yamaha djx1 keyboard

ctpmusic

ok so i usally use a midi keyboard, all the latest vst effects and instruments and a decent daw (cakewalk sonar or reaper) n if i sample i sample straight from vynal to get that gritty sound.

but i brought a yamaha djx1 a year ago (just to play), its a very very basic keyboard, but if you tweak it it can sound great,

it has some ok built in effects and a lot of sounds (about 300) and a basic sequencer with a 6 track (on top of one anover) recording option and you can sample on it!!! but only for 6 seconds either as 1 sample or a loop or up to 12 differnt samples totaling 6 seconds together asigned to differnt keys(you can also play 1 sample in differnt pitches on differnt keys), (unlightly i'll get 12 sampz of 6 secs but i shud get at least 6 1shots on differnt keys if im quik a pressin stop after the sampled recorded).

to me this always seemed basic compaired to my computer bassed set up.

then yesterday i was thinkin to myself

on some tracks i only use like 3 seconds worth of samples and on some i use no samples at all, maybe 6 seconds of sampling on my djx is enuf to make a track! i can use an 808 kick sample, a few vocal 1 shots n use the good sounds the djx has like the grand piano n some of the lower end bass sounds!

i 4t hold on!!!!!!!!! this is possible, i kud make a gud beat on this really basic keyboard,

i love my djx and now im plannin on makin a few tracks on it.

ive tryed it out n i fink, IT IZ OFFICALLY ON! if you add a few gud sampz and pik your built instruments correctly within the djx and add the correct effects (the reverbs are nice)

ive been messin around with it a lot today n wow the djx sounds great, if u mess with it enuf , kinda low quality somtimes but in a good way, a very good way, the way i try to imate mpc 60 type sound usin my computer.

i never knew my djx1 was a secret beast!

its more then ready to make a hip hip banga! its laks memory (i fink it can only hold 3 songs and memory is non expandable) but thats no problem i'll jus record the tracks to my pc via phones out on djx n mic in on my pc! then deleat the trak off the djx!

EXPECT TO SEE A VIDOES ON YOUTUBE SOON OF A GUY USIN AN OLD DJX1 LIKE A MINI MIX OF AN ASR10 AND A TRITON!

EVERY1 IS GOI TO BE LIKE WTF!

THIS IS A CRAZZY LOOK BUT IT SOUNDZ TIGHT!

Last edited:
Back