WOW look

Whoa!!! Good job, my friend!

You have choosen wisely... Good job Chriss! I preordered mine just this past weekend [03/10/01].

I called them up re my order to find out an exact date. They told me it'd be the second week of MAY.

I look forward to talking to you about it when we've got the RS7000 in our hands! :)

Lastly, the RS7000 yahoogroup has already got quite a few members! So, that's pretty cool too.

Okay, later...

hey Ephect, i notice that u like the QY-70 O.S. ... man i loved that little silver guy for like 2 years, it wuz awwwesome, live gigging with it and an A3000. Back then it was state of the art - the A3k that is. I refuse to look at the R7000 or whatever cos i might spin out. I don't want to want anymore. please make it stop. Argh - the voices - saying....Tascam X9...combined with ... the R7000 .... would surely be a very POWERFUL setup ....
Been thinking about pulling out the QY-70 and syncing it with Pro Tools in the studio with the other stuff.
Been thinking a lot lately.
Cool to hear the name QY-70 again. He's a good little guy.
Nice midi timing. Love those hardware sequencer midi clocks.
I reckon that u guys should put up photos of your gear when u get it. So i can look. Just look. That's all i need to do. Just a little look at what someone ELSE has.
Hmmm...
Oh yeah - love that pattern mode! But do 5 filter sweeps while recording and you might get the QY70 low on memory sad face!
And the way ya don't have to save stuff...just do it, it remembers it, as if what you play becomes part of the machine immiediately. Until u wipe it because of the memory issue.
I guess the RS7000 might be just a tad more powerful than the QY70 but heeeeyyyyy what's the biig deeal, it probably just has a back lit screen or sommmethiing... haha

QY70, stays.

Yes, the QY70 is a happy little sequencer, indeed. It's the only piece of equipment I've kept, after having sold off my entire studio. That was about $4500 dollors worth of gear.

The QY70 goes with me almost everywhere. Sometimes when I'm at work, about 3:30pm I'll take a little break in my office and mess with the QY70.

Most of the time though, I'll dump all my midi data onto CUBASE, and complete my tunes there. Or, I'll record just the AUDIO [or make AUDIO LOOPS] from the QY70. Then add some EQ, an EFFECT, and some COMPRESSION -- sounds pretty good. Then I'll construct the song. I also like to use the LM4 and a host of other VST instruments.

I havent any pictures of my studio set up. But I will once I get my RS7000.

I've found a healthy online community for the QY70 and QY100. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/QY70

Okay, I'll talk to ya later. :)

OMG did you sell all your equipment to buy the rs7000 - is it really that good???
yeah, the qy-70 has some nice sounds, the xg paramater changes are really quite powerful for such a little box. Great for workplace creativity too - "Hey, everyone, look at Mr Ephect, hey Mr Ephect what's that you've got? What do you think you are doing"
-"Protecting your lives. There's been a bomb scare and this device will monitor each and every day whether this office is a safe environment or not, so you better hush and let me get on with saving your fat as#$" ;)
Thanks for the user group tips. Although everything seems a little lack lustre compared to what i just know intuitively is Da Bom known as rs7000.
But hey, MrA3k is A-OK, and pro tools has some really helpful rtas plugs etc, so i gotta muster up as much human happiness as i can and say - I'm stoked for you guys.

;) I didn't sell my equipment to buy the RS7000, no. That was not my intention. I just sort of felt that the gear I had was not right for me. I had all these different pieces of gear that weren't very friendly towards one another. Each piece of gear has it's own personallity, all of the ones I had felt disfuntional and angry. As well as lame issues with midi, program changes, backing up files... that sort of thing. So I sold it all, and I've only used CUBASE and the VST instruments for quite some time now.

But as of the last four months, I realized that I still had more fun with the QY70, or my friends ASR, and RM1X. ....? Also, the ability to take my QY70 to a friends house to jam was great. Unpluging my G3, just to do a two hour jam session, would be drudgery.

So, I started my search once again, for a hardware sequencer. Something that was as fun as my QY70 or an RM1X -- plus a friendly sampler like an SU700 or ES-1. Then, I found the RS7000 -- it made a lot of sense to me.

I've read those RS700 specs over and over and over again. Had quite a lot of discussions about it with friends at work and people online. All I'll need is a POWERFUL SYNTH, like a VIRUS INDIGO, WALDORF Q, SUPERNOVAII, or NORD LEAD to get those RICH sounds. I'm leaning towards the VIRUS INDIGO -- everything I'll need, plus it'll look cool next to theRS7000.

If you have a chance, and want to talk about the RS7000 with some more interested parties, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RS7000

As for my QY70, at work... it's cool. Theres lot's of GEARHEADS like myself there too. Speaking of work, I'm late! Gotta' go! ;)

Back