"You cant use a controller for a show it looks bad"

It doesnt matter really, but it can help allot in shows just to have your table, fader, and knobs all there in one controller, but as long as the people are dancing, it doesnt matter.

I've had a lot of people impressed by my Akai MPK49 while using it live. The main thing is to always look busy even if you aren't actually modifying the sound. Keep in mind it is a SHOW like theater. You can fake things. If you are worried about people noticing, they won't unless they can see the screen of your DAW.

my boy who has an s4 and a rane/vinyl setup said that from a psycological (dunno how to spell) stand point crowds like to SEE the mixers and the vinyl turntable i guess cuz it looks more official but at the end of the its about your dj set thats what matters. anybody who against controllers for a set is either to broke to buy one or scared of the future

If you are a good DJ with a controller... the guest will love ur mixing. If you suck with a controller guests and REAL (old school) djs will hate you. Personally, I like apc40 for dj or technics and serato. but I can wing it on anything, the DJ scene is ruined by controllers. Easy entry into the market... Club owners are regretting under cutting real djs for cheap controller djs.

The only thing club owner care about it packing the house. In most cases the audience doesn't care (too drunk and typically don't know anything about the technical side of things). They main thing for a DJ to do is perfect his method whether its turntables or controllers and not waste time sweating the small stuff.

That's not true at all! I have seen some DJs use a controller and rock crowds!

Back