YAMAHA QY700 Help please..

R

ryan_qy700

Hello there..I just bought the QY700..and I want to connect it to just one keyborad ( an old Roland E40 Oriental) that has some unique sounds. This keyboard is year 1995 made but has 32 polyphonic and 16 midi channels and is enough to produce nice songs as I used it on PC CUBASE VST and gave me such nice 16 tracks songs with no hickups. its really a nice MIDI sound source.

I have two problems. first problem is when I use QY700 with Roland
1- Everytime I press REC/PLAY on the QY700 to record, the drum machine of the roland starts playing its preset pattern at the same time ( the roland doesnt have MIDI/Clock/sync or any buttons that assign midi, it just has one small lcd that displays prog number. so I tried the MIDI SYNC setting in the QY700 but It didnt work ( or I didn't assign it right) Do you know exactely what I should do with the MIDI or clock or what so ever setting? or am I doing wrong here?

2- second problem when I use QY700 alone, I want to create my own drums patterns from scrach using the QY700 kits. lets say ( 4/4 two measures pattern ) I don't want to use the ready beats of QY700..I mean I want to record first the KICK then layer it with the snare and finally add the Hihat like any drum machine composer and store this short beat pattern on floppy or QY700 memory so I could call it later to paste it on many measures..of course I want to create many patterns for my DATABASE..
I noticed that the QY700 has drums kits that spreads the kicks and snares, hihat..etc on its microKeyboard..so i guess what im asking is possible..Any help?
Thanks for reading

Last edited by a moderator:
Back