Yoooooooooo!!! Anybody use mixcraft 5??

juicybeatz

I NEED HELP THE THE SETTINGS OF MY EQ, Compression, For my vocal settings cant get it to sound studio level

Getting your music to sound "studio level" isn't a quick fix.

The answer to that question... though you may think its a simple question, is not just a quic "do this, this, and this" and bamm it sounds good. If you're serious, its going to take a lot of studying on your part. There's no definitive syllabus for this class lol.

You can start by maybe looking up what a compressor, eq, and limiter are, what they do, and how you may want to use them. You'll also want to learn about gain staging, mic placement, and how to capture a performance. You'll want to learn what mixing really is, how to do it, and what equipment/environment will help you do it the best.

Those topics should get you started. Knowledge, practice, and experience are what create a professional sound. Not mixcraft, protools, cubase, or studio one. There are guys on this forum that can make a more professional sounding track using stock plugins than a guy with $20k worth of hardware and software that doesn't know how to use it.

Be prepared to be a student and dedicate serious time to researching and practicing. If your looking for some quick settings for your plugins, just quit now while ur ahead lol. Send your tracks to an engineer to get mixed.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Ps... I was asking the same question ur asking two years ago to myself. Why does my stuff sound like crap. What settings should I use for it to sound better. What can I add to it, what's the missing link.

Two years later after building my knowledge about mixing id say I can get a radio ready mix done every time (which by todays standard isn't really saying much). But I'm still quite a ways behind a professional engineer. It takes time.

Last edited:
Back