Yo what's up everyone.

Been a member on this forum a while but I just remembered about it, definitely wanna get back involved and start connecting again. Plus the sample flip battles are a lot of fun, so some quick things about me. 25 based out of Nashville, been producing for about 14 years now, I released my first album that I recorded and produced DIY last year on March 15th that is available for free at Mage Tha Blackheart - The Faceless Generation | Jeffery Drag Records , I am also a graphic designer (I designed the background for that bandcamp.) and a shirt printer (holla at me for shirts). Basically I am a free lance artist making my life by spreading vibes rather than punching a time clock for less than what my life is worth (more than anything so is yours). My website is under construction at Mobillize | The work of William Brent Hanvey and my sound cloud is Excited to start connecting with you cats. Peace.

Thats wassup fam! Glad to have you aboard!

BTW: How's the scene out there in Nashville?

What's up bro?! Check out some of my tracks and add me on social media/send me an email and we can work sometime.

Thats wassup fam! Glad to have you aboard!

BTW: How's the scene out there in Nashville?

I just recently got involved in my local scene last month and we're definitely out here! There was a big producer meetup by trackburnaz of tha underground studio on music row where probably 50+ producers came out and shared music. The networking was INSANE and I got to meet a lot of the top local guys like bandplay, syksense, fateeastwood, chinodollaz and many more. I've worked with >10 local producers since then who were all on my level or better which has helped me grow tremendously. There's definitely a lot of talent out here, but we have to learn to work together better in order to grow our scene (from what I'm told).

Tight.

It truly is a blessing to be in an area where you can network with like minded people.

I spent the last 10 years learning everything on my own so I can definitely vouch for how important it is to get involved locally. I've made huge progress lately and definitely taken my music to the next level.

What's up bro?! Check out some of my tracks and add me on social media/send me an email and we can work sometime.

I just recently got involved in my local scene last month and we're definitely out here! There was a big producer meetup by trackburnaz of tha underground studio on music row where probably 50+ producers came out and shared music. The networking was INSANE and I got to meet a lot of the top local guys like bandplay, syksense, fateeastwood, chinodollaz and many more. I've worked with >10 local producers since then who were all on my level or better which has helped me grow tremendously. There's definitely a lot of talent out here, but we have to learn to work together better in order to grow our scene (from what I'm told).

It takes a lot to work well with others, something that most people lack the ability to do. Every wants to be the producer yet only a few can actually produce. This includes production in other elements of industry including sales, marketing, promotions, event planning and any other industry thats based on actual numbers.

Been a member on this forum a while but I just remembered about it, definitely wanna get back involved and start connecting again. Plus the sample flip battles are a lot of fun, so some quick things about me. 25 based out of Nashville, been producing for about 14 years now, I released my first album that I recorded and produced DIY last year on March 15th that is available for free at Mage Tha Blackheart - The Faceless Generation | Jeffery Drag Records , I am also a graphic designer (I designed the background for that bandcamp.) and a shirt printer (holla at me for shirts). Basically I am a free lance artist making my life by spreading vibes rather than punching a time clock for less than what my life is worth (more than anything so is yours). My website is under construction at Mobillize | The work of William Brent Hanvey and my sound cloud is Excited to start connecting with you cats. Peace.

Nice track, welcome back to the treads.

It takes a lot to work well with others, something that most people lack the ability to do. Every wants to be the producer yet only a few can actually produce. This includes production in other elements of industry including sales, marketing, promotions, event planning and any other industry thats based on actual numbers.

I agree.

I think a lot of cats approach audio production with a creative mindset [eg: for the love] and then change their perspective on how deep they wanna go when they see the level of involvement required to be successful pursuing music as a career choice.

In audio production, technology has successfully blurred the lines between hobbyist and professional.

I agree.

I think a lot of cats approach audio production with a creative mindset [eg: for the love] and then change their perspective on how deep they wanna go when they see the level of involvement required to be successful pursuing music as a career choice.

I would love to pursue music as a career but like you said, I'm now learning the entire other side (as JC put it: marketing, sales, promotion) outside of actual production. Personally, I feel my production is very close to where it needs to be, and these other areas are my weak points at this time.

In audio production, technology has successfully blurred the lines between hobbyist and professional.

Ain't that the truth. I heard some tracks recently by a 15 year old producer who has been at it a year who was making tracks that rivaled what I was doing 8 years (off and on) in. Crazy stuff.

Last edited:
I would love to pursue music as a career but like you said, I'm now learning the entire other side (as JC put it: marketing, sales, promotion) outside of actual production. Personally, I feel my production is very close to where it needs to be, and these other areas are my weak points at this time.

Ain't that the truth. I heard some tracks recently by a 15 year old producer who has been at it a year who was making tracks that rivaled what I was doing 8 years (off and on) in. Crazy stuff.

Yeah, those other areas are mos def essential if you really wanna push it.

The talent aspect is subjective though...

Truthfully, you can have that "classic era" sound and team up with the right dude and make hits if the vibe is right.

Back