Wow, rare set of gear, any clues as to it's worth?

MimikOctopus

My girl has a ton of stuff in her storage unit. It was her boyfriend's many years ago, he decided to stop living, and left all this stuff behind.

I don't have any pics yet, but what I know she has so far is:

Roland TR-909
Roland TR-808
Roland TR-606
Roland TB-303 with Devilfish mods
Roland Jupiter 8 with some mods, I'm guessing MIDI. There is a note on it indicating perhaps something wrong with it. I haven't seen it myself.

Moog MiniMoog 204E

Seems to be a pretty serious collection. She says she has all the original boxes, and that the guy was super meticulous, there are even the original twist ties from all the cables. He tried to have it insured and couldn't afford it. What has what I am not 100%, he bought some used, but nothing was ever thrown away. The Jupiter 8 has everything, including original box. There are 3 gold plated LTD 1200 technics as well. This is ($&#@*$(&@# crazy shit.

Last edited:
This is a pic she sent, not sure if it's of the actual unit, or a google photo just to tell me what she has. But this is what the TB 303 looks like. She wants to sell this stuff, so once she brings it back, I'm going to take photos.

Dam if you really have all that gear, you have a lot of money on your hands. The TR-808 goes for about $1,200 alone on eBay right now!

I would say if everything is working, it's worth $8,000 to $12,000 on the high end $5,000 to $8,000 on the low end!

Last edited:
Well I've seen Jupiter 8's on ebay for 5-10k, and I've seen listings for the minimoog 204e upwards of 3500 pounds sterling. I'm guessing those are high, and will require some research but it's a whole lot shit. It's been sitting in storage for a long time, the guy who owned it commited suicide and left it behind. She never looked at it until now. There are some Korg bits as well. It's all out of town, and she only knows what the gear says on the labels. Also there is 3 technics LTDs. They are 1200s, but the platter and tone arm are 24k gold plated. Toss in a virus and I'd be in heaven. She said I could have it all, but she didn't know it was valuable, she thought they were all toys. I couldn't take this kind of gift. Sweet stuff though, maybe I'll get a chance to try it out for a few hours when we make sure it's 100% working. But at the end of the day, I'm not a professional musician and it's all CV gear, and probably too difficult for me to work with. And she needs the money, taking it would be greedy and selfish.

Last edited:
Well I've seen Jupiter 8's on ebay for 5-10k, and I've seen listings for the minimoog 204e upwards of 3500 pounds sterling. I'm guessing those are high, and will require some research but it's a whole lot shit. It's been sitting in storage for a long time, the guy who owned it commited suicide and left it behind. She never looked at it until now. There are some Korg bits as well. It's all out of town, and she only knows what the gear says on the labels.

Oh I forgot about the minimog & Jupiter 8. With that in mind you have a lot of money on your hands. Just do a little of homework online about them. If it was me, I wouldn't sell them now. The longer you hold on to them, the more they will go up in value! Just my 2cents

Well she's homeless, and has a 4 year old. She's living with me and my parents, but we're expected to be out at the end of August. My advice to her was to sell off a few things to get what she needs, and hold onto a few things and let them increase in value.

She's not a very trusting person, so it's hard for me to tell her that without her thinking that I want it. I mean I do, in a perfect world. But I have a very nice setup that I'm greatful for, and is nicer than most people have. And I only jam out like 2-3 hours a week. It would be a total waste for me to keep. And her child and a roof over her head is much more important. This is basically a life changing find for her, and it will set her up to put her life back in order. Lots of bad things have been done to her by other people to put her in the bad place she's now, and it would be almost impossible for her to get out without something like this. I'm very happy for her.

Well she's homeless, and has a 4 year old. She's living with me and my parents, but we're expected to be out at the end of August. My advice to her was to sell off a few things to get what she needs, and hold onto a few things and let them increase in value.

She's not a very trusting person, so it's hard for me to tell her that without her thinking that I want it. I mean I do, in a perfect world. But I have a very nice setup that I'm greatful for, and is nicer than most people have. And I only jam out like 2-3 hours a week. It would be a total waste for me to keep. And her child and a roof over her head is much more important. This is basically a life changing find for her, and it will set her up to put her life back in order. Lots of bad things have been done to her by other people to put her in the bad place she's now, and it would be almost impossible for her to get out without something like this. I'm very happy for her.

Ok I feel you on that one! You have to sell what you can to get that paper.

I suggest with this kind of stuff, if she got time.
Up it and wait for it to be sold, for a HIGH price.

Idea:
Sell the least valuable and use some of the money for auktion fees and have it up for some time at the top...

Best wishes, good of you not taking it.

Last edited by a moderator:
or start making a sick analog album

I would buy them all if I could afford them. I may make an offer if there is something I really want. But right now my eyes are set on a Virus or an Andromeda.

I would love to even be able to get some modular parts to be able to control CV through my computer, and have an analog bonanza. I know there is software.

These are all splendid pieces, but not really all that if put in my hands. These are best put in the hands of someone that's going to love them and do serious work. Even if I had them, it would be a long time before I could really sit down and use them. My studio isn't too shabby for a bedroom setup, and right now it's all packed away because I'm moving, and I have more than enough to keep me making music and entertained. I have a lot to learn.

The TRs and the TB would be awesome, real life rebirth setup!

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

PM if you have interest. I'm going to try and get to the units, I'll shoot video or whatever you want. I understand that doing large transactions over email or anything is risky, but selling this stuff will help my girl out a ton. I want quick fair transactions, we want to sell them at a decent price, and deliver them in the condition promised. We don't have time for returns or anything, so the units will ship out and be sold as soon as we can provide a solid representation of the condition. I understand having just one of these is rare, having them all is beyond rare. I'm a fair and reasonable guy just trying to help his girl. I expect the first will be the hardest, but once we deliver 100% people will feel more comfy about all this. Bank issued cashier's checks are preferred, we also will accept USPS money orders.

We're going to look into servicing the jupiter and moog. I don't have pics of them anyway. PM me.

Last edited:
Shoot vids or pictures of them in angles in the same place, that will prove that you really have them for the buyers. Shoot nice pictures (clean the gear), it helps selling them. On ebay, make a nice description, nothing too crazy, just simple, put links to websites with more info (especially for the good stuff). Set an high immediate price + offers if you have an idea of how much you want for each and want to avoid an auction going bad (sometimes with bad timing things go for much lower than they should. But they also go for more when people get caught in the auction, while immediate price lets people think a bit more).
Good luck.

Back