Yamaha HS80M VS BERINGER Truth B2031A Monitors

speakfrly

I need help on deciding which I should get. ANY help would be appreciated.
I need Pros and Cons from those who have used either or use both.....PLEASE.

Last edited:
I own the Berhinger Truths (bought them back when they one of the only afforadable active near field monitors available, and when I didn't know any better).... They are LIES, don't buy them, Berhinger sucks, stay away from thier crap. There are way better monitors out there that are just as afforable.

Just my opinion.

If you are really deciding between those two, do yourself a favor and get the Yammies...I like the Yammies A LOT. They have a smooth and balanced sound throughout (whether low vol. or high). There are other options in that range, but between those two, no question.

zionproductions said:
If you are really deciding between those two, do yourself a favor and get the Yammies...I like the Yammies A LOT. They have a smooth and balanced sound throughout (whether low vol. or high). There are other options in that range, but between those two, no question.

Thanx for replying. I thought everyone was ignoring me......
I had thought that the Yams were a better decision, I felt that I should get another opinion for arguments sake.

An associate of mine has the Truth's and he swears by them. I needed an engineers ear to help make the decision. My ears are fine as far as quality is concerned but, an outside, objective opinion is better some times. Again, thanx.

grab a couple of your favourite cd's. and go hit up a shop that suplys both of these monitors. have a good listen to each of them and see what u like best. yours ears wont lie.

MFB said:
I'd go with a pair of KRKs

+1

Between the Truth's and Yamaha's, there is no question that the Yamaha's will give you more accurate sound across the board than the Truth's.

I have KRK's now - love them. If I were getting a second pair for cross-checking the Truth's would be a more viable option, but as your primary source of mixing get the best monitors you can possibly afford. If all you can afford is the Truth's, wait a couple weeks and get a better pair.

Robthe6King said:
everything berhinger ever touched turned to **** instantly.
that is a **** brand
yea they are like eagle, you know that car company who makes copy cars that other companys put out, IE: eagle talon is an eclipse, eagle vision is a entrepid(i think) berhinger makes copycat equipment,. i remember my buddy got a dj mixer from them that was a copy of the pioneer 600 series, needles to say, it "looked" like a pioneer 600 series, but "felt" like fisher price

Back