Imo if I was a rap star, I could give 2 f*cks who headlines what or who closes what. Just as long as my check says my Government name on it. And if you're really that dope and the headliner isn't, most of the crowd will leave after your set anyways. When next time rolls around, then we'll see who's headlining the show!

Youngbloods don't know nuttin bout dat Rakim...

The debate back in the day was always Rakim or Big Daddy Kane. I was always rolling with the R while my dude from Detroit would go with BDK.

One of the most Classic lines of ALL TIME!
"I take seven MC's, put 'em in a line And add seven more brothas, who think they can rhyme Well, it'll take seven more before I go for mine And that's twenty-one MC's, ate up at the same time"

Read more: RAKIM - MY MELODY LYRICS

people fail 2 understand that a headliner gets paid more then the rest of the people!

now with the R...man i am a ol' head so i can remember when ra hit the scene it was nuts my people would rewind bar by bar just to take in what was spit by him then his next cd blow the door wide open with follow the leader (u see a star /u better follow it cuzz its the r)...and to this day the ghetto is one of the best story raps ever!

Last edited:
remember the Rakim come back in the late 90's,very early 2000's
Mob Deep was holding him down for a bit
and Kool G. Rap who moved out to Arizona

so true.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

good to hear you chime in my dude

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

IFyou were Rakim, would you headline after ANYBODY?

just askin?

NO esp not T9 LOL

I can see what they were thinking though I was in Lawrence KS.. and I only heard about T9 being there when I was waiting in line at the door... They really ****ed over Rakim, some real bullshit too do to a legend. Like I said all my homies left and refused too pay for that horseshit.

I think I heard that song. Didn't he say Keyshia Cole did the same thing? Imo if I was a rap star, I could give 2 f*cks who headlines what or who closes what. Just as long as my check says my Government name on it. And if you're really that dope and the headliner isn't, most of the crowd will leave after your set anyways. When next time rolls around, then we'll see who's headlining the show!

Right. T9 has no respect for hip hop legends.

Back