yamaha motif and fantom reason refills

Whiteboy954 said:
heh i jus ordered the $30 ones a few days ago, ill let yall know what they look like

Someone gave me that one for free once.So bad I deleted it.

Pm me on more info.

Anyone who wants a quality demo of the motif (20 patches, no "one shots" - all 88 keys, 2 velocities) get at me.
(it's over 200 mb though, so be patient).

breal said:
Someone gave me that one for free once.So bad I deleted it.

40 gigs of samples? I just find it odd someone would waste their time recording that much data to have it be low quality just to sell on ebay for peanuts. Anyway it was worth my gamble versus starting to buy racks.

I haven't recieved the ones from the $30 guy yet, but I can pretty much assume looking at the situation hes selling the same reboxed sh!t the neosounds guy is. I doubt someone would take the time to resample every board and do it of low quality. I have a really bad motif refill that is much smaller than these ones being advertised because they sampled only 12 notes or so from each patch. All the file sizes seem similar, I think everyone is selling the same thing. Well Ill know for sure in a couple days. Wrekk I'm gonna try out your demo, I'll let you know how it sounds

edit: son of a ***** i jus read what i bought......oh well $30 flushed down the toilet.
Thinking about it, I have my doubts how anyone could fit all the sounds from a fantom onto 2 dvds without key stretch really destroying the sounds. From the size it is obvious every key could not be sampled.

Last edited:
Yeah the motif alone is like 4 DVDs in refill format and 6-7 DVDs in soundfont format. So yes their are some people who have actually done the extensive work.

wrekk said:
Yeah the motif alone is like 4 DVDs in refill format and 6-7 DVDs in soundfont format. So yes their are some people who have actually done the extensive work.

my question is: Where do I find this?

Whiteboy954 said:
heh. I will definitely let you know. Is it the ES or XS that you have sampled?

It is the ES.

So any feedback on the demos yet?

Last edited:
it sounds good, i just got the stuff from the internet guy today, its the same motif one i found on the internet. I'm going to go thru all the sounds I have and figure it out. PM me a price though

Consider that - for about $130 - you can get an Emu Xboard25, which comes with the ProteusX VST and a boatload of samplesets, including Planet Earth, Protean Drums and Mo' Phatt. This is pro-quality stuff from a respected manufacturer with a multi-decade track record. It even comes with Abelton Live Lite ... so you get everything you need to get started.

Why anyone would spend $100 on poorly sampled "sounds of the Motif" crap, which does not sound or respond like a Motif is beyond me.

Last edited by a moderator:
dansgold said:
Why anyone would spend $100 on poorly sampled "sounds of the Motif" crap, which does not sound or respond like a Motif is beyond me.
Dude... here you go again. How come I have a whole forum full of people who disagree with you? Yes, you made a professional and reasonable assessment of our product, but for you to now come on thse boards and slam us? Why? Where was all this during your review? Why all the animosity now? What the hell have I ever done to you???

I think you are taking my comments a bit personally, where they really weren't directed specifically at you or your product. I have ZERO animosity for you, and respect for anyone who brings a product to market.

In the case of your products, I think you have done a better job in one aspect than many others, in that you produce samplesets which are actually useable, and resasonably well recorded for the most part, LOL.

What I find troubling is the degree to which many selling these types of soundsets market them as though a person is going to get a "virtual Motif" (or FantomX, etc.) ... as though they are going to get "all of the sounds" of these instruments without buying an actual instrument. I don't know how you may have changed your marketing approach or if you have improved your product since I last checked it out ... but if you are billing your stuff in this manner we both know that this is fundamentally dishonest.

This can be demonstrated in about 15 seconds by simply putting a Motif, FantomX or Triton next to your samplesets running on any host you choose.

As I indicated in my review, your stuff can be musically useful. I'm not stating otherwise here. I am only offering an opinion (which is actually very close to being an undeniable fact) that you are not selling "virtual Motifs", "Virtual FantomXs" or anything even close to it.

People are free to choose what they like and what they are willing to pay for it. I don't following you around on this forum or any other telling people not to buy from you. I can think of many instances where your stuff would be an attractive alternative. It's also my general opinion that people might be better served by some of the alternatives I have noted here and in my earlier review.

That's up to them, I'm just offering an informed opinion ... which I think I am allowed to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back