You Never Existed for Billions of Years Before You Were Born

yanr

You Are Not Real
(Electronic f4f) You Never Existed for Billions of Years Before You Were Born

https://soundcloud.com/you-are-not-real/sets/her-happiness

Hey, I've started actually putting my music out there, it's kind of nerve wracking because I don't usually show anyone my music other than people I know and I never gig or anything so I'ma be breaking the introvert pattern a little. It'd be cool to see what you all think, I really hope you enjoy this, I'll be around checking out other peoples stuff too x

Last edited:
The guitars are real nice on both pieces - are they sampled or have you played them? I like the filtering on the vocal sample too, the delays sound great. However I think the drums need a lot of work, they're too quiet in relation to everything else thats going on in the track...but its an interesting concept because the drums sound so aggressive in contrast to how chilled the guitars are.

There's potential but I think you need to learn a bit more about mixing down.

The name You Are Not Real is pretty cool too...keep doing your thing!

Check my track out:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...dback/pandemic-inspired-zombie-flicks-475280/

Like the track man, I think it's very original (the percussion en stuff). Thing that I'm missing a little bit is somekind of clear climax if that makes any sense. Maybe use somekind of Moog lead or something (?)

Anyway, good job on the track man!

I'm sorry but I'm not too into this. Just personally not my type of music but I did here a couple things I liked. Keep at it bruh

@ s.singh, thanks man! There's no guitars in this, it's just a bunch of reason modules and my vocals sung in (although I can play the guitar too), you have a really good point about the drums, my mixing has always been a bit strange and unmethodical, someone I know described my tracks as like 'a delicious home-made cake that's wonky' and said afterwards that his tracks were 'just the icing' ahahhahahah. Made me laugh so much. I think I was trying to get the rest of the tracks to be heard over the drums because I did have them quite loud at first, but it drowned out all the notes bouncing off each other, because at any given point there was like 2 chords mashing at the same time and I wanted people to hear that. I'll take it as a personal challenge to make the drums loud and the rest of the track be heard in clarity. Are there any particular ways that you go about mixing drums?

@BozeBeats, cheers man! Especially with the original comment, I don't know if it's possible to be original nowadays with the amount of stuff there is out there, but that's a really nice thing to say. I have a feeling with the end that's more of a personal preference, because I tend to like it when tracks just sort of roll out without any proper closure in some circumstances, it seems more emotional that way, and then you can roll the emotion onto other tracks later on (in an album context) that close properly, but I do appreciate the comment and it's interesting to see how differently you reacted to that as compared to me, so I'll keep that in mind in the future, thankyou!

@NintenbroBeats, no worries, you can't please everyone all of the time :)

Last edited:
Back