Would Someone Explain Why I Suck at Trying to Make Music

Junior-UT

I am interested in making hip-hop music but I can't seem to get it together especially after suffering a concussion. For two years I've been trashing projects because I feel like no one could record vocals to them. Can I upload a sample or two? If so, can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Before even listening to the music, I'm willing to bet that at least part of the problem lies within your mindset, and not the music. It sounds like you may be trying to create something that you simply can't yet.

Don't set the standard so high. Instead, allow yourself to freely create. I realize this is easier said then done sometimes, but DO IT. The more you create, the better you get, the more you understand, the more successful you become. It's a chain that begins with simply creating as much as you can. Don't get in your own way.

Of course, this was all said before listening to anything of yours, but it's still relevant and important.

As previously said, don't concentrate so much, it's normal to suck at this especially if this is a new skill that you're developing.
Everybody sucks, but most of the people you look up to as producers or musicians don't get to show that. No one, and I really mean no one, even the geniuses among us do not make hot music all the time. Sometimes they fail at making a good track, many of them fail most of the time, but that's the process. Music isn't like working in a factory where each time the product ends up the same

Back