XXL Freshman 2013 Cover

Yeah I don't consider some of them Freshmen either. Its cool how my favorite 4 are all pushing independently too.

Schoolboy q = year late.. ab-soul? he's not gonna do anything new this up coming year that he hasn't done yet.. his buzz isn't gonna blowup out of no where.. rest of them i don't really know them or i agree

I don't much like this list every year. 33% of the artists they pick have already exploded, 33% are artists that are predictions and this will be the highlight of their career, and 33% will be legit predictions, and even those are usually easy calls..... But lists are the easiest way to garner attention.....

only true freshmen there is travis scott, logic, and haze everyone else been known. smh at kirko bangz being considered a freshman.

Last edited:
You have to take into account that they are freshmen in terms of worldwide audience and album releases I think.

I think they should change their freshman format. They should really try to call people before they've secured a hit (Kirko Bangz, Chief Keef) I think they spend at least half of the list picking people that they regret not picking the year before.

Everyone may be "known" on this list but in reality far far away from GREAT. they're freshmen & women because there is still more work to be done...

Yeah should of put up Riff Raff for sure. Action Bronson sucks, how the hell he make the list. Rittz should of been up there to. Glad to see Chief up there.

Seriously I'm sure 80 percent of y'all hate riff raff but that lastest mixtape he dropped is ill af mixing wise and automation. It's engineered amazingly. All dudes tracks feel so alive and dudes lyrics are 10 years ahead of the game, not to mention the delivery is so fully of energy as well. I can't wait for him to make his movie with Harmony Korine, cause from what I've gathered Spring Breakers succcked and I hope not because Korine is my favorite director.

Yeah should of put up Riff Raff for sure. Action Bronson sucks, how the hell he make the list. Rittz should of been up there to. Glad to see Chief up there.

Seriously I'm sure 80 percent of y'all hate riff raff but that lastest mixtape he dropped is ill af mixing wise and automation. It's engineered amazingly. All dudes tracks feel so alive and dudes lyrics are 10 years ahead of the game, not to mention the delivery is so fully of energy as well. I can't wait for him to make his movie with Harmony Korine, cause from what I've gathered Spring Breakers succcked and I hope not because Korine is my favorite director.

Yea Rittz is a great artist. Im surprised he isnt bigger than he already is. NEXT YEAR DOE ritz got it. lol Riff Raff and his freestyles have me in tears. I dont really like him but i can see the appeal in him though.
WHEN I HEARD DIZZY WRIGHT WAS ON THE LIST I WAS SOOOOO FREAKIN EXCITED! lol dude goes too hard. Also schoolboy q is my shit but i feel like dizzy is the better overall rapper. And im not trying to be a hater or not but can someone PLezzzz explain to me what is so great about joey bada$$..............

Back